Transmission Problems
By joenenninmo on
2011 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
At a steady speed, steady rpm between 2000 and 3000, on flat surface the rpm suddenly drops 200 to 500 rpm then jumps back up to cruise. Does this every fifteen seconds or so almost all the time. Dealer service says "Oh yeah, that's what Corollas do" "There's no fix" It's VERY annoying. May have something to do with Downhill Braking assist of the electronic transmission. VERY annoying. Many other owners have reported exact same thing and Toyota doesn't appear to be doing anything about it. I would avoid Corrollas until they fix this.
Favorite Features
Suggested Improvements
Fix the transmission !
By nfinityman
on 09/23/11 07:41 AM (PDT)

Just had the computer fix applied to my car and the transmission no longer acts as though it had a mind of its own. No more spastic jumps of the rpms and no more slowing down on its own. It now acts like a normal car. Too bad Toyota never owned up to the issue. I had to take the info from the guy who posted above and then show it to the service techs.

By dchev
on 09/21/11 23:03 PM (PDT)

Toyota came up with a fix already. It is called TSB-0124-11 Go to your Toyota Dealer and they will apply this update to your transmission. Problem fixed!

By dchev
on 11/03/11 19:53 PM (PDT)

Hey Guys, just go to www.toyotanation.com, click on Toyota Corolla section and read about our car. There is lots of useful info, and it is free:) I did not have this problem on my car, but I did the update anyway. Enjoy your cars!

By joenenninmo
on 10/04/11 16:06 PM (PDT)

Thanks for the info. I hope this works. I'll let you know. I'm close to selling the damn thing, maybe I won't have to.