2013 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Wow
By dman777 on 12/27/12 19:06 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2013 Corolla S loaded. I am still in the high from it. I can tell you that thing is nice! It's not a boring ride at all. I have plenty of power for traffic maneuvering. I love how it has a luxury ride feel and how spaciousness the cabin is. I think it looks very cool and hip...especially at night. Not plain like some others say. This thing is sharp on the outside also...very sporty. I really made a wise decision buying this. Not only is it cool and stylish, but it will last many years to come thanks to Toyota's quality. I wish I had a garage to preserve it.

Best car ever
By cwgators on 02/04/13 00:15 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Well I must say its my first new car purchase. I wanted a Honda but couldn't afford one that I like so I looked at this car and fell in love. The radio is awesome and I can ride comfortably. (I'm 6'2") I love the interior and its so smooth. Very quiet ride and gets me so far on a tank. I average 30 mpg in city driving. I used to own a 1997 4runner that got only 19!!

Just what I needed
By cwbarrett on 05/28/13 10:54 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just leased a 2013 S mainly for my son. He loves the car. Sunroof. Rides well. Quiet. Enough power with the manual. He's 6'4" and fits fine. Edmunds recommends considering other cars but the ones they recommend don't inspire confidence. The difference between the editors and me is that they get to give theirs back after 2 weeks. I noticed the negative user comments on the Corolla are around style and a little under powered. I noticed the negative comments on the suggested alternatives are mechanical, like transmissions grinding and steering columns shaking. I guess I'd rather have a "disconnected driving experience" than a disconnnected wallet experience.

Toyota corolla... Do you have to say anything else?
By gdogpile on 03/21/13 14:41 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Do careful research and test driving and there really is only one option and no competitors. You simply cant find a car with the size comfort quietness and safety. Plus fuel economy is the same as the yaris and the echo before it except in town. Reliability... It's a toyota. Just change the oil and it will keep running forever. We live in our car and put about 800 km on it every week. I upgraded for the 2008 Yaris. It makes sense they dropped the Yaris sedan, for just a bit more you get a car you could live in with the same gas milage. Yaris had legendary dependably but it was a point A to B kinda car. To spend money on any other compact would be a a choice that is not based on facts.

Corolla Type S 2013 - Automatic
By fionn on 09/16/12 03:10 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased this new 2013 model of the Corolla Type S 2013 this week for her birthday and to get rid of her old Saturn. We were not considering the Corolla because in the previous years model we did not like driving this car and felt the interior was too plain. Although there are similarities between the 2012 and 2013 model, some of the improvements were the touch screen digital display in the center of the dash. It allows me to touch navigate through my music and between my artillery devices like my iPhone. The bluetooth pairing was simple. Driving was fun, comfortable, and felt solid. The steering is loose but easy to navigate. The ride is very comfortable.

Classy Ride
By gigit on 03/16/13 09:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 2011 Mazda 3, and my husband leased a 2010 4 door Yaris Sedan. We traded in the Yaris for a new lease on a Corolla. My husband now drives the 3 because it's financed and not leased as he puts a ton of miles on, and because my work commute is shorter I got the Corolla. My model has a moon roof, wood trimmed interior, heated seats, and other bells & whistles. Everyone says how much better the 3 performs, but I disagree, it's only a slight difference. I LOVED my 3, but I also love my Corolla. I also find the two tone beige interior of the Corolla to be nicer than the all black interior of the 3. The Corolla is a classy ride - mini Camry! The Yaris was a lousy car. Drove like a tin can

traded 2009 Corolla for 2013
By dftampa on 05/20/13 11:55 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had enough issues with my 2009 Corolla to trade in for a new 2013 Corolla. So far I really enjoy driving this vehicle and cannot wait for a road trip. Compared to the 2009 version the 2013 Corolla drives like a luxury vehicle. The pep seems to match the 2009 vehicle which is not spectacular but adequate and I love some of the standard items that added to help Toyota keep up with the American car makers.

Lovely Car
By erinn06 on 09/28/12 21:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my husband and I's first new car. We absolutely love it. I have to agree and disagree with some of what Edmunds says about the car. The interior design is very nice to me. I love the touch screen music player; we listen to a lot of music and so that is important. However then again as a music person, the speakers could use just a bit more pep and refining. Also it's acceleration is a bit lacking, but over all it is a wonderful car and I do feel safe driving it with my infant daughter. We bought this car in a charcoal grey, which is also very lovely.

Better then the Elantra
By lysandra25 on 03/05/13 08:25 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

If this helps in anyway, i had a new 2012 elantra which needless to say sucked. Yea all it has on this car is probably fuel economy and modern interior, but corolla hands down beats the elantra bc of the QUALITY. Toyotas are way more dependable and this car is sturdy and i love it. My old car for a brand new car actually had loose wire issues so i brought it to the dealer 4 times for numerous issues. ( getting stuck in park/ drive). Suspension sucks as well, car slips alot. Can barely go over 60 on the highway over few bumps with out noticing slips . So to me corolla s is AWESOME! No slips..great suspension, very comfortable to me and i dont have to worry which is the best peace of mind :)

Great car, GREAT gas mileage...
By sliverit on 03/03/14 09:46 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving a GMC Sierra as of late, and getting 13-15 mpg, so I really needed something for my drive. I bought the 2013 Corolla S to commute across Phoenix. It drives really nicely. Tight, responsive steering, excellent braking, good acceleration (especially considering it's a 1.8!) and a good looking car. I'm 6'2" and the interior is a little tight for me, but it's not too bad. I just drove to Idaho and back for a funeral, and I averaged 34 mpg. Long hours in the car aren't super comfortable, but overall, for the money, it's a great, zippy little car that gets excellent gas mileage and is pretty fun to drive. AND it's a Toyota, so it's gonna last! I would highly recommend one!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Corolla in VA is:

$155 per month*