Used 2012 Toyota Corolla S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

2012 Toyota Corolla - Great Car!
By bawh6vn

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I can't believe how great this car drove! It's very sporty and had lot's of leg room. I was pleasantly surprised about how loaded this car was at such a low price! Thanks to Autofair Nissan of Tewksbury, I'm now driving my 2012 Toyota Corolla S :)

Great Little Car
By david1961

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased a certified pre-owned 2012 Toyota Corolla S with 30k miles on it. The exterior is very sporty and sexy and the seating is extremely comfy even for myself who has a bad back. The lumbar support is awesome. The ride is smooth and the electric steering needs a little getting used to but it turns well and has a tight turn radius. The transmission shifts smoothly and quietly. It only has 132 HP but it suits us fine for just driving around town and back and forth to work and I average 33.6 MPG with the 4 speed automatic transmission.

Favorite Features

Exterior of the car with front and rear spoilers, the moon roof, easy to read dashboard features and controls and comfortable seating. You can't beat the reliability of this vehicle either. It will also retain it's value better than the competitors in the same class.

Suggested Improvements

The Hyundai Elantra is a lot sleeker in design, slightly more power and has a 5 or 6 speed transmission. The Corolla is still using the outdated 4 speed automatic. The dashboard needs to be more modernized and if Toyota wants to stay with the competition, then they need to redesign the transmission and the dashboard.

Good on gas, horrible build quality.
By thedriver93

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car to get out of my gas guzzler of an SUV in a highlander. I was happy when I bought it but my tires and rims were stolen 3 days later and that just ruined my whole experience with this car. It's great on gas, $30 bucks gets you a full tank and over 350 miles in range. This is an point A to point B car, no more. This car gets no turning heads, jealous looks, except maybe from gas guzzling truck and SUV owners, but that's it. This start to fall apart with the cheap plastics and I had to snap them back into place every single time I got into this car, horrible build quality. Seats were really comfortable for cloth seats.

Favorite Features

Speaker tweeters, seats, MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality, PLEASE!

Beautiful Simplicity!
By jacobw001

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We have long been a Ford family however our last Fusion did not meet our expectations due to a lot of mechanical issues and poor fuel economy. After test drives of the Ford Focus, Mazda 3 and Mazda 6, the Corolla was by far my favorite and has been a great car, both in performance and build quality. So far we've averaged around 33 MPG in mostly city driving conditions which helps a lot with higher fuel prices! This car looks great both inside and out and is fun to drive as well. I look forward to giving this car to my son in about six years when he gets his license!

Favorite Features

Fuel Efficiency Comfortable Seats Spacious Cabin Smooth Quiet Ride

Suggested Improvements

None

take a look at the 2012 Corolla S
By padame

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I did my research. I test drove several cars that I was reading rave reviews about - the Ford Focus, the Chevy Cruze, the Hyundai Elantra, the Nissan Sentra (which was worth considering, although darn it no telescoping steering wheel) and others that didn't get the rave reviews like the Honda Civic, which was overpriced I thought and not too impressive... But I LOVED the Corolla S although you pay more for the S, and then I was almost in Camry territory (and same gas mileage believe it or not) but would have wanted the SE which is @5 more Gs than mine... but look at the Corolla. I love it. And I drove them all. gas mileage is AWESOME! get the sunroof for 400 more... I just trust TOYOTA.

Favorite Features

gas mileage black interior sunroof cigarette port for my garman, USB port for my cell phone charger, and ipod round hole for my pod cable (sorry I'm no techie) so I can run all three at the same time (: I tested all the stereos and the small sedan class competitors, and the S has a good one; and I like it the display tells you who is singing what song on the radio great lighting for night driving Toyota lifetime warranty for powertrain, which I learned is the ENGINE and TRANSMISSION.... shout out for that, for the original owner.... so do consider if you are going to own your car for a long time... Nissan also has this. First two years free maintenance. loads of safety features and awards

Suggested Improvements

does it have lower lumbar support? I don't think it does.... that's the only thing I can think of suggesting. Although don't get me wrong, it is comfortable.... I got spoiled in my previous Acura.