6500 mile 7 month old corolla made me stranded on the HWY
By texaslover on
2012 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I can't believe this. I have been royal toyota customer, I always trusted toyota's reliability until now. I have 1999 toyota sienna and I had 94 corolla and those cars have been wonderful even though they are old and high mileage on them. So I purchased another corolla. Yesterday, I went to another city (about 80 miles away from my home town) and this 7 month old 6500 miles corolla just quit on the express way. Check engine and trac off light on and no response from gas pedal. I was almost killed by other car. I had to tow 80 miles. And this morning toyota care towing car came and made big mess on my interior with lots of dirty oil mark all over the door. Big disappointment!
Favorite Features
MPG
Suggested Improvements
Go back to old Toyota. Now, you are making car too cheap. You are no longer old toyota which meant reliability. This is my first NEW car purchase and you made me disappointed big time. My next car will NOT be toyota for sure. You just lost 1 of very royal customer. And you better teach toyota care towing driver better. They don't care about customer. I have been absolutely careful to keep interior clean, and now he totally ruined.
By texaslover
on 06/13/13 10:34 AM (PDT)

Toyota Mechanic told me that my ECU is shot. I don't understand how brand new car's ECU can go wrong this early. And I found out that toyotacare towing driver made big scratch on both of my rear wheel covers. I absolutely tried to keep my car clean and scratch free, and he ruined totally. What kind of care is this, Toyotacare, you care for what?

By mcdawgg
on 07/26/13 18:44 PM (PDT)

You need to take up your beef with the towing company, not Toyota - not their fault. Now, the ECU, things happen, even to Toyotas, but your warranty covered it. This is VERY unusal.