2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Perfect for Econ-Minded
By commonsense29 on 05/28/14 17:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 15,000mi. Since then, I have driven to about 45,000 in two years. In my time I have realized how great it is from an economical standpoint: I get about 30/31mpg city, 36-39mpg hwy, maintenance costs are low (so far only oil changes and one cabin air filter replacement), insurance prices are low, and driver comfort/peace-of-mind is high from great visibility, good safety scores, and ease to drive/manage infotainment. That said, the interior isn't quite as "fancy" (futuristic or sharp designs) as competitors, but is great for the price. I would definitely recommend to a budget-orientated driver.

OK Car, but wouldn't buy another one
By becrs on 02/15/14 21:27 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 18000 miles on it a little over a year ago. I drive 18 miles to work each day about 3/4 of them are interstate and highway with some decent sized hills. I average about 30 mpg. Which I've very happy with, actually the mpg is the only thing I really like about the car. I live where it snows and the headlights are always dirty making seeing hard. I have to clean them almost daily when the roads are wet. I've never had to do that with any other vehicle. The cabin is very noisy and it doesn't handle very well on snow and in slush (I'm very experience in driving in it too). There are two very small spots on the trunk that are rusting. I've never had this on a car befo

42,000 miles of smiles!!!!
By therollaman on 04/05/13 16:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I can't imagine these horrid reviews other than to think that it's sour grapes Mazda and Honda owners trolling. I have over 40K miles of hard mileage calculations, and I have NEVER turned in less than 34 mpg. The lifetime average of my Corolla is a handsome 37.7 mpg (go to Fuelly.com where I post as The Rolla). Never have I had any serious issue with my Canadian-made Corolla. Gripes? OK, it gurgles softly sometimes once you just begin to move forward. The seat height adjuster sometimes gets pushed down getting into and out of the car. Maybe it's a little boring to drive, but at a paltry $17,146 out the door, yeah try to hang with that, overpriced, 20 mpg Mazda zoom-zoom gas hog.

Should have gotten a Camry!
By milans on 10/28/12 08:04 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've driven my 2011 Corolla for 18k/mi and wish I would have been less concerned about MPG than comfort. The car feels a bit underpowered. It also needed a front tire replacement almost immediately because it was defective (two dealer visits). MPG is good but I'm not sure that the gas savings are worth the back pain. I'm glad I didn't get rid of my 2004 Sienna because I absolutely cannot drive the Corolla all the time. Should have gotten a Camry instead which has more comfortable seats and fits a taller person better (I'm over 6').

Love the Corolla
By linng on 01/14/12 08:43 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

A wonderful little reliable car. I was concerned about the horsepower in a 4 cylinder (I live where there are lots of hills) and it has lots of pep! We also have 2 kids and carpool at times and it doesn't feel too small. Used to own a 1999 and had to sell it and missed it ever since. Glad to be back in a Corolla! Am planning on it lasting forever. :)

Sensible Choice
By sn04 on 11/22/11 09:53 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My disclaimer is that I have brand bias. My previous car was a '98 Corolla that I drove for 7 years, and it was so good to me (died once due to the battery; always started at the first turn). Purchasing a 2011 seemed a safe decision. I researched comparable contenders: Honda, Mazda, and was actually excited about the Chevy Cruze (but unenthused about the reviews for it). No, the Corolla hasn't improved much in 13 years, and it may not have great options, but I know I can trust this car. It hides nothing and delivers exactly what you expect.

Transmission Problems
By joenenninmo on 09/09/11 15:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

At a steady speed, steady rpm between 2000 and 3000, on flat surface the rpm suddenly drops 200 to 500 rpm then jumps back up to cruise. Does this every fifteen seconds or so almost all the time. Dealer service says "Oh yeah, that's what Corollas do" "There's no fix" It's VERY annoying. May have something to do with Downhill Braking assist of the electronic transmission. VERY annoying. Many other owners have reported exact same thing and Toyota doesn't appear to be doing anything about it. I would avoid Corrollas until they fix this.

worth and reliable car
By rax11 on 08/13/11 18:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have RAV 4, and my previous car was corrolla. My wife needed another car, Initially I thought I will buy different make, I researched its competitors, CIVIC 2012, Hyundai elelantra, sentra, mazda 3, subaru impreza. I test drove back to back all of them. I felt driving on highways is smoother than sentra, mazda 3, elantra, almost equal to civic, impreza. Interior definitely some of its competitors are better like elantra, mazda 3 and civic. Exterior its not eye catching but it is stylish. We got corrolla LE apprx 2000$ less compared to its competitors price with same features We drove around 5000 miles so far, it is giving 37 mpg, in the city it drops to 36.5. very happy with this car.

Whats wrong with comfort
By jdchopin on 07/31/11 12:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have tested and driving and owned Honda Accords (nice car but the year I had it, they engine light for low oil didnt come on until you were already out.. hence the car burned out.. nice..) and I have owned Civics and felt like I was driving a speedy but bumpy car, and the recent Mazda 3 with the larger 2+ engine, and BOY did that have nice power and luxury items.. and I just bought a Corolla. You know why? None of those other cars, though sporty and full of styling ideas, and lots of toys, drive as nice or as quietly. And it has great safety features. That seems to be discounted too quickly for flash and speed and I got really tired of the bumpy drives of my Civic and especially my M3.

Just Like a mini-camry
By car_fan3 on 06/01/11 20:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Regardless of some of the reviews I've read and people's disappointments with the corolla, I say spend an additional $20k and get a Lexus. Because you expect to get a $40k Lexus with all the bells and whistles and performance for under $20k. Can't happen. And when I shopped for a new car I've looked at all cars under $25k that exist American, Korean, Japanese, you name and although Toyota did have what I consider fabricated recalls, it still beats everyone by a mile for quality. My 2007 Camry was under-recall. Never-ever-ever an issue. Be realistic, comfortable ride, awesome fuel efficiency, perfect safety, very roomy ( very close to camry).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan in VA is:

$126 per month*