2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
First and Last Toyota
By n_hastings on 10/03/14 12:47 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We have owned our 2012 Toyota for about 4 months and it has 50k miles on it. The rear speakers are blown out; the windshield exploded from the inside without any impact and the dealership is refusing to reimburse us for a new windshield; when you turn the temperature control to "0," the fan never completely stops blowing air; something on the passenger side clunks when you hit your breaks and turn left; the windshield wipers were not properly designed to fit the windshield, therefore you can never see out the windshield; the windshield fogs up EXTREMELY BAD and because the windshield wipers don't touch the window, you literally cannot see anything until after the morning fog has lifted.

Great Little Car
By david1961 on 08/14/14 22:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased a certified pre-owned 2012 Toyota Corolla S with 30k miles on it. The exterior is very sporty and sexy and the seating is extremely comfy even for myself who has a bad back. The lumbar support is awesome. The ride is smooth and the electric steering needs a little getting used to but it turns well and has a tight turn radius. The transmission shifts smoothly and quietly. It only has 132 HP but it suits us fine for just driving around town and back and forth to work and I average 33.6 MPG with the 4 speed automatic transmission.

I LOVE My Corolla!
By wolf_buck on 09/17/13 22:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

For someone on a budget that wanted a "new" car, the Corolla fit the bill perfectly. The cost of ownership is extremely low. Almost zero maintenance required throughout its life. The interior is relatively spacious for such a small car. I don't find anything to feel "cheap" though almost everything is plastic. My interior is black so maybe that helps make it look more classy. The ride quality is superb. The cabin is QUIET and the car soaks up most large bumps. Mine is a 5-speed so maybe that helps with the fun factor. I also have the S model (black exterior) which really improves the car's appearance. I'm VERY happy with my purchase! Don't let these bad reviews put you off!!

Good on gas, horrible build quality.
By thedriver93 on 08/04/13 05:39 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car to get out of my gas guzzler of an SUV in a highlander. I was happy when I bought it but my tires and rims were stolen 3 days later and that just ruined my whole experience with this car. It's great on gas, $30 bucks gets you a full tank and over 350 miles in range. This is an point A to point B car, no more. This car gets no turning heads, jealous looks, except maybe from gas guzzling truck and SUV owners, but that's it. This start to fall apart with the cheap plastics and I had to snap them back into place every single time I got into this car, horrible build quality. Seats were really comfortable for cloth seats.

Average
By paracelsus on 07/26/13 23:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The car replaced my 25 year old car that was starting to have some expensive issues. I got a really good deal on a lease for this car, but I have found myself wishing for my older car back. the quality of this car is inferior to my older car. It's appearance is average. There is velcro visible on either side of the dashboard. The doors are block with styrofoam painted black. You can not only hear the road as clear as day, but you can feel every bump. I am also very disappointed in the gas mileage. It is not a great improvement over my older car. The check up was a quick thing and they didn't replace the dollar store windshield wipers that came with the car. Can't really recommend it.

6500 mile 7 month old corolla made me stranded on the HWY
By texaslover on 06/12/13 09:30 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I can't believe this. I have been royal toyota customer, I always trusted toyota's reliability until now. I have 1999 toyota sienna and I had 94 corolla and those cars have been wonderful even though they are old and high mileage on them. So I purchased another corolla. Yesterday, I went to another city (about 80 miles away from my home town) and this 7 month old 6500 miles corolla just quit on the express way. Check engine and trac off light on and no response from gas pedal. I was almost killed by other car. I had to tow 80 miles. And this morning toyota care towing car came and made big mess on my interior with lots of dirty oil mark all over the door. Big disappointment!

20 K in 8 mos
By 12db on 03/22/13 12:32 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Test drove the Elantra, Mazda 3, Sonata, Fusion, and the Mazda 6 before going Corolla again. Eight months old and just hit 20K on the odometer for my '12 base model. The car has zero issues, and is a great commuter with occasional long trips. My other Corolla is a '03. As it should be the '12 is noticeably quieter, comes with ESC and ABS not on the '03. Its basically same engine, but '12 seems tuned for more power -- as the '03 would have noticeable power drop when using AC. Even with more power, regularly getting 33 to 35 average MPG on each tank full on the 2012.

That affordable car everyone buys
By cappecan on 01/06/13 00:46 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2012 Corolla LE brand new off the lot with 30 miles on it. I have owned it six months, and have put 5,000 miles on it, and have encountered zero problems. It has done what it was intended and built to do, and that's safely transport me from point A to point B. These Corolla's are designed to go for a long time, and present safety and superb reliability. And that's exactly what a Corolla does. They aren't comparable to their "sister car" the Camry in any way because they don't have any of the luxurious qualities a Camry does. I think that's why they are reasonably priced. As far as safety is concerned, a Toyota will always be one of the safest vehicles on the road.

Worst car to drive in my life
By adriva01 on 01/03/13 09:30 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The design isn't my favorite. I guess the Toyota designers are the first to built the very first ugliest car in the world. I hope the reliability remains the same as in the past. But comparing my former Corolla '96 to the 2012...I can say the old one was much more better. I regret to not taking the time to repair my old Toyota (very friendly drive and also much more confortable) and getting the newest (awfull) version.

2012 corolla best deal around!
By mcblowme on 11/08/12 18:07 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this corolla for 0 percent financing for 5 yrs! Plus edmunds.com gave me a $750 check for buying this on top of any and all deals!!! out the door for @$14k with auto and air/ pw/locks/cd,ect...Now I got 7000 miles on it and get 33.4 mpg ave. I drive 80 miles a day up a mountain road and this car flys. I put aftermarket wheels and tires on it and that really improved the handling. Go up to 225/16/65 size and it really makes difference. Engine is smooth, car is a delight, nice and quiet, but will scoot is you rev up to 4 grand.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan in VA is:

$154 per month*