2012 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Great Little Car
By david1961 on 08/14/14 22:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased a certified pre-owned 2012 Toyota Corolla S with 30k miles on it. The exterior is very sporty and sexy and the seating is extremely comfy even for myself who has a bad back. The lumbar support is awesome. The ride is smooth and the electric steering needs a little getting used to but it turns well and has a tight turn radius. The transmission shifts smoothly and quietly. It only has 132 HP but it suits us fine for just driving around town and back and forth to work and I average 33.6 MPG with the 4 speed automatic transmission.

Good on gas, horrible build quality.
By thedriver93 on 08/04/13 05:39 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car to get out of my gas guzzler of an SUV in a highlander. I was happy when I bought it but my tires and rims were stolen 3 days later and that just ruined my whole experience with this car. It's great on gas, $30 bucks gets you a full tank and over 350 miles in range. This is an point A to point B car, no more. This car gets no turning heads, jealous looks, except maybe from gas guzzling truck and SUV owners, but that's it. This start to fall apart with the cheap plastics and I had to snap them back into place every single time I got into this car, horrible build quality. Seats were really comfortable for cloth seats.

Beautiful Simplicity!
By jacobw001 on 05/18/12 13:52 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We have long been a Ford family however our last Fusion did not meet our expectations due to a lot of mechanical issues and poor fuel economy. After test drives of the Ford Focus, Mazda 3 and Mazda 6, the Corolla was by far my favorite and has been a great car, both in performance and build quality. So far we've averaged around 33 MPG in mostly city driving conditions which helps a lot with higher fuel prices! This car looks great both inside and out and is fun to drive as well. I look forward to giving this car to my son in about six years when he gets his license!

take a look at the 2012 Corolla S
By padame on 03/30/12 19:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I did my research. I test drove several cars that I was reading rave reviews about - the Ford Focus, the Chevy Cruze, the Hyundai Elantra, the Nissan Sentra (which was worth considering, although darn it no telescoping steering wheel) and others that didn't get the rave reviews like the Honda Civic, which was overpriced I thought and not too impressive... But I LOVED the Corolla S although you pay more for the S, and then I was almost in Camry territory (and same gas mileage believe it or not) but would have wanted the SE which is @5 more Gs than mine... but look at the Corolla. I love it. And I drove them all. gas mileage is AWESOME! get the sunroof for 400 more... I just trust TOYOTA.

2012 Corolla
By black_widow on 03/22/12 16:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my corolla for a little over a week. I love it. the bluetooth feature is nice for connecting phones and ipods. the USB port is nice for charging the aforementioned electronics. The ride is fairly smooth. I'm coming from an SUV so its taking some getting used to. This is my first Toyota and I am hoping to have it for years to come. the dash is a bit dated compared to everything else that is out with that being said it isnt hard to use. It isnt over done with buttons. the interior on the sport is beautiful ( if you like black interior which i love)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Corolla in VA is:

$154 per month*