Used 2013 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Most Helpful|
Corolla Type S 2013 - Automatic
By fionn

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased this new 2013 model of the Corolla Type S 2013 this week for her birthday and to get rid of her old Saturn. We were not considering the Corolla because in the previous years model we did not like driving this car and felt the interior was too plain. Although there are similarities between the 2012 and 2013 model, some of the improvements were the touch screen digital display in the center of the dash. It allows me to touch navigate through my music and between my artillery devices like my iPhone. The bluetooth pairing was simple. Driving was fun, comfortable, and felt solid. The steering is loose but easy to navigate. The ride is very comfortable.

Favorite Features

The exterior of the Type S reminds me of a Camry. I felt like I was driving a higher end car just by the outer exterior design. I really enjoy the luggage space and the interior room for guests in the back seat. I also love the new touch screen display. We did not purchase the model with navigation but the normal model came with a nice large display that was touch screen that allowed us to navigate through music very easily.

Suggested Improvements

My only suggested improvements. Increase the HP of the car. I feel sometimes when I put my foot down to accelerate that the car needs a little more pep. My only other suggestion is that during the day if you have tint on your windows like I do.. that the car's speedometer dash needs to have the ability to light up without turning on the head lights or atleast make it brighter to see. I found it hard to see what speed I was going during the day because the speedometer was so dark.

Classy Ride
By gigit

2013 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 2011 Mazda 3, and my husband leased a 2010 4 door Yaris Sedan. We traded in the Yaris for a new lease on a Corolla. My husband now drives the 3 because it's financed and not leased as he puts a ton of miles on, and because my work commute is shorter I got the Corolla. My model has a moon roof, wood trimmed interior, heated seats, and other bells & whistles. Everyone says how much better the 3 performs, but I disagree, it's only a slight difference. I LOVED my 3, but I also love my Corolla. I also find the two tone beige interior of the Corolla to be nicer than the all black interior of the 3. The Corolla is a classy ride - mini Camry! The Yaris was a lousy car. Drove like a tin can

Favorite Features

Moon roof, wood trim, heated seats, good gas mileage, nice interior, and that great Toyota reliability that is so very important to me.

Lovely Car
By erinn06

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my husband and I's first new car. We absolutely love it. I have to agree and disagree with some of what Edmunds says about the car. The interior design is very nice to me. I love the touch screen music player; we listen to a lot of music and so that is important. However then again as a music person, the speakers could use just a bit more pep and refining. Also it's acceleration is a bit lacking, but over all it is a wonderful car and I do feel safe driving it with my infant daughter. We bought this car in a charcoal grey, which is also very lovely.

Favorite Features

Again, the touch screen radio is great. I also like the blue tooth connection. It makes the area between the drivers and passenger's seat a lot more clutter free without cords everywhere. I also like how crisp the air conditioning feels in the car and how it is unheard up until it's highest setting. I also like it's exterior. It looks very upscale for an economy car and people have commented on how nice it looks and how it fits us. It drives smoothly too.

Suggested Improvements

The acceleration, as previously mentioned, needs some help. That is pretty much my only complaint. If you want to be pickier, the cloth interior that came with this model sucks stuff to it, like bits of fiber from your clothes, so it is slightly difficult to keep the seats clean and fresh looking. So in that case, I might suggest a better cloth material.

Better then the Elantra
By lysandra25

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

If this helps in anyway, i had a new 2012 elantra which needless to say sucked. Yea all it has on this car is probably fuel economy and modern interior, but corolla hands down beats the elantra bc of the QUALITY. Toyotas are way more dependable and this car is sturdy and i love it. My old car for a brand new car actually had loose wire issues so i brought it to the dealer 4 times for numerous issues. ( getting stuck in park/ drive). Suspension sucks as well, car slips alot. Can barely go over 60 on the highway over few bumps with out noticing slips . So to me corolla s is AWESOME! No slips..great suspension, very comfortable to me and i dont have to worry which is the best peace of mind :)

Suggested Improvements

maybe a more modern interior? but all in all its basic and that's really all you need.

Great car, GREAT gas mileage...
By sliverit

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving a GMC Sierra as of late, and getting 13-15 mpg, so I really needed something for my drive. I bought the 2013 Corolla S to commute across Phoenix. It drives really nicely. Tight, responsive steering, excellent braking, good acceleration (especially considering it's a 1.8!) and a good looking car. I'm 6'2" and the interior is a little tight for me, but it's not too bad. I just drove to Idaho and back for a funeral, and I averaged 34 mpg. Long hours in the car aren't super comfortable, but overall, for the money, it's a great, zippy little car that gets excellent gas mileage and is pretty fun to drive. AND it's a Toyota, so it's gonna last! I would highly recommend one!

Favorite Features

Touchscreen, rims (not hubcaps), spoiler, decent speakers, large trunk bright headlights, Bluetooth phone and music! That is awesome! Also lots of glove box storage. USB is nice too.

Suggested Improvements

Auto-Headlights...seriously...I can't believe that a 2013, I still have to switch the headlights on and off. What the heck? No light sensor? That is just silly. Also, you need more than one 12-volt port. I have a cell phone charger and a GPS, so I can't have them both plugged in at the same time...Dumb... Needs a backup camera. There is a touch screen, so where's the backup camera? Also needs a trip computer. The touch screen is kind of a waste for just the stereo and the phone.