Used 2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Weak horsepower
By rfbry

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my daughter's 16th birthday so that she could take it to college when she is 18 and it is perfect for her. No problems at all. With that being said, my 2005 Sienna was in the shop recently and I had to put my family of 5 in it to go around town in. That put approximately 700 lbs of weight in the car. This car was very sluggish with this much weight in it. It had absolutely no get up and go to it. It is not a family car. My husband who is 5'10" had a really hard time fitting in the car and was very uncomfortable in it. This car is only good for one or two people and that is it.

Favorite Features

Reliability, gas mileage and style.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower and maybe a little bit more door space for people to get in and out of. My husband has to scrunch up to get into the car and is always hitting his head.

car making noise
By miranda5

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2013 toyota corolla LE last July. I've had two big problems so far. 1) screeching noise when cold start ( it has been going on for the whole winter) 2) starts from last month ( my car has 3500 miles so far), there has been whistling noise come from the front of my car when I speed up ( with the window open, I can hear very clearly. When the window is closed, I can barely hear it). The noise is really annoying......it makes me so worried...I'm so scared by car problems.... The reason I bought a new car is because I don't want to have car problem any more...but look at this........... Does anyone has the same car problems as I do?

Corolla LE plus Power Windows don't work in cold weather
By elliot732

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the 2014 Corolla LE plus for less than two weeks. During that time, anytime the temperature drops below 20 degrees F, the front windows won't come down (open) I took it in for service, but everyone in the dealership I spoke with swore up and down that the same happens in cold weather to their front windows, too. I lodged a complaint with Toyota corporate, but they say they can't do anything about it now.

Suggested Improvements

Install remote starter as basic for all cars that have this problem. Don't mess with the customer!

Great car, GREAT gas mileage...
By sliverit

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving a GMC Sierra as of late, and getting 13-15 mpg, so I really needed something for my drive. I bought the 2013 Corolla S to commute across Phoenix. It drives really nicely. Tight, responsive steering, excellent braking, good acceleration (especially considering it's a 1.8!) and a good looking car. I'm 6'2" and the interior is a little tight for me, but it's not too bad. I just drove to Idaho and back for a funeral, and I averaged 34 mpg. Long hours in the car aren't super comfortable, but overall, for the money, it's a great, zippy little car that gets excellent gas mileage and is pretty fun to drive. AND it's a Toyota, so it's gonna last! I would highly recommend one!

Favorite Features

Touchscreen, rims (not hubcaps), spoiler, decent speakers, large trunk bright headlights, Bluetooth phone and music! That is awesome! Also lots of glove box storage. USB is nice too.

Suggested Improvements

Auto-Headlights...seriously...I can't believe that a 2013, I still have to switch the headlights on and off. What the heck? No light sensor? That is just silly. Also, you need more than one 12-volt port. I have a cell phone charger and a GPS, so I can't have them both plugged in at the same time...Dumb... Needs a backup camera. There is a touch screen, so where's the backup camera? Also needs a trip computer. The touch screen is kind of a waste for just the stereo and the phone.

I love my Javier! ;)
By mrsneal

2013 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Corolla! I loved the warranty options offered by ToyotaCare, and I generally couldn't be happier with my dealership and that entire process. There are very few negative things I can even say about this car. The gas mileage is great, I average 32.2 around town! When it comes down to it, he's not a luxury sedan, and there aren't umpteen million bells and whistles, but he's fun, sporty, and an all around an awesome car if you're not a nit-picker. More electronic garbage is more to possibly malfunction, I don't need it. (Even saying this, my '92 Celica's electronics all function perfectly, so I really wasn't concerned in Toyota's functionality, other brand owners, beware!)

Favorite Features

I love the option for 5-speed manual I learned on a manual transmission, and after driving the 4 speed auto, the difference in feel was a no-brainer. It's so fun to drive! Another stipulation I had was the sunroof, check. :) The Bluetooth features are perfect for a manual driver, like myself, no contortion acts when you need to shift, and although some people dislike it, disabling contacts while driving was a smart decision on Toyotas part! The handy storage compartments are great. Being able to turn traction-control off is great in PA winters for weather-savvy drivers, and this little bugger is surprisingly awesome in the snow, even without winter treads! Big thumbs up over all for sure!

Suggested Improvements

Although I realize the Corolla is a compact sedan, a slight improvement on the amount of power in the lower RPMs would make for perfection! You have to make the ol' tach climb up around 4k before you get what you're looking for in some cases. Also, even though I automatically turn them off from my previous (and still owned) Toyota car (92 Celica) and the jeep I traded in, automatic headlights would be handy. I also think a more monotone color scheme on interior panels would look nicer than the multiple grays and black. My only ACTUAL gripe is that the US doesn't offer a hatchback like offered overseas!! :) they are sweet looking little machines and I'd have purchased one in a heartbeat!