I LOVE My Corolla!
By wolf_buck on
2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
For someone on a budget that wanted a "new" car, the Corolla fit the bill perfectly. The cost of ownership is extremely low. Almost zero maintenance required throughout its life. The interior is relatively spacious for such a small car. I don't find anything to feel "cheap" though almost everything is plastic. My interior is black so maybe that helps make it look more classy. The ride quality is superb. The cabin is QUIET and the car soaks up most large bumps. Mine is a 5-speed so maybe that helps with the fun factor. I also have the S model (black exterior) which really improves the car's appearance. I'm VERY happy with my purchase! Don't let these bad reviews put you off!!
Favorite Features
Some nice features include bluetooth connectivity and steering wheel controls for the radio. Plus you have the option of using a USB drive to play music. Excellent! Another thing I really love about the car is the fact that the gauges are electroluminescent instead of using bulbs that eventually burn out. The A/C in this car also is ICE cold. I was shivering a bit after driving for 20 minutes in 95 degree weather...in a BLACK CAR. That should tell you how well the interior is sealed up.
Suggested Improvements
There are a few minor things that aggravate me about this car. One of which is the fact that sunglasses compartment is TOO SHALLOW for most normal sized sunglasses. Seriously Toyota? So simple yet such an annoyance. The other is that the car seems to have some kind of problem with interference when trying to use the key fob(s). Sometimes I can lock the doors from half a mile away (exaggeration), other times it won't work till I'm right up on the darn thing. Very annoying and even after replacing the battery in the fob it still hasn't gone to what I would consider "normal." In fact, it had zero effect.