Used 2012 Toyota Corolla LE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great car that's reliable and economic
By Joseph Thomas

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle from a dealership in Colorado Springs a month ago and have already driven it over 2,000 miles. The interior is by no means luxurious, the electronics are simple, and the acceleration is about the same level as a Prius. Non of these things matter to me as I was looking for a dependable, economic and basically a car to get you from A to B. In this sense this car is about as good as it gets.
The driving I do is probably tougher then most Americans as I live in the mountains of Colorado and frequently travel up to 12,000 feet and then back down to 7,000 feet in a matter of a few miles, along with constant hills to climb. Despite this I have averaged 34 total mpg. I have even driven from Denver to Moab and back multiple times since owning this vehicle and it drives great.
Great car for a reliable A to B ride.

First and Last Toyota
By n_hastings

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We have owned our 2012 Toyota for about 4 months and it has 50k miles on it. The rear speakers are blown out; the windshield exploded from the inside without any impact and the dealership is refusing to reimburse us for a new windshield; when you turn the temperature control to "0," the fan never completely stops blowing air; something on the passenger side clunks when you hit your breaks and turn left; the windshield wipers were not properly designed to fit the windshield, therefore you can never see out the windshield; the windshield fogs up EXTREMELY BAD and because the windshield wipers don't touch the window, you literally cannot see anything until after the morning fog has lifted.

None. It gets pretty good gas mileage (30-34), but compared the all of the flaws, this is insignificant.

Windshield needs to be redesigned so that it does not fog so bad, the windshield wipers can do their job properly, and it does not explode and completely crack while driving down the road.

Average
By paracelsus

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The car replaced my 25 year old car that was starting to have some expensive issues. I got a really good deal on a lease for this car, but I have found myself wishing for my older car back. the quality of this car is inferior to my older car. It's appearance is average. There is velcro visible on either side of the dashboard. The doors are block with styrofoam painted black. You can not only hear the road as clear as day, but you can feel every bump. I am also very disappointed in the gas mileage. It is not a great improvement over my older car. The check up was a quick thing and they didn't replace the dollar store windshield wipers that came with the car. Can't really recommend it.

I like the usb interface for the radio.

Better quality. Better sound proofing. Improve gas mileage. Check wipers and maybe throw in a car wash like Nissan when the car comes in for a check up.

That affordable car everyone buys
By cappecan

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2012 Corolla LE brand new off the lot with 30 miles on it. I have owned it six months, and have put 5,000 miles on it, and have encountered zero problems. It has done what it was intended and built to do, and that's safely transport me from point A to point B. These Corolla's are designed to go for a long time, and present safety and superb reliability. And that's exactly what a Corolla does. They aren't comparable to their "sister car" the Camry in any way because they don't have any of the luxurious qualities a Camry does. I think that's why they are reasonably priced. As far as safety is concerned, a Toyota will always be one of the safest vehicles on the road.

The only major thing I like on my Corolla is my bluetooth feature. I can play music, and talk all through my speakers. It's easy to operate provided you know how to work the system. Visibility in the whole car is very good from front to back. The trunk release button is nice, but the trunk doesn't fully open especially in cold weather. The seal will stick. Braking is excellent, and VDC (vehicle dynamic control) has saved me from hydroplaning. The trunk is pretty big, and offers lots of space. The back seat is average in leg room. Lots of storage everywhere! Pretty smooth for a car of it's class. Accelerating is so so. What do you expect for a 4 cylinder car? MPG--not as good as I expected.

What I don't like is that you have to scroll through your phone book to make a call via the radio dials. This is a major safety issue if you ask me. You aren't supposed to look down for bluetooth. Another thing Toyota could offer is fog lights. The black cover inserts are just ugly, and don't look good. They don't offer on any models, and only comes on the S and certain LE models. I had to install fog lights myself. Another nice feature could be AWD. Let me say installing tire chains on this car was next to impossible. The tires are too close to the frame, body, everything. This whole un-intended acceleration is total garbage. I don't believe any of it, and Toyota has had to issue recalls.

Worst car to drive in my life
By adriva01

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The design isn't my favorite. I guess the Toyota designers are the first to built the very first ugliest car in the world. I hope the reliability remains the same as in the past. But comparing my former Corolla '96 to the 2012...I can say the old one was much more better. I regret to not taking the time to repair my old Toyota (very friendly drive and also much more confortable) and getting the newest (awfull) version.

Nothing positive at the moment. Still too new (already 4000 miles) to be able to say something about raliability.

The steereing wheel should be ameliorate. Driving a very long distance is actualy impossible. You get tired after les than one hour drive. Impossible to use the commands for the radio at the steering wheel, without looking at it. More space for the driver legs is needed. Even the upper room on at the door is awfull. Just look to any Corolla before 2000, and you'll see, that the room was much more elaborate than the new 2012.