2012 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Average
By paracelsus on 07/26/13 23:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The car replaced my 25 year old car that was starting to have some expensive issues. I got a really good deal on a lease for this car, but I have found myself wishing for my older car back. the quality of this car is inferior to my older car. It's appearance is average. There is velcro visible on either side of the dashboard. The doors are block with styrofoam painted black. You can not only hear the road as clear as day, but you can feel every bump. I am also very disappointed in the gas mileage. It is not a great improvement over my older car. The check up was a quick thing and they didn't replace the dollar store windshield wipers that came with the car. Can't really recommend it.

That affordable car everyone buys
By cappecan on 01/06/13 00:46 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2012 Corolla LE brand new off the lot with 30 miles on it. I have owned it six months, and have put 5,000 miles on it, and have encountered zero problems. It has done what it was intended and built to do, and that's safely transport me from point A to point B. These Corolla's are designed to go for a long time, and present safety and superb reliability. And that's exactly what a Corolla does. They aren't comparable to their "sister car" the Camry in any way because they don't have any of the luxurious qualities a Camry does. I think that's why they are reasonably priced. As far as safety is concerned, a Toyota will always be one of the safest vehicles on the road.

Worst car to drive in my life
By adriva01 on 01/03/13 09:30 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The design isn't my favorite. I guess the Toyota designers are the first to built the very first ugliest car in the world. I hope the reliability remains the same as in the past. But comparing my former Corolla '96 to the 2012...I can say the old one was much more better. I regret to not taking the time to repair my old Toyota (very friendly drive and also much more confortable) and getting the newest (awfull) version.

ugh...
By tess19 on 11/03/12 16:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

i got this car as a gift but my dream car was the camry. i have the 2012 LE corolla but the 2012 Camry XLE was what i thought i was getting i was sadly mistaken. cons: inside is small and basic the shape is hideous there is just nothing positive about this car

nothing boring about this car
By isanlu on 10/29/12 08:27 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a new sedan as a second car to our family's minivan. I never liked the corolla before and had Jettas and Civics in the past. This time we decided to test drive every comparable model (Corolla, Jetta, Mazda 3, Sentra, Civic, Cruize, Accent and Rio). All very nice, similar prices, sizes and specs. The Corolla was the last one we tested, as soon as I got behind the wheel I felt at Home, yes maybe an outdated dashboard but after the ones from the Civic, Cruize, Mazda and Accent (they all reminded me of Video Game Consoles), this one just felt right. It is the most quite of them all on the road, simply said it is a Lexus and I am very happy. Power is excellent

2012 Corolla LE
By x76 on 08/29/12 10:25 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Surprisingly roomy little car. Nicely styled. Acceleration is adequate but certainly not sporty. This is a very nice little car that has everything you need or want and nothing you don't need.

Corolla is still a leader
By kenw7 on 06/27/12 17:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Corolla still beats the competition. Quality is superb; reliability is well documented. At 34 MPG on the road, figuring $4.25 per gallon, the loss of savings in gas compared to a 40 MPG car is $1,200 over 100,000 miles. The competition is charging thousands more than the Corolla; you will never really save money! The brakes work great, the ride is great; the performance with the automatic transmission is fully acceptable. My Ford and Chrysler cars failed me miserably. I will stay with Toyota. Join me and 100,000 miles from now you will be glad you did too. The "bells and whistles" the competition have will not be much comfort when their car breaks down. Toyota still rules.

Gas milage
By rvpilot1 on 06/27/12 09:55 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Gas milage nowhere near advertised. I started out getting 30 in town, now have about 700 miles and milage now at 24mpg. Check of highway milage only 31. also the warning buzzer is so weak I cant hear it at all if car running, barley when car shut off. Maint said there was nothing they could do about the buzzer. If milage what you are looking forget this car.

Squishy ride and horrible brakes
By xpvs on 06/18/12 13:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Although my gut told me not to buy a Toyota especially after the sticky gas pedal/brake fail issue with them I went for the Corolla because it fit my budget. Last weekend I drive it to Ohio from DC (a one way trip of 450 miles). Things started to get bad as soon as I got outside of the city. The handling of the car is foamy at best. I believe in comfort but when it comes at the expense of not having confidence that the car will make the turn at highway speed, it is not pretty. And then there were the brakes. I decended a few hills and I smelt something burning. I pulled over to check but nothing obvious. A little later the brake pedal needed to be pressed very hard to slow down.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Corolla in VA is:

$155 per month*