Used 2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Should have bouth the Civic.
By justin82

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking at the Civic LX and The Corolla LE. I ended up with the Corolla. The dealer I worked with gave me an ok deal on the car and my trade, but it was the 0% financing that sealed the deal. I will say that I am not impressed with this car at all. It was in the garage 2 different time before I had 500 miles on it. vvt-i gears, both of them. Now I'm going to be making another appointment because I'm getting a very hard shift from 1st to 2nd gear. I should have went with the Civic.

Favorite Features

Nothing to write home to your momma about with this car.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality. It's absurd that the car had to be in the garage twice, for a total of 2 weeks within the first month of ownership.

Great car so far
By yankees102110

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car brand new back in April. So far 8,000 miles and no issues. I am averaging around 30mpg. This is my first Toyota Ive always owned ford focuses, I test drove the 2013 focus and hated the way the transmission felt. I have no problem at all with the 4-spd transmission that the corolla offers and the car has plenty of peep when i need it. I love the electronic steering. I have the premium package so it comes with the 17 inch rims and the sunroof.

Favorite Features

sunroof, eps, rims, sporty look, seats.

Suggested Improvements

the interior is a little outdated that's all i would change but i see they updated that with the 14's.

disatisfaction
By mfbernier05

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan S Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car brand new back in April 2013. I paid for leather and heated seat. Since I bought to car everything I drive it I have chronicle back pain. the discomfort is behind description. It was the biggest mistake of my life. In addition, the dealer where I bought the car was in my opinion, the worst of all.

Suggested Improvements

If I have a choice I will never lay hands on this car until my finance period expire. Everytime I have stepped foot in this care, my level of frustration is up to the roof. I did not know that I could have returned the car the next day. I will never forget myself for buying this corolla 2013 at this specific dealer

2013 Corolla S.
By elvis765

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Many people pan the Corolla's aging platform saying it has drum brakes etc. Well the Ford Focus has drum brakes and people think it is the best ever. I drove both cars, owned the new Dart and sold it, driven the Chevy Cruise and Noisy Mazda 3. Out of all the cars I did like the new Civic the most, however their price premium at dealer lots is not worth what you get on Civic Vs. Corolla. The new 2014 Corolla doesn't change much from the old and I didn't feel the need to wait for the newer model. The car is quiet, smooth, and build quality compared to the Dart isn't even close. The Focus was small on the inside compared to the Corolla and I would buy another Corolla in the future.

Favorite Features

Touch screen radio ( would like to see XM standard across the board if it is not for 2014). Cruise control which is a must have. And the tinted windows from the factory are nice.

Suggested Improvements

5-6 Speed auto transmission. Not a big fan of CVT even though the new Corolla except for L has 7 "shift points" it isn't the same as a traditional 5-6 speed unit. The four speed is o.k. but noise on the highway and full consumption would improve with just one or two more gears. Otherwise the 4 speed is reliable and smooth most of the time.

While I admire the styling cues of the Elantra, the built quality, reliability, smooth ride, and reliability of the Corolla takes the win here.
By amac8

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan S Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Lets be honest, the interior of the corolla may be antiquated and the engine power may not be as responsive as some other competitors. That being said, this is a nice vehicle to have in your garage. I admire the Hyundai Elantra's styling for both the interior and exterior. When i test drove the Elantra everything felt good, but i did not feel the sense of longevity. The civic is also a great choice but to package up to the standards of the Corolla S, I might as well buy a Camry SE. The Corolla S is the best choice here. Everyone speaks about the appearance as boring but My Corolla Grabs eyes on the highway, and it looks similar to the 06-11 Camry S which was #1 in sells for its model years.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Touchscreen radio, Nav, HD radio, Auto lights, Torsion Beam Suspension for smooth refined ride, Plush Sport Cloth Seats, Moonroof, 17 inch Alloys, Fog lights, Keyless entry with trunk release, reduces road noise due to increased padding and noise canceling features,

Suggested Improvements

Toyota should do away with the antiquated 4 speed transmission. This is my only gripe with the drivetrain. When I Traveled to Cleveland from DC, I often had to take the car out of overdrive to get through the mountains. A couple more gears would have sufficed. Engine Power is sufficient, more gears would improve fuel economy. I traded in a civic which was rated at 140HP with a 5 speed automatic. The Corolla is faster during roll off, the civic beats during 0-60 due to the 5 speed. Toyota the Corolla needs Camry's 6 Speed!!!