Used 2013 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2013 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Lovely Car
By erinn06

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my husband and I's first new car. We absolutely love it. I have to agree and disagree with some of what Edmunds says about the car. The interior design is very nice to me. I love the touch screen music player; we listen to a lot of music and so that is important. However then again as a music person, the speakers could use just a bit more pep and refining. Also it's acceleration is a bit lacking, but over all it is a wonderful car and I do feel safe driving it with my infant daughter. We bought this car in a charcoal grey, which is also very lovely.

Favorite Features

Again, the touch screen radio is great. I also like the blue tooth connection. It makes the area between the drivers and passenger's seat a lot more clutter free without cords everywhere. I also like how crisp the air conditioning feels in the car and how it is unheard up until it's highest setting. I also like it's exterior. It looks very upscale for an economy car and people have commented on how nice it looks and how it fits us. It drives smoothly too.

Suggested Improvements

The acceleration, as previously mentioned, needs some help. That is pretty much my only complaint. If you want to be pickier, the cloth interior that came with this model sucks stuff to it, like bits of fiber from your clothes, so it is slightly difficult to keep the seats clean and fresh looking. So in that case, I might suggest a better cloth material.

traded 2009 Corolla for 2013
By dftampa

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had enough issues with my 2009 Corolla to trade in for a new 2013 Corolla. So far I really enjoy driving this vehicle and cannot wait for a road trip. Compared to the 2009 version the 2013 Corolla drives like a luxury vehicle. The pep seems to match the 2009 vehicle which is not spectacular but adequate and I love some of the standard items that added to help Toyota keep up with the American car makers.

Favorite Features

I love the bluetooth, touchscreen radio and radio controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

I wish that the whole bottom of the trunk didn't have to lift out to access the spare tire and that the seats were more comfortable but they feel the same as my previous 2009 Corolla only I seem to sit higher in the 2013 Corolla. I hate that I now have to "turn on" the headlights. My 1995 and 2009 Corolla the lights were automatic or it was based on the setting.

Corolla Type S 2013 - Automatic
By fionn

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased this new 2013 model of the Corolla Type S 2013 this week for her birthday and to get rid of her old Saturn. We were not considering the Corolla because in the previous years model we did not like driving this car and felt the interior was too plain. Although there are similarities between the 2012 and 2013 model, some of the improvements were the touch screen digital display in the center of the dash. It allows me to touch navigate through my music and between my artillery devices like my iPhone. The bluetooth pairing was simple. Driving was fun, comfortable, and felt solid. The steering is loose but easy to navigate. The ride is very comfortable.

Favorite Features

The exterior of the Type S reminds me of a Camry. I felt like I was driving a higher end car just by the outer exterior design. I really enjoy the luggage space and the interior room for guests in the back seat. I also love the new touch screen display. We did not purchase the model with navigation but the normal model came with a nice large display that was touch screen that allowed us to navigate through music very easily.

Suggested Improvements

My only suggested improvements. Increase the HP of the car. I feel sometimes when I put my foot down to accelerate that the car needs a little more pep. My only other suggestion is that during the day if you have tint on your windows like I do.. that the car's speedometer dash needs to have the ability to light up without turning on the head lights or atleast make it brighter to see. I found it hard to see what speed I was going during the day because the speedometer was so dark.

Classy Ride
By gigit

2013 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 2011 Mazda 3, and my husband leased a 2010 4 door Yaris Sedan. We traded in the Yaris for a new lease on a Corolla. My husband now drives the 3 because it's financed and not leased as he puts a ton of miles on, and because my work commute is shorter I got the Corolla. My model has a moon roof, wood trimmed interior, heated seats, and other bells & whistles. Everyone says how much better the 3 performs, but I disagree, it's only a slight difference. I LOVED my 3, but I also love my Corolla. I also find the two tone beige interior of the Corolla to be nicer than the all black interior of the 3. The Corolla is a classy ride - mini Camry! The Yaris was a lousy car. Drove like a tin can

Favorite Features

Moon roof, wood trim, heated seats, good gas mileage, nice interior, and that great Toyota reliability that is so very important to me.

Great affordable, reliable, commuter car.
By kt1204

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the 2013 Corolla S. I'll admit, it's not a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. If you want that, pay the extra $$$. But, it doesn't claim to be a strong, powerful, luxury sedan. It's a reliable, affordable, sedan that will last for years and years. Perfect commuter for long drives, plenty of power for me.....unless you plan on driving 90 mph +, which I don't. Great gas mileage and this car will continue to pay for itself long after it's time due to how reliable it is. I was surprised that it even came with a "touch screen" sound system for a basic Toyota sedan. Enjoy the gas mileage and buy a luxury car if that's what you want.

Favorite Features

Easy steering wheel movement and super easy to drive due to it's size. Great fuel economy. The 2013 S has a beautiful exterior design, especially in black. Looks sharp. Will go 200K plus miles if cared for properly. They hold their resale value well.

Suggested Improvements

More room, but it is a "compact sedan". Turn signals lights on the mirrors would be nice. Lacks power, but I'm not racing anyone.