2011 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: The car I need - Not want

2011 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

S Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

The car I need - Not want
By papertrumpet on

2011 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Having driven a 2000 Solara for 11 years, I got this 2011 Corolla S in October 2011. I went cheap and got what I paid for. While the S is the best looking Corolla for '11 it lives up completely to the reviews of underpowered, uninspiring, unimpressive road experience. It might be solid and reliable, but I yawn all the way to work and back.

People say it looks good.

Move the clock back within view of the driver. The clock in front of the gearshift is useless if not dangerous. Who's bright idea was that anyway? How about a 5 speed auto tranny? 4-speed is a joke in today's world.
By mcdawgg
on 02/23/12 09:17 AM (PST)

I am sure they will put a 5 or 6 speed auto in the next gen Corolla. But in the meantime, the 4 speed auto is extremely reliable, and even though many people complain about it, the fuel mpg is still one of the highest. See the Consumer Reports issue - it lists the Corolla's real world mpg as one of the best in it's class! Pretty good for a "joke".