Used 2011 Toyota Corolla LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Most Helpful|
Transmission Problems
By joenenninmo

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

At a steady speed, steady rpm between 2000 and 3000, on flat surface the rpm suddenly drops 200 to 500 rpm then jumps back up to cruise. Does this every fifteen seconds or so almost all the time. Dealer service says "Oh yeah, that's what Corollas do" "There's no fix" It's VERY annoying. May have something to do with Downhill Braking assist of the electronic transmission. VERY annoying. Many other owners have reported exact same thing and Toyota doesn't appear to be doing anything about it. I would avoid Corrollas until they fix this.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission !

42,000 miles of smiles!!!!
By therollaman

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I can't imagine these horrid reviews other than to think that it's sour grapes Mazda and Honda owners trolling. I have over 40K miles of hard mileage calculations, and I have NEVER turned in less than 34 mpg. The lifetime average of my Corolla is a handsome 37.7 mpg (go to Fuelly.com where I post as The Rolla). Never have I had any serious issue with my Canadian-made Corolla. Gripes? OK, it gurgles softly sometimes once you just begin to move forward. The seat height adjuster sometimes gets pushed down getting into and out of the car. Maybe it's a little boring to drive, but at a paltry $17,146 out the door, yeah try to hang with that, overpriced, 20 mpg Mazda zoom-zoom gas hog.

Favorite Features

Great mileage would have to be at the top of the list. But also, I like the styling of the car, exterior and interior. The steel wheels are a little not to my liking, and I really dislike the ratty wheel covers, but that can be fixed after the tires finally wear out and I upgrade to some 16" Toyota aluminum wheels off an S model. I like the interior controls, and having the mist cycle on the windshield wipers is a definite plus. Also, I really like the trip computer with mileage estimates, trip elapsed time, temperature, average speed, and other data. Plus, let's not forget that nice smooth luxury ride. A bit on the soft side, but not objectionable.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the seats were covered with the same fabric as the S model. What the LE came with is a little cruddy looking and grips your clothes when you try to slide in or out. The radio reception seems maybe a little weak. Maybe locating the antenna in the rear glass was not the best idea. The rear sway bar could be tightened up a bit as well. Tip into a corner, and it's a bit mushy up front.

2011 Going Strong
By butler83

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this car several months after purchasing it from a family member who loved it. Its started all winter and handled well in the snow. The gas mileage is very good and it is an easy car to drive and enjoy. You can't go wrong with this car if you are looking for basic transportation.

Favorite Features

I'm into the value. This car does everything I need at a decent price. Its only been oil changes to maintain this trouble free beauty.

Suggested Improvements

None!!!

Perfect for Econ-Minded
By commonsense29

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 15,000mi. Since then, I have driven to about 45,000 in two years. In my time I have realized how great it is from an economical standpoint: I get about 30/31mpg city, 36-39mpg hwy, maintenance costs are low (so far only oil changes and one cabin air filter replacement), insurance prices are low, and driver comfort/peace-of-mind is high from great visibility, good safety scores, and ease to drive/manage infotainment. That said, the interior isn't quite as "fancy" (futuristic or sharp designs) as competitors, but is great for the price. I would definitely recommend to a budget-orientated driver.

Favorite Features

Front seat comfort Mpg numbers significantly greater than EPA estimates Inexpensive cost of ownership

Suggested Improvements

The entire center console seems about five years behind competitors (the 2014 re-design solved that problem). Oil changes are going to be more expensive (around $70 without promotions/coupons) because it takes synthetic oil. However, don't think Toyota is ripping you off because I have read plenty of reviews that justify the more expensive oil for its long-term benefits.

Should have gotten a Camry!
By milans

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've driven my 2011 Corolla for 18k/mi and wish I would have been less concerned about MPG than comfort. The car feels a bit underpowered. It also needed a front tire replacement almost immediately because it was defective (two dealer visits). MPG is good but I'm not sure that the gas savings are worth the back pain. I'm glad I didn't get rid of my 2004 Sienna because I absolutely cannot drive the Corolla all the time. Should have gotten a Camry instead which has more comfortable seats and fits a taller person better (I'm over 6').

Favorite Features

Large trunk, satelite radio, bluetooth, good AC

Suggested Improvements

Smoother transmission, better seats, better handling.