Used 2012 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Radio Lost Volume
By SKD

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 2012 Toyota Corolla S lost sound three weeks ago and suddenly. Noting works - radio, CD, or connecting Iphone to the system. The center console is working fine - I can navigate, change FM channels, insert disc - but there is no sound. Took it to the Toyota dealer in Boston (car is being driven in Boston since last November). I was told that that radio has to be replaced at materiel + labor cost of $700. I did ask how can it happen - answer was that it may be due to the heat. Boston has been facing temperature of 92F for the last couple of weeks. I did point out that my other cars in Atlanta - Honda Pilot and VW CC Executive have not faced the same problem though the Atlanta temperature has been 98F and above for the last months. The gentleman did not have any answer. I just walked out without committing to the repair. If that is true, then I will really urge consumers to rethink about buying Toyota Corolla. This problem is widely reported on the internet. One pays lower price compared to the Honda cars with similar engine. But, if the repair cost is going to be like this for Toyota as opposed to Honda, then it is better one buys Honda car. At least it gives you a peace of mind. One does not have to deal with this kind of repair, leave your work and take care of it

Great car
By Mike Pristas

2012 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Very reliable and great economics

TYPE S AND LOVING IT.
By Roger Bear

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Toyota product and I love it. My fuel economy, sleek design , and spoiler , and blutooth tech are amazing. Funny story my girlfriend also has a type s a year newer than mine and she also loves it. We live in the city a mile apart from each other and we both love the car. We both plan on keep our type S's for a long time. You can't go wrong with a car like this.

Great car that's reliable and economic
By Joseph Thomas

2012 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle from a dealership in Colorado Springs a month ago and have already driven it over 2,000 miles. The interior is by no means luxurious, the electronics are simple, and the acceleration is about the same level as a Prius. Non of these things matter to me as I was looking for a dependable, economic and basically a car to get you from A to B. In this sense this car is about as good as it gets.
The driving I do is probably tougher then most Americans as I live in the mountains of Colorado and frequently travel up to 12,000 feet and then back down to 7,000 feet in a matter of a few miles, along with constant hills to climb. Despite this I have averaged 34 total mpg. I have even driven from Denver to Moab and back multiple times since owning this vehicle and it drives great.
Great car for a reliable A to B ride.

2012 Toyota Corolla - Great Car!
By bawh6vn

2012 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I can't believe how great this car drove! It's very sporty and had lot's of leg room. I was pleasantly surprised about how loaded this car was at such a low price! Thanks to Autofair Nissan of Tewksbury, I'm now driving my 2012 Toyota Corolla S :)