Used 2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

2012 Toyota Corolla - Great Car!
By bawh6vn

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I can't believe how great this car drove! It's very sporty and had lot's of leg room. I was pleasantly surprised about how loaded this car was at such a low price! Thanks to Autofair Nissan of Tewksbury, I'm now driving my 2012 Toyota Corolla S :)

First and Last Toyota
By n_hastings

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We have owned our 2012 Toyota for about 4 months and it has 50k miles on it. The rear speakers are blown out; the windshield exploded from the inside without any impact and the dealership is refusing to reimburse us for a new windshield; when you turn the temperature control to "0," the fan never completely stops blowing air; something on the passenger side clunks when you hit your breaks and turn left; the windshield wipers were not properly designed to fit the windshield, therefore you can never see out the windshield; the windshield fogs up EXTREMELY BAD and because the windshield wipers don't touch the window, you literally cannot see anything until after the morning fog has lifted.

Favorite Features

None. It gets pretty good gas mileage (30-34), but compared the all of the flaws, this is insignificant.

Suggested Improvements

Windshield needs to be redesigned so that it does not fog so bad, the windshield wipers can do their job properly, and it does not explode and completely crack while driving down the road.

Great Little Car
By david1961

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased a certified pre-owned 2012 Toyota Corolla S with 30k miles on it. The exterior is very sporty and sexy and the seating is extremely comfy even for myself who has a bad back. The lumbar support is awesome. The ride is smooth and the electric steering needs a little getting used to but it turns well and has a tight turn radius. The transmission shifts smoothly and quietly. It only has 132 HP but it suits us fine for just driving around town and back and forth to work and I average 33.6 MPG with the 4 speed automatic transmission.

Favorite Features

Exterior of the car with front and rear spoilers, the moon roof, easy to read dashboard features and controls and comfortable seating. You can't beat the reliability of this vehicle either. It will also retain it's value better than the competitors in the same class.

Suggested Improvements

The Hyundai Elantra is a lot sleeker in design, slightly more power and has a 5 or 6 speed transmission. The Corolla is still using the outdated 4 speed automatic. The dashboard needs to be more modernized and if Toyota wants to stay with the competition, then they need to redesign the transmission and the dashboard.

I LOVE My Corolla!
By wolf_buck

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

For someone on a budget that wanted a "new" car, the Corolla fit the bill perfectly. The cost of ownership is extremely low. Almost zero maintenance required throughout its life. The interior is relatively spacious for such a small car. I don't find anything to feel "cheap" though almost everything is plastic. My interior is black so maybe that helps make it look more classy. The ride quality is superb. The cabin is QUIET and the car soaks up most large bumps. Mine is a 5-speed so maybe that helps with the fun factor. I also have the S model (black exterior) which really improves the car's appearance. I'm VERY happy with my purchase! Don't let these bad reviews put you off!!

Favorite Features

Some nice features include bluetooth connectivity and steering wheel controls for the radio. Plus you have the option of using a USB drive to play music. Excellent! Another thing I really love about the car is the fact that the gauges are electroluminescent instead of using bulbs that eventually burn out. The A/C in this car also is ICE cold. I was shivering a bit after driving for 20 minutes in 95 degree weather...in a BLACK CAR. That should tell you how well the interior is sealed up.

Suggested Improvements

There are a few minor things that aggravate me about this car. One of which is the fact that sunglasses compartment is TOO SHALLOW for most normal sized sunglasses. Seriously Toyota? So simple yet such an annoyance. The other is that the car seems to have some kind of problem with interference when trying to use the key fob(s). Sometimes I can lock the doors from half a mile away (exaggeration), other times it won't work till I'm right up on the darn thing. Very annoying and even after replacing the battery in the fob it still hasn't gone to what I would consider "normal." In fact, it had zero effect.

Good on gas, horrible build quality.
By thedriver93

2012 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car to get out of my gas guzzler of an SUV in a highlander. I was happy when I bought it but my tires and rims were stolen 3 days later and that just ruined my whole experience with this car. It's great on gas, $30 bucks gets you a full tank and over 350 miles in range. This is an point A to point B car, no more. This car gets no turning heads, jealous looks, except maybe from gas guzzling truck and SUV owners, but that's it. This start to fall apart with the cheap plastics and I had to snap them back into place every single time I got into this car, horrible build quality. Seats were really comfortable for cloth seats.

Favorite Features

Speaker tweeters, seats, MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality, PLEASE!