Best car for the money you pay
By ryt on
2011 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I already have a 2006 Corolla automatic which we bought new and me and my wife love it. I always like to drive manual and this time I had a chance to shop for a manual transmission car ( my wife does not drive manual). I drove most of the cars in this segment and finally narrow it down to Civic LX, Mazda 3 I Touring and Corolla S. When compared to other two ( Civic and Mazda 3) Corolla S is less in power, but far superior in other categories.
Favorite Features
Corolla S has more features than the other two like Rear spoiler, fog/driving lamps and sports skirting. I like specially the alarm buzzer if you forget to release the e- brakes. Very good gas millage.
Suggested Improvements
The position of the clock at bottom near the gear shifter, (Our 2006 Corolla the clock is close to the eye level)
By vol245
on 06/04/12 12:47 PM (PDT)

The Mazda 3 is more of a car than the Corolla S. I also have a 2011 Corolla S with a manual. While the car has the body kit, it does not perform like a sports sedan at all. It has no power, handles poorly, has drum rear brakes and a solid axle in the rear. I owned a '04 Mazda 3 hatchback and it was much more fun to drive.