Whats wrong with comfort
By jdchopin on
2011 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I have tested and driving and owned Honda Accords (nice car but the year I had it, they engine light for low oil didnt come on until you were already out.. hence the car burned out.. nice..) and I have owned Civics and felt like I was driving a speedy but bumpy car, and the recent Mazda 3 with the larger 2+ engine, and BOY did that have nice power and luxury items.. and I just bought a Corolla. You know why? None of those other cars, though sporty and full of styling ideas, and lots of toys, drive as nice or as quietly. And it has great safety features. That seems to be discounted too quickly for flash and speed and I got really tired of the bumpy drives of my Civic and especially my M3.
Favorite Features
Dive is quiet, the phone feature great, just enough, and not too much. All the 'tech' stuff on other cars became wasted. Even the heated seats and climate control, easier just to do it myself. Flash over ride, not for me.
Suggested Improvements
I agree that the steering drive is very soft, and not feeling tight to the road, but again, maybe thats part of a feature that as I drive I will learn to enjoy. I certainly have a much easier time ... and do we all really need to have sports car feels to tantalize our driving.. I am liking this quiet ride really a great deal. I can converse, listen to music, and not feel like I am constantly fighting the car. The pick up needs improvement on expressway but once under way, its lovely.