Corolla Type S 2013 - Automatic
By fionn on
2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
My wife and I purchased this new 2013 model of the Corolla Type S 2013 this week for her birthday and to get rid of her old Saturn. We were not considering the Corolla because in the previous years model we did not like driving this car and felt the interior was too plain. Although there are similarities between the 2012 and 2013 model, some of the improvements were the touch screen digital display in the center of the dash. It allows me to touch navigate through my music and between my artillery devices like my iPhone. The bluetooth pairing was simple. Driving was fun, comfortable, and felt solid. The steering is loose but easy to navigate. The ride is very comfortable.
Favorite Features
The exterior of the Type S reminds me of a Camry. I felt like I was driving a higher end car just by the outer exterior design. I really enjoy the luggage space and the interior room for guests in the back seat. I also love the new touch screen display. We did not purchase the model with navigation but the normal model came with a nice large display that was touch screen that allowed us to navigate through music very easily.
Suggested Improvements
My only suggested improvements. Increase the HP of the car. I feel sometimes when I put my foot down to accelerate that the car needs a little more pep. My only other suggestion is that during the day if you have tint on your windows like I do.. that the car's speedometer dash needs to have the ability to light up without turning on the head lights or atleast make it brighter to see. I found it hard to see what speed I was going during the day because the speedometer was so dark.
By az_scott
on 02/16/13 21:05 PM (PST)

Fully agree about the loose steering. At freeway speeds, it feels as though the wind is pushing the car side-to-side in the lane, but there's no breeze and you realize it's the car. It seems to track in every which way but straight which makes it kind of a drag to drive long-distance.