Used 2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Reliable But Boring
By delrey

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Smooth, quiet engine. Transmission shifts well even though it could use another gear or two. I've been averaging 34-35mpg with 60% highway. Could've been better with an 5 or 6 speed. Steering and handling is dull and unresponsive. The car does not give any feed back during cornering nor give any warning when near the limit. Steering is really loose. My wife's 2006 Mazda MPV is a better vehicle to drive. Exterior styling on the S is clean and nice to look at. Interior is simple and easy to look at and functional. Quite basic compared to some competition though. If you need an reliable car with no frills, you found it.

Good fog lights on the S. USB port.

Handling and steering is the #1 gripe I have with this car. This car has no personality. Doesn't have to be Mazda good but anything would be an improvement. Would have been nice to have an modern 5 or 6 speed auto for fuel economy.

2011 Going Strong
By butler83

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this car several months after purchasing it from a family member who loved it. Its started all winter and handled well in the snow. The gas mileage is very good and it is an easy car to drive and enjoy. You can't go wrong with this car if you are looking for basic transportation.

I'm into the value. This car does everything I need at a decent price. Its only been oil changes to maintain this trouble free beauty.

None!!!

Do not buy
By betsey2

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car new and within months the radio wouldn't work w/ rear defroster on. They had to replace the radio and install new rear windshield. Two years later- same problem only not under warranty!!! $100 just to look at it when obviously the windshields are defective!!!!

Perfect for Econ-Minded
By commonsense29

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 15,000mi. Since then, I have driven to about 45,000 in two years. In my time I have realized how great it is from an economical standpoint: I get about 30/31mpg city, 36-39mpg hwy, maintenance costs are low (so far only oil changes and one cabin air filter replacement), insurance prices are low, and driver comfort/peace-of-mind is high from great visibility, good safety scores, and ease to drive/manage infotainment. That said, the interior isn't quite as "fancy" (futuristic or sharp designs) as competitors, but is great for the price. I would definitely recommend to a budget-orientated driver.

Front seat comfort Mpg numbers significantly greater than EPA estimates Inexpensive cost of ownership

The entire center console seems about five years behind competitors (the 2014 re-design solved that problem). Oil changes are going to be more expensive (around $70 without promotions/coupons) because it takes synthetic oil. However, don't think Toyota is ripping you off because I have read plenty of reviews that justify the more expensive oil for its long-term benefits.

OK Car, but wouldn't buy another one
By becrs

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 18000 miles on it a little over a year ago. I drive 18 miles to work each day about 3/4 of them are interstate and highway with some decent sized hills. I average about 30 mpg. Which I've very happy with, actually the mpg is the only thing I really like about the car. I live where it snows and the headlights are always dirty making seeing hard. I have to clean them almost daily when the roads are wet. I've never had to do that with any other vehicle. The cabin is very noisy and it doesn't handle very well on snow and in slush (I'm very experience in driving in it too). There are two very small spots on the trunk that are rusting. I've never had this on a car befo

I am a short person, but it doesn't have much leg room even for me. There is surprisingly quite a bit of storage space. The trunk doesn't have a cargo net and makes it difficult for keeping things in place, as I carry ice melt, shovel, and blankets in the winter. It's very sluggish at take off, but once it gets going it goes good. I don't have any trouble going up hills.