Used 2013 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Just what I needed
By cwbarrett

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just leased a 2013 S mainly for my son. He loves the car. Sunroof. Rides well. Quiet. Enough power with the manual. He's 6'4" and fits fine. Edmunds recommends considering other cars but the ones they recommend don't inspire confidence. The difference between the editors and me is that they get to give theirs back after 2 weeks. I noticed the negative user comments on the Corolla are around style and a little under powered. I noticed the negative comments on the suggested alternatives are mechanical, like transmissions grinding and steering columns shaking. I guess I'd rather have a "disconnected driving experience" than a disconnnected wallet experience.

Quiet solid ride. Sunroof. Keeps the tech simple and usable. Hopefully reliability

A little more horsepower.

Best car ever
By cwgators

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Well I must say its my first new car purchase. I wanted a Honda but couldn't afford one that I like so I looked at this car and fell in love. The radio is awesome and I can ride comfortably. (I'm 6'2") I love the interior and its so smooth. Very quiet ride and gets me so far on a tank. I average 30 mpg in city driving. I used to own a 1997 4runner that got only 19!!

Wow
By dman777

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2013 Corolla S loaded. I am still in the high from it. I can tell you that thing is nice! It's not a boring ride at all. I have plenty of power for traffic maneuvering. I love how it has a luxury ride feel and how spaciousness the cabin is. I think it looks very cool and hip...especially at night. Not plain like some others say. This thing is sharp on the outside also...very sporty. I really made a wise decision buying this. Not only is it cool and stylish, but it will last many years to come thanks to Toyota's quality. I wish I had a garage to preserve it.

Spacious cabin while still sporty. The stereo system. The feel. Honestly, there isn't anything I don't like about this car....except for the left foot rest. I could do without that. I'm going to have them remove it.

No left foot rest.

Toyota corolla... Do you have to say anything else?
By gdogpile

2013 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Do careful research and test driving and there really is only one option and no competitors. You simply cant find a car with the size comfort quietness and safety. Plus fuel economy is the same as the yaris and the echo before it except in town. Reliability... It's a toyota. Just change the oil and it will keep running forever. We live in our car and put about 800 km on it every week. I upgraded for the 2008 Yaris. It makes sense they dropped the Yaris sedan, for just a bit more you get a car you could live in with the same gas milage. Yaris had legendary dependably but it was a point A to B kinda car. To spend money on any other compact would be a a choice that is not based on facts.

Audio capabilities are modern and awesome. C.D have gone the way of the Dodo, Bluetooth phone and audio is awesome. Barely any road noise. Not a bumpy jumpy ride. Smooth and enjoyable. All seating is spacious and the neck rest won't break you're neck. Awesome telescopic steering wheel. Moonroof was a nice surprise. Opens all the way up. Everything is Solid and durable feeling. Today I fit 3 big water cooler jugs plus 3 large bags of laundry and detergent in the trunk plus a mini snow shovel and a small box of cleaning supplies. Still had room left over. Unless you need and big car why bother.

Can't think anything. I mean: its a corolla. Don't fix something that isn't broke. You could make it taller for tall people but the. It wouldn't be so sleek.

Corolla Type S 2013 - Automatic
By fionn

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased this new 2013 model of the Corolla Type S 2013 this week for her birthday and to get rid of her old Saturn. We were not considering the Corolla because in the previous years model we did not like driving this car and felt the interior was too plain. Although there are similarities between the 2012 and 2013 model, some of the improvements were the touch screen digital display in the center of the dash. It allows me to touch navigate through my music and between my artillery devices like my iPhone. The bluetooth pairing was simple. Driving was fun, comfortable, and felt solid. The steering is loose but easy to navigate. The ride is very comfortable.

The exterior of the Type S reminds me of a Camry. I felt like I was driving a higher end car just by the outer exterior design. I really enjoy the luggage space and the interior room for guests in the back seat. I also love the new touch screen display. We did not purchase the model with navigation but the normal model came with a nice large display that was touch screen that allowed us to navigate through music very easily.

My only suggested improvements. Increase the HP of the car. I feel sometimes when I put my foot down to accelerate that the car needs a little more pep. My only other suggestion is that during the day if you have tint on your windows like I do.. that the car's speedometer dash needs to have the ability to light up without turning on the head lights or atleast make it brighter to see. I found it hard to see what speed I was going during the day because the speedometer was so dark.