Conservative style, but still a beautiful car inside/out
By dchev on
2011 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I was pleasantly surprised when I saw redesigned 2011 Toyota Corolla S. You might think that it looks like 2009-2010 Corolla, but with small cosmetic and mechanical changes they did on 2011 model, the car looks very refined. Interior is simple and elegant, with comfortable seats. Also, Blue-tooth radio works very well. Driving 70/30 city/highway gives me 30-32MPG with A/C running all the time. Overall, this a great ride!
Favorite Features
Simple, conservative, but elegant styling! Blue-tooth satelite radio! Ride and durability.
Suggested Improvements
The car has too much plastics, which I do not mind; however, all other competitors have much less plastics in its interiors. Auto head lights are not available for 2011, but for previous years I believe they are available. How come Toyota? It usually happens in the opposite way! Very unwise! Transmission is 4 speed auto. There is a 7 speed CVT transmission in Asia on the same car; however, we do not get it in USA. Any ideas why? I do not mind to pay extra for this option! If 2011 Toyota Corolla has 7speed auto (CVT) and independent suspension, along with rear disk brakes, it will be the best compact car in USA. Just suggestions Toyota, Just suggestions!
By flbntz
on 12/30/11 03:50 AM (PST)

I have a Camry, and think conservative, but elegant styling also describes it. I'm new to Toyota, but am learning to appreciate them. Had a 96 Civic I put 273,000 miles on, and liked it, but, comparing now to Toyota, it had problems that I just don't have with my Toyota. No problems whatsoever with it. Honda was more engaging to drive, was actually on site to check consumer experience with new Civic, but Toyotas seem more reliable. Actually, to be fair, should compare Accord to Camry. That next. Good luck to everybody with their Toyotas. I like mine. It grows on me with time, as I learn to appreciate it.