2011 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Very Upset

2011 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

Very Upset
By jsnsgrl98 on

2011 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the 2011 Corolla S with all the bells and whistles in March of 2011. I was satisfied with the car and was excited to have gotten my very first brand new car. Last week we discovered that there was oil all over the back of the motor. The seal on the cam plate had blown out. My husband, being very smart with cars, was very upset to find that instead of a gasket it was silicone. So either it was put together wrong, or it had already been taken apart before we got it. The dealership told us to brign it up to be fixed, so when I got there I traded it in on a new Jeep. Was not going to pay for a thrown together car. Plus I also realized I was not a car person and wanted another SUV.

Great gas mileage

Needs to be built better
By jmact
on 04/09/12 03:19 AM (PDT)

There has not been a car ever built that produces 100% perfect cars. Even the best car company will have a few new cars with immediate engine failures. Toyota has a great warranty that would pay for this repair completely. BTW, you are FAR more likely, statistically speaking, to have worse problems with the Jeep. Oh, and silicon sealant is used instead of gaskets on most if not all machined surfaces requiring a seal in all cars these days. Old fashioned, cork/composite/rubber gaskets are actually more prone to leak in many applications.