Used 2011 Toyota Corolla S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Just bought.
By tell302man1

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

If you look down this list you see my parents 2011 Corolla they bought new. They like it so much as do I. I just purchased my own 2011 Corolla with 20000 miles on it. A Corolla S 5 speed! They are the perfect little car! No complaints and they drive good! Don't believe the lies!

Best car for the money you pay
By ryt

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I already have a 2006 Corolla automatic which we bought new and me and my wife love it. I always like to drive manual and this time I had a chance to shop for a manual transmission car ( my wife does not drive manual). I drove most of the cars in this segment and finally narrow it down to Civic LX, Mazda 3 I Touring and Corolla S. When compared to other two ( Civic and Mazda 3) Corolla S is less in power, but far superior in other categories.

Corolla S has more features than the other two like Rear spoiler, fog/driving lamps and sports skirting. I like specially the alarm buzzer if you forget to release the e- brakes. Very good gas millage.

The position of the clock at bottom near the gear shifter, (Our 2006 Corolla the clock is close to the eye level)

Worst Corolla ever. What was Toyota thinking.
By sajsan

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Test drove 2011 corolla (manual); this would have been my 5th corolla in 20yrs. As a die hard Toyota fan, Toyota has disappointed me beyond belief regarding the steering. It is a major issue; it feels like flexible rubber; it does NOT tighten as expected in any power assisted steering and dangerous at high speeds. It will be more serious with highway winds. There is pronounced body roll. In short, it is NOT safe. I walked away from a great deal because 2007/8 model was superior in safety and handling. I will send back a feedback letter to the president of toyota; they have lost a loyal Corolla customer 5 corollas in 20 years of drive. Sales person thought i was joking about the car.

Interior is good. Space is well done for rear passengers. Engine noise is well balanced. Civic and elantra are more noisier.

Steering needs to be seriously addressed. This is the only car in this segment which does not have a steering that tightens at higher speeds. Elantra, Civic even Yaris is better. USB should be standard. Clutch is too soft; suspension is a joke in S model. My 99 corolla which had replaced Munroe stock mounts has better hold on the car and stability.