2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Bluetooth FAIL no voice dialing...very limited while in motion.
By mwadeb on 07/27/13 09:06 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I actually can't wait to get rid of this car, and I've only had it 5000 miles. The Bluetooth in the 2014 Corolla does NOT have voice dialing. It really sucks. You cannot even view your contacts while driving. You cannot manually enter a phone number while driving. There are only two ways to make a call while the car is in motion: 1. Calling a recent number (called out or received while in the car). 2. Speed dials, if you have placed that person in your speed dial entry in the car...which is limited in the number of entries. Maybe it's my phone, but it only locks up after pairing with the car.

Great affordable, reliable, commuter car.
By kt1204 on 06/29/13 21:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the 2013 Corolla S. I'll admit, it's not a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. If you want that, pay the extra $$$. But, it doesn't claim to be a strong, powerful, luxury sedan. It's a reliable, affordable, sedan that will last for years and years. Perfect commuter for long drives, plenty of power for me.....unless you plan on driving 90 mph +, which I don't. Great gas mileage and this car will continue to pay for itself long after it's time due to how reliable it is. I was surprised that it even came with a "touch screen" sound system for a basic Toyota sedan. Enjoy the gas mileage and buy a luxury car if that's what you want.

Enjoyed it while I had it but decided to trade in.
By camrygirl2 on 06/10/13 17:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

2013 Corolla LE w/ complete package. Cute, stylish & economical car. Was averaging around 30-34 mpg in town. Full tank gets you 400 miles + . Had steering wheel issue but the problem was fixed by dealership under warranty. Touch screen display not as responsive & had to push it a couple times. Entunes could use some improvement. The sound system is nice. Loved my sunroof. Sometimes it's much nicer to drive a smaller car because you can make quick u turns & fit into smaller parking areas. I really liked this car but it didn't have enough power for me. I didn't feel comfortable merging on to busy freeways/highways. Also space & leg room felt kind of tight. Other than that this is a great car.

So far so good!
By jasonmontreal on 05/31/13 04:32 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I recently replaced a Nissan Versa with the Toyota Corolla. So far, it has been an excellent decision! As the badging of this car is a little different in Canada, the model I bought is the base CE with the available moonroof convenience package. I saw no reason to spend more for the S, as my car has all options I could ever want. It seems that most user reviews mention lack of styling and boring driving experience. I will admit that this is not a sporty car and it does not offer the driving feel of a Mazda 3. However, I don't think the Corolla has ever tried to do anything other than what it does best - being a reliable, safe, comfortable, fuel-efficient and practical way to get around.

Just what I needed
By cwbarrett on 05/28/13 10:54 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just leased a 2013 S mainly for my son. He loves the car. Sunroof. Rides well. Quiet. Enough power with the manual. He's 6'4" and fits fine. Edmunds recommends considering other cars but the ones they recommend don't inspire confidence. The difference between the editors and me is that they get to give theirs back after 2 weeks. I noticed the negative user comments on the Corolla are around style and a little under powered. I noticed the negative comments on the suggested alternatives are mechanical, like transmissions grinding and steering columns shaking. I guess I'd rather have a "disconnected driving experience" than a disconnnected wallet experience.

traded 2009 Corolla for 2013
By dftampa on 05/20/13 11:55 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had enough issues with my 2009 Corolla to trade in for a new 2013 Corolla. So far I really enjoy driving this vehicle and cannot wait for a road trip. Compared to the 2009 version the 2013 Corolla drives like a luxury vehicle. The pep seems to match the 2009 vehicle which is not spectacular but adequate and I love some of the standard items that added to help Toyota keep up with the American car makers.

2013 Corolla white paint mismatch
By notoyotaagain on 05/15/13 14:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Decided to give Corolla a try, bought new from dealership. Huge mistake!!! In the light you can't tell as well, but overcast and evenings it's horrible. Front fender does not match hood and front doors, front doors do not match rear doors, rear doors do not match quarter panels. Dealer admitted seeing problem and called corporate Toyota. Corporate said since we see it on all white Corollas, it is "normal". Took to arbitration (as "required" by Toyota before court) who also sees mismatch but does not deem it to be a "defect" I'm not talking about the horribly mismatched bumpers here, but the metal panels. If you don't like feeling you got screwed, don't get a white Corolla

My Third Corolla - I Really Like It
By bobnc3 on 05/11/13 17:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Traded my 08 Corolla CE for the 2013 L because of a great deal at my favorite dealer. Only thing I didn't like was the compulsory power windows and locks. Shame the pure base car is no more. Love the Continental OEM tires. First good ones on my 3 Corollas. The Integrity tires on my first two were dumped before 10K for Michelins.

Meh....
By woesy on 04/07/13 01:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Currently leased 2013 Corolla LE. My wife had 2 previous leases 06 and 09. Both were better Corollas. I appreciate some of the new improvement s like USB port, but the older models were more comfortable and felt more nimble. That being said the lease was definitely cheaper than what I would have gotten for say a Focus, Cruze, or Sentra. If you're looking for a Corolla I would say look for '07 to '10 model used and don't worry about Bluetooth and USB ports. You can get by without. I think the model has regressed. Really dull ride. Unfortunately, I disregarded my kids 4,7 in the decision. No room in the back seat for them!

Don't Rush into it!
By mike806 on 04/07/13 01:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I actually just bought a Corolla S a hours ago and I already regret my purchase, I should have gone with the CIVIC or the Sentra, better Gas, more power, more leg room and much better Dash Board Look., I did like the sporty look of the S model, but after a few hours I should have just gone with the Civic, 30 more dollars a month would have been definitely worth it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan in VA is:

$155 per month*