Used 2012 Toyota Corolla S Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

TYPE S AND LOVING IT.
By Roger Bear

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Toyota product and I love it. My fuel economy, sleek design , and spoiler , and blutooth tech are amazing. Funny story my girlfriend also has a type s a year newer than mine and she also loves it. We live in the city a mile apart from each other and we both love the car. We both plan on keep our type S's for a long time. You can't go wrong with a car like this.

2012 Toyota Corolla - Great Car!
By bawh6vn

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I can't believe how great this car drove! It's very sporty and had lot's of leg room. I was pleasantly surprised about how loaded this car was at such a low price! Thanks to Autofair Nissan of Tewksbury, I'm now driving my 2012 Toyota Corolla S :)

Great Little Car
By david1961

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased a certified pre-owned 2012 Toyota Corolla S with 30k miles on it.
The exterior is very sporty and sexy and the seating is extremely comfy even for myself who has a bad back.
The lumbar support is awesome.
The ride is smooth and the electric steering needs a little getting used to but it turns well and has a tight turn radius.
The transmission shifts smoothly and quietly.
It only has 132 HP but it suits us fine for just driving around town and back and forth to work and I average 33.6 MPG with the 4 speed automatic transmission.

Exterior of the car with front and rear spoilers, the moon roof, easy to read dashboard features and controls and comfortable seating. You can't beat the reliability of this vehicle either. It will also retain it's value better than the competitors in the same class.

The Hyundai Elantra is a lot sleeker in design, slightly more power and has a 5 or 6 speed transmission. The Corolla is still using the outdated 4 speed automatic. The dashboard needs to be more modernized and if Toyota wants to stay with the competition, then they need to redesign the transmission and the dashboard.

Good on gas, horrible build quality.
By thedriver93

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car to get out of my gas guzzler of an SUV in a highlander. I was happy when I bought it but my tires and rims were stolen 3 days later and that just ruined my whole experience with this car. It's great on gas, $30 bucks gets you a full tank and over 350 miles in range. This is an point A to point B car, no more. This car gets no turning heads, jealous looks, except maybe from gas guzzling truck and SUV owners, but that's it. This start to fall apart with the cheap plastics and I had to snap them back into place every single time I got into this car, horrible build quality. Seats were really comfortable for cloth seats.

Speaker tweeters, seats, MPG.

Better build quality, PLEASE!

Beautiful Simplicity!
By jacobw001

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We have long been a Ford family however our last Fusion did not meet our expectations due to a lot of mechanical issues and poor fuel economy.
After test drives of the Ford Focus, Mazda 3 and Mazda 6, the Corolla was by far my favorite and has been a great car, both in performance and build quality.
So far we've averaged around 33 MPG in mostly city driving conditions which helps a lot with higher fuel prices!
This car looks great both inside and out and is fun to drive as well.
I look forward to giving this car to my son in about six years when he gets his license!

Fuel Efficiency Comfortable Seats Spacious Cabin Smooth Quiet Ride