I love my Javier! ;)
By mrsneal on
2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I absolutely love my Corolla! I loved the warranty options offered by ToyotaCare, and I generally couldn't be happier with my dealership and that entire process. There are very few negative things I can even say about this car. The gas mileage is great, I average 32.2 around town! When it comes down to it, he's not a luxury sedan, and there aren't umpteen million bells and whistles, but he's fun, sporty, and an all around an awesome car if you're not a nit-picker. More electronic garbage is more to possibly malfunction, I don't need it. (Even saying this, my '92 Celica's electronics all function perfectly, so I really wasn't concerned in Toyota's functionality, other brand owners, beware!)
Favorite Features
I love the option for 5-speed manual I learned on a manual transmission, and after driving the 4 speed auto, the difference in feel was a no-brainer. It's so fun to drive! Another stipulation I had was the sunroof, check. :) The Bluetooth features are perfect for a manual driver, like myself, no contortion acts when you need to shift, and although some people dislike it, disabling contacts while driving was a smart decision on Toyotas part! The handy storage compartments are great. Being able to turn traction-control off is great in PA winters for weather-savvy drivers, and this little bugger is surprisingly awesome in the snow, even without winter treads! Big thumbs up over all for sure!
Suggested Improvements
Although I realize the Corolla is a compact sedan, a slight improvement on the amount of power in the lower RPMs would make for perfection! You have to make the ol' tach climb up around 4k before you get what you're looking for in some cases. Also, even though I automatically turn them off from my previous (and still owned) Toyota car (92 Celica) and the jeep I traded in, automatic headlights would be handy. I also think a more monotone color scheme on interior panels would look nicer than the multiple grays and black. My only ACTUAL gripe is that the US doesn't offer a hatchback like offered overseas!! :) they are sweet looking little machines and I'd have purchased one in a heartbeat!