2012 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Average

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Review

Average
By paracelsus on

2012 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The car replaced my 25 year old car that was starting to have some expensive issues. I got a really good deal on a lease for this car, but I have found myself wishing for my older car back. The quality of this car is inferior to my older car. I ended up with an all grey car as every other option I asked for was 'not available'. It's appearance is average. There is velcro visible on either side of the dashboard. The doors are block with styrofoam painted black. You can not only hear the road as clear as day, but you can feel every bump. I am also very disappointed in the gas mileage. It is not a great improvement over my older car. The check up was a quick thing and they didn't replace the dollar store windshield wipers that came with the car. Can't really recommend it.

Update
I ended up turning this car in at the end of the three year lease and getting an SUV from Chevrolet. I did not have any real issues with the car failing during the three years I drove it, but I also put only about 10,000 miles on it. Road noise was bad and gas mileage remained below par. The trunk was very limiting and retrieving anything from under or beside the seats was near impossible. For the price I got, it was a great deal, but we always ended up taking someone else's car as no one really wanted to ride in the Corolla. It was low to the ground and you had to duck to get into it or you would hit your head. I did seek out a new lease on a larger Toyota so I could fit all my nieces and nephews in it, but the prices are quite high for a stripped down model and when asked about coming down in price, Toyota told me how horrible the Chevy is and how unhappy I would be and that I should have accepted their first offer of $100 more than I ended up paying for my current car. Actually argued with me. I left and won't be getting another Toyota.

The major difference I noticed was that when I went in to Toyota for service, they just took my car and handed me a print off of stuff as I left. No one explained what they did or if there were any issues. They were confused when I asked and hurried me out each time. With my current car, they service it and explain exactly what they did and why and answer any questions I have.

If you are looking for a very basic car made from cheap materials, then this is your car. It works great as a commute car. If you can get it cheaply enough, it should do the job.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review