2011 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Love the Corolla
By linng on 01/14/12 08:43 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

A wonderful little reliable car. I was concerned about the horsepower in a 4 cylinder (I live where there are lots of hills) and it has lots of pep! We also have 2 kids and carpool at times and it doesn't feel too small. Used to own a 1999 and had to sell it and missed it ever since. Glad to be back in a Corolla! Am planning on it lasting forever. :)

Very Upset
By jsnsgrl98 on 12/22/11 19:15 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the 2011 Corolla S with all the bells and whistles in March of 2011. I was satisfied with the car and was excited to have gotten my very first brand new car. Last week we discovered that there was oil all over the back of the motor. The seal on the cam plate had blown out. My husband, being very smart with cars, was very upset to find that instead of a gasket it was silicone. So either it was put together wrong, or it had already been taken apart before we got it. The dealership told us to brign it up to be fixed, so when I got there I traded it in on a new Jeep. Was not going to pay for a thrown together car. Plus I also realized I was not a car person and wanted another SUV.

Sensible Choice
By sn04 on 11/22/11 09:53 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My disclaimer is that I have brand bias. My previous car was a '98 Corolla that I drove for 7 years, and it was so good to me (died once due to the battery; always started at the first turn). Purchasing a 2011 seemed a safe decision. I researched comparable contenders: Honda, Mazda, and was actually excited about the Chevy Cruze (but unenthused about the reviews for it). No, the Corolla hasn't improved much in 13 years, and it may not have great options, but I know I can trust this car. It hides nothing and delivers exactly what you expect.

Transmission Problems
By joenenninmo on 09/09/11 15:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

At a steady speed, steady rpm between 2000 and 3000, on flat surface the rpm suddenly drops 200 to 500 rpm then jumps back up to cruise. Does this every fifteen seconds or so almost all the time. Dealer service says "Oh yeah, that's what Corollas do" "There's no fix" It's VERY annoying. May have something to do with Downhill Braking assist of the electronic transmission. VERY annoying. Many other owners have reported exact same thing and Toyota doesn't appear to be doing anything about it. I would avoid Corrollas until they fix this.

worth and reliable car
By rax11 on 08/13/11 18:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have RAV 4, and my previous car was corrolla. My wife needed another car, Initially I thought I will buy different make, I researched its competitors, CIVIC 2012, Hyundai elelantra, sentra, mazda 3, subaru impreza. I test drove back to back all of them. I felt driving on highways is smoother than sentra, mazda 3, elantra, almost equal to civic, impreza. Interior definitely some of its competitors are better like elantra, mazda 3 and civic. Exterior its not eye catching but it is stylish. We got corrolla LE apprx 2000$ less compared to its competitors price with same features We drove around 5000 miles so far, it is giving 37 mpg, in the city it drops to 36.5. very happy with this car.

Whats wrong with comfort
By jdchopin on 07/31/11 12:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have tested and driving and owned Honda Accords (nice car but the year I had it, they engine light for low oil didnt come on until you were already out.. hence the car burned out.. nice..) and I have owned Civics and felt like I was driving a speedy but bumpy car, and the recent Mazda 3 with the larger 2+ engine, and BOY did that have nice power and luxury items.. and I just bought a Corolla. You know why? None of those other cars, though sporty and full of styling ideas, and lots of toys, drive as nice or as quietly. And it has great safety features. That seems to be discounted too quickly for flash and speed and I got really tired of the bumpy drives of my Civic and especially my M3.

Conservative style, but still a beautiful car inside/out
By dchev on 07/29/11 21:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw redesigned 2011 Toyota Corolla S. You might think that it looks like 2009-2010 Corolla, but with small cosmetic and mechanical changes they did on 2011 model, the car looks very refined. Interior is simple and elegant, with comfortable seats. Also, Blue-tooth radio works very well. Driving 70/30 city/highway gives me 30-32MPG with A/C running all the time. Overall, this a great ride!

Tall people beware
By nfinityman on 07/18/11 06:49 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Like many other reviewers I spent quite a bit of time test driving the many competitors on the market today. I started my search by reading through the Consumers Digest car review edition that came out in February. Based on these results I concentrated on the Hyundai Elantra, the Ford Focus 2012 edition, and the Mazda 3 Touring. I ended up choosing the Toyota Corolla because it had all the features I was looking for at the right price. The interior was larger than the others with more space for backseat passengers and the actual fuel economy held up when compared to both the Elantra and Focus despite their 40 mpg claims. The ride is smooth and quiet, I just wish it had more power.

Looking forward to a long relationship
By gascostsalot on 06/19/11 11:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I looked over many cars and narrowed 'em down to the Ford Focus and Toyota Corolla. The 2012 Focus is all new styling for body and auto transmission. The front of this Focus looks cheesy and isn't functional, being nothing more than mostly a bug catcher. A new, double clutch auto transmission, worried me also - no track record regarding functionality and durability. The Focus gas cover was cheap plastic with matching body paint. The Corolla I chose was an S model. I've owned for 1 month. This had the 16" wheels I liked. The steering is TOO responsive, but i'm used to it now. Terrific gas mileage at 31mpg driving 75-80mph. Comfortable. Too much static creating vinyl and plastic inside tho.

Just Like a mini-camry
By car_fan3 on 06/01/11 20:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Regardless of some of the reviews I've read and people's disappointments with the corolla, I say spend an additional $20k and get a Lexus. Because you expect to get a $40k Lexus with all the bells and whistles and performance for under $20k. Can't happen. And when I shopped for a new car I've looked at all cars under $25k that exist American, Korean, Japanese, you name and although Toyota did have what I consider fabricated recalls, it still beats everyone by a mile for quality. My 2007 Camry was under-recall. Never-ever-ever an issue. Be realistic, comfortable ride, awesome fuel efficiency, perfect safety, very roomy ( very close to camry).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Corolla in VA is:

$140 per month*