Used 2013 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

My Third Corolla - I Really Like It
By bobnc3

2013 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Traded my 08 Corolla CE for the 2013 L because of a great deal at my favorite dealer. Only thing I didn't like was the compulsory power windows and locks. Shame the pure base car is no more. Love the Continental OEM tires. First good ones on my 3 Corollas. The Integrity tires on my first two were dumped before 10K for Michelins.

Easy to understand instruments and lack of too much technology. I like the KISS principle. Keep It Simple Stupid. Great OEM tires (Continental).

Make some light bulbs easier to change. Make driver side outboard rear seatbelt longer on seat part so it can be easily operated. Keep dirt from getting under door and winding up in the sill.

Sporty Commuter Car
By az_scott

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2013 Toyota Corolla S 5spd a week ago. This was my first new car purchase in over ten years. I considered the 2013 Honda Civic LX 4DR, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4DR, and the 2013 Ford Focus 4DR and 5DR HB. Civic was nice, but beyond our budget. The Elanta was a close second, and the Ford wasn't even interesting enough for us to test-drive. I was actually going to skip the Corolla altogether but decided to look at them anyway. Glad I did. The S trim in a 5spd is anything but dull, drab, and uninspiring. Granted, the acceleration isn't mind-blowing, but this car is cool, comfortable, safe, sensible and will last us for years to come. We got it for a smokin' price too.

Average MPG reading, S trim features like the aero kit, blacked out headlights, and fog lights, touch screen radio.

Increase the engine performance to something a bit more respectable. The 2013 Corolla S alloy wheels are rather lame looking. They need a lower offset as they sit too far in.

2013 Corolla S.
By elvis765

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Many people pan the Corolla's aging platform saying it has drum brakes etc. Well the Ford Focus has drum brakes and people think it is the best ever. I drove both cars, owned the new Dart and sold it, driven the Chevy Cruise and Noisy Mazda 3. Out of all the cars I did like the new Civic the most, however their price premium at dealer lots is not worth what you get on Civic Vs. Corolla. The new 2014 Corolla doesn't change much from the old and I didn't feel the need to wait for the newer model. The car is quiet, smooth, and build quality compared to the Dart isn't even close. The Focus was small on the inside compared to the Corolla and I would buy another Corolla in the future.

Touch screen radio ( would like to see XM standard across the board if it is not for 2014). Cruise control which is a must have. And the tinted windows from the factory are nice.

5-6 Speed auto transmission. Not a big fan of CVT even though the new Corolla except for L has 7 "shift points" it isn't the same as a traditional 5-6 speed unit. The four speed is o.k. but noise on the highway and full consumption would improve with just one or two more gears. Otherwise the 4 speed is reliable and smooth most of the time.

Enjoyed it while I had it but decided to trade in.
By camrygirl2

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

2013 Corolla LE w/ complete package. Cute, stylish & economical car. Was averaging around 30-34 mpg in town. Full tank gets you 400 miles + . Had steering wheel issue but the problem was fixed by dealership under warranty. Touch screen display not as responsive & had to push it a couple times. Entunes could use some improvement. The sound system is nice. Loved my sunroof. Sometimes it's much nicer to drive a smaller car because you can make quick u turns & fit into smaller parking areas. I really liked this car but it didn't have enough power for me. I didn't feel comfortable merging on to busy freeways/highways. Also space & leg room felt kind of tight. Other than that this is a great car.

Body Style, Lights, Sunroof, Sound System, Economical. Fun to drive in town.

More leg room. Entunes touch display needs to be more responsive. More sturdy door handles, the plastic feels cheap & easy to break off. The sideview mirror control needs to be on the door panel not under the driver's side ac vent. A little more power under the hood. The electrical power steering could be more quiet while turning wheel, almost sounds like plastic rubbing on plastic.

Meh....
By woesy

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Currently leased 2013 Corolla LE. My wife had 2 previous leases 06 and 09. Both were better Corollas. I appreciate some of the new improvement s like USB port, but the older models were more comfortable and felt more nimble. That being said the lease was definitely cheaper than what I would have gotten for say a Focus, Cruze, or Sentra. If you're looking for a Corolla I would say look for '07 to '10 model used and don't worry about Bluetooth and USB ports. You can get by without. I think the model has regressed. Really dull ride. Unfortunately, I disregarded my kids 4,7 in the decision. No room in the back seat for them!