Used 2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Excellent
By George

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a cheapie car that over delivers. I think when rating this car you have to take price into consideration. You are not going to get a high end Audi for under 20k. It has some road noise, a little to much cheap plastic in the interior and the stuff in find in the under 20k range.

What I did get was a a smooth ride, enough engine pep, just enough interior room all in a affordable package. Almost 40k and I have only changed oil, filters and put higher end tires on. It warms up quick in cold Michigan and handles snowy roads without skipping a beat. Its a better car than the last two Honda's I have owned.

Very nice and reliable car for your bucks
By Hal Paul

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It is clean, very well maintained. Oil change and tuneups on a regular basis when needed. This car has leather seats. Front Heated seats. Remote Starter. This is after markets value.

Great economy car
By jmpaul320

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought in Jan 2012 with 7 miles on the clock. I have put over 82,000 miles on the car since (70/30 highway/city). Only routine maintenance, no issues with anything whatsoever. Original brakes/tires lasted nearly 70k. I average 37mpg combined commuting ~430 miles per week. Overall very happy with this car - the newer corollas I have driven as loaners seem a bit more cheaply built compared to the '11.

LOVED MY 2003 COROLLA BUT DISAPPOINTED NOW
By Dianne Dorio

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2011 new out of state. It is larger than previous models. There is a lot of road noise - very bumpy. It does not seem as solidly built as the two previous models that I've owned. I did have the RPM issue when I first got the car but the dealership made an adjustment and rectified the situation. I've had continual problems with the brakes squealing at low speeds when braking gently in stop and go traffic. I've been told time after time that everything is fine. Also, when the AC is on there is sometimes this very unpleasant grinding noise that I hear under the car. Also, had that checked out and again was told nothing wrong. I loved my 2003. I owned it for almost ten years. I never had one problem with it. It was the perfect size for me as well. I cannot understand why Toyota made the Corolla larger. I don't think I will own the 2011 for 10 years.

On a positive note, the car is very nice looking. The interior is attractive and it starts right up even on the coldest days and seems to do well in the little snow driving that I do. As far as gas mileage goes, I have no issue with that.

Mr. Toyota Man
By Craig Snyder

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car brand new. Now after 40,000 miles it still looks new and drives great. So far only regular maintenance. Love the xm radio and bluetooth. The original goodyear tires were crap and replaced them with a set of Toyo tires at 13,000 miles. This car looks sporty with the S package and in Barcelona red. Its not a sporty driver though, but does great on gas. I average 32 mpg in mixed driving.32