2013 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
While I admire the styling cues of the Elantra, the built quality, reliability, smooth ride, and reliability of the Corolla takes the win here.
By amac8 on 07/28/13 08:08 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Lets be honest, the interior of the corolla may be antiquated and the engine power may not be as responsive as some other competitors. That being said, this is a nice vehicle to have in your garage. I admire the Hyundai Elantra's styling for both the interior and exterior. When i test drove the Elantra everything felt good, but i did not feel the sense of longevity. The civic is also a great choice but to package up to the standards of the Corolla S, I might as well buy a Camry SE. The Corolla S is the best choice here. Everyone speaks about the appearance as boring but My Corolla Grabs eyes on the highway, and it looks similar to the 06-11 Camry S which was #1 in sells for its model years.

Great affordable, reliable, commuter car.
By kt1204 on 06/29/13 21:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the 2013 Corolla S. I'll admit, it's not a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. If you want that, pay the extra $$$. But, it doesn't claim to be a strong, powerful, luxury sedan. It's a reliable, affordable, sedan that will last for years and years. Perfect commuter for long drives, plenty of power for me.....unless you plan on driving 90 mph +, which I don't. Great gas mileage and this car will continue to pay for itself long after it's time due to how reliable it is. I was surprised that it even came with a "touch screen" sound system for a basic Toyota sedan. Enjoy the gas mileage and buy a luxury car if that's what you want.

I love my Javier! ;)
By mrsneal on 02/03/14 21:30 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Corolla! I loved the warranty options offered by ToyotaCare, and I generally couldn't be happier with my dealership and that entire process. There are very few negative things I can even say about this car. The gas mileage is great, I average 32.2 around town! When it comes down to it, he's not a luxury sedan, and there aren't umpteen million bells and whistles, but he's fun, sporty, and an all around an awesome car if you're not a nit-picker. More electronic garbage is more to possibly malfunction, I don't need it. (Even saying this, my '92 Celica's electronics all function perfectly, so I really wasn't concerned in Toyota's functionality, other brand owners, beware!)

Sporty Commuter Car
By az_scott on 02/03/13 13:45 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2013 Toyota Corolla S 5spd a week ago. This was my first new car purchase in over ten years. I considered the 2013 Honda Civic LX 4DR, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4DR, and the 2013 Ford Focus 4DR and 5DR HB. Civic was nice, but beyond our budget. The Elanta was a close second, and the Ford wasn't even interesting enough for us to test-drive. I was actually going to skip the Corolla altogether but decided to look at them anyway. Glad I did. The S trim in a 5spd is anything but dull, drab, and uninspiring. Granted, the acceleration isn't mind-blowing, but this car is cool, comfortable, safe, sensible and will last us for years to come. We got it for a smokin' price too.

My Third Corolla - I Really Like It
By bobnc3 on 05/11/13 17:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Traded my 08 Corolla CE for the 2013 L because of a great deal at my favorite dealer. Only thing I didn't like was the compulsory power windows and locks. Shame the pure base car is no more. Love the Continental OEM tires. First good ones on my 3 Corollas. The Integrity tires on my first two were dumped before 10K for Michelins.

Great car so far
By yankees102110 on 09/23/13 20:07 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car brand new back in April. So far 8,000 miles and no issues. I am averaging around 30mpg. This is my first Toyota Ive always owned ford focuses, I test drove the 2013 focus and hated the way the transmission felt. I have no problem at all with the 4-spd transmission that the corolla offers and the car has plenty of peep when i need it. I love the electronic steering. I have the premium package so it comes with the 17 inch rims and the sunroof.

So far so good!
By jasonmontreal on 05/31/13 04:32 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I recently replaced a Nissan Versa with the Toyota Corolla. So far, it has been an excellent decision! As the badging of this car is a little different in Canada, the model I bought is the base CE with the available moonroof convenience package. I saw no reason to spend more for the S, as my car has all options I could ever want. It seems that most user reviews mention lack of styling and boring driving experience. I will admit that this is not a sporty car and it does not offer the driving feel of a Mazda 3. However, I don't think the Corolla has ever tried to do anything other than what it does best - being a reliable, safe, comfortable, fuel-efficient and practical way to get around.

Enjoyed it while I had it but decided to trade in.
By camrygirl2 on 06/10/13 17:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

2013 Corolla LE w/ complete package. Cute, stylish & economical car. Was averaging around 30-34 mpg in town. Full tank gets you 400 miles + . Had steering wheel issue but the problem was fixed by dealership under warranty. Touch screen display not as responsive & had to push it a couple times. Entunes could use some improvement. The sound system is nice. Loved my sunroof. Sometimes it's much nicer to drive a smaller car because you can make quick u turns & fit into smaller parking areas. I really liked this car but it didn't have enough power for me. I didn't feel comfortable merging on to busy freeways/highways. Also space & leg room felt kind of tight. Other than that this is a great car.

2013 Corolla S.
By elvis765 on 09/05/13 08:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Many people pan the Corolla's aging platform saying it has drum brakes etc. Well the Ford Focus has drum brakes and people think it is the best ever. I drove both cars, owned the new Dart and sold it, driven the Chevy Cruise and Noisy Mazda 3. Out of all the cars I did like the new Civic the most, however their price premium at dealer lots is not worth what you get on Civic Vs. Corolla. The new 2014 Corolla doesn't change much from the old and I didn't feel the need to wait for the newer model. The car is quiet, smooth, and build quality compared to the Dart isn't even close. The Focus was small on the inside compared to the Corolla and I would buy another Corolla in the future.

Meh....
By woesy on 04/07/13 01:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Currently leased 2013 Corolla LE. My wife had 2 previous leases 06 and 09. Both were better Corollas. I appreciate some of the new improvement s like USB port, but the older models were more comfortable and felt more nimble. That being said the lease was definitely cheaper than what I would have gotten for say a Focus, Cruze, or Sentra. If you're looking for a Corolla I would say look for '07 to '10 model used and don't worry about Bluetooth and USB ports. You can get by without. I think the model has regressed. Really dull ride. Unfortunately, I disregarded my kids 4,7 in the decision. No room in the back seat for them!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Corolla in WA is:

$188 per month*