2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Perfect for Econ-Minded
By commonsense29 on 05/28/14 17:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 15,000mi. Since then, I have driven to about 45,000 in two years. In my time I have realized how great it is from an economical standpoint: I get about 30/31mpg city, 36-39mpg hwy, maintenance costs are low (so far only oil changes and one cabin air filter replacement), insurance prices are low, and driver comfort/peace-of-mind is high from great visibility, good safety scores, and ease to drive/manage infotainment. That said, the interior isn't quite as "fancy" (futuristic or sharp designs) as competitors, but is great for the price. I would definitely recommend to a budget-orientated driver.

OK Car, but wouldn't buy another one
By becrs on 02/15/14 21:27 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 18000 miles on it a little over a year ago. I drive 18 miles to work each day about 3/4 of them are interstate and highway with some decent sized hills. I average about 30 mpg. Which I've very happy with, actually the mpg is the only thing I really like about the car. I live where it snows and the headlights are always dirty making seeing hard. I have to clean them almost daily when the roads are wet. I've never had to do that with any other vehicle. The cabin is very noisy and it doesn't handle very well on snow and in slush (I'm very experience in driving in it too). There are two very small spots on the trunk that are rusting. I've never had this on a car befo

42,000 miles of smiles!!!!
By therollaman on 04/05/13 16:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I can't imagine these horrid reviews other than to think that it's sour grapes Mazda and Honda owners trolling. I have over 40K miles of hard mileage calculations, and I have NEVER turned in less than 34 mpg. The lifetime average of my Corolla is a handsome 37.7 mpg (go to Fuelly.com where I post as The Rolla). Never have I had any serious issue with my Canadian-made Corolla. Gripes? OK, it gurgles softly sometimes once you just begin to move forward. The seat height adjuster sometimes gets pushed down getting into and out of the car. Maybe it's a little boring to drive, but at a paltry $17,146 out the door, yeah try to hang with that, overpriced, 20 mpg Mazda zoom-zoom gas hog.

Just bought.
By tell302man1 on 01/08/13 18:30 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

If you look down this list you see my parents 2011 Corolla they bought new. They like it so much as do I. I just purchased my own 2011 Corolla with 20000 miles on it. A Corolla S 5 speed! They are the perfect little car! No complaints and they drive good! Don't believe the lies!

Should have gotten a Camry!
By milans on 10/28/12 08:04 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've driven my 2011 Corolla for 18k/mi and wish I would have been less concerned about MPG than comfort. The car feels a bit underpowered. It also needed a front tire replacement almost immediately because it was defective (two dealer visits). MPG is good but I'm not sure that the gas savings are worth the back pain. I'm glad I didn't get rid of my 2004 Sienna because I absolutely cannot drive the Corolla all the time. Should have gotten a Camry instead which has more comfortable seats and fits a taller person better (I'm over 6').

2011 Corolla S (New) Solid Car
By thecandyman on 02/03/12 10:59 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

2011 Corolla S w/o sunroof Purchased new: $17,500 exclude TTL. (Sticker: $20,120) This is a very smooth riding car for this class and seems very solidly built. This car rides like a Camry on smooth roads but the short wheel base gets a bit unsettled over uneven pavement and it crashes over rough patches and potholes somewhat. The powertrain also runs very smoothly and acceleration is adequate. All in all the best value in the class.

The car I need - Not want
By papertrumpet on 01/30/12 18:52 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Having driven a 2000 Solara for 11 years, I got this 2011 Corolla S in October 2011. I went cheap and got what I paid for. While the S is the best looking Corolla for '11 it lives up completely to the reviews of underpowered, uninspiring, unimpressive road experience. It might be solid and reliable, but I yawn all the way to work and back.

False mpg claims
By smithy6 on 01/22/12 20:04 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 6 months. The mpg/epa fuel economy stated on the original sticker is way too high. I am lucky to get 17 mpg city driving; not on hwys. much at this time. Two local dealer's service reps. said they have heard similar, it is a national issue. The national call center is checking with them, but said not all of their cars will achieve even the minimum 21 mpg. One dealer reset the computer and tire pressure, still no difference. Both dealers said I have to drive it 5,000 mi. to see any better performance. That wasn't on the contract and I won't drive that much for the next 6 months. Plus the tank only holds max. 12 gallons.

Best car for the money you pay
By ryt on 01/18/12 09:50 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I already have a 2006 Corolla automatic which we bought new and me and my wife love it. I always like to drive manual and this time I had a chance to shop for a manual transmission car ( my wife does not drive manual). I drove most of the cars in this segment and finally narrow it down to Civic LX, Mazda 3 I Touring and Corolla S. When compared to other two ( Civic and Mazda 3) Corolla S is less in power, but far superior in other categories.

Great Little Car
By tell302man on 01/15/12 18:47 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is perfect. I believe some of these reviews are written by Domestic car owners to make this car look bad. I have a Solara with 230,000 miles and this Corolla seems ever bit as good. Don't believe this nonsense about Toyota not being the best! They are the BEST!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Corolla Sedan in VA is:

$140 per month*