Used 2011 Toyota Corolla LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

2011 Going Strong
By butler83

2011 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this car several months after purchasing it from a family member who loved it. Its started all winter and handled well in the snow. The gas mileage is very good and it is an easy car to drive and enjoy. You can't go wrong with this car if you are looking for basic transportation.

Favorite Features

I'm into the value. This car does everything I need at a decent price. Its only been oil changes to maintain this trouble free beauty.

Suggested Improvements

None!!!

Do not buy
By betsey2

2011 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car new and within months the radio wouldn't work w/ rear defroster on. They had to replace the radio and install new rear windshield. Two years later- same problem only not under warranty!!! $100 just to look at it when obviously the windshields are defective!!!!

Perfect for Econ-Minded
By commonsense29

2011 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 15,000mi. Since then, I have driven to about 45,000 in two years. In my time I have realized how great it is from an economical standpoint: I get about 30/31mpg city, 36-39mpg hwy, maintenance costs are low (so far only oil changes and one cabin air filter replacement), insurance prices are low, and driver comfort/peace-of-mind is high from great visibility, good safety scores, and ease to drive/manage infotainment. That said, the interior isn't quite as "fancy" (futuristic or sharp designs) as competitors, but is great for the price. I would definitely recommend to a budget-orientated driver.

Favorite Features

Front seat comfort Mpg numbers significantly greater than EPA estimates Inexpensive cost of ownership

Suggested Improvements

The entire center console seems about five years behind competitors (the 2014 re-design solved that problem). Oil changes are going to be more expensive (around $70 without promotions/coupons) because it takes synthetic oil. However, don't think Toyota is ripping you off because I have read plenty of reviews that justify the more expensive oil for its long-term benefits.

OK Car, but wouldn't buy another one
By becrs

2011 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 18000 miles on it a little over a year ago. I drive 18 miles to work each day about 3/4 of them are interstate and highway with some decent sized hills. I average about 30 mpg. Which I've very happy with, actually the mpg is the only thing I really like about the car. I live where it snows and the headlights are always dirty making seeing hard. I have to clean them almost daily when the roads are wet. I've never had to do that with any other vehicle. The cabin is very noisy and it doesn't handle very well on snow and in slush (I'm very experience in driving in it too). There are two very small spots on the trunk that are rusting. I've never had this on a car befo

Favorite Features

I am a short person, but it doesn't have much leg room even for me. There is surprisingly quite a bit of storage space. The trunk doesn't have a cargo net and makes it difficult for keeping things in place, as I carry ice melt, shovel, and blankets in the winter. It's very sluggish at take off, but once it gets going it goes good. I don't have any trouble going up hills.

42,000 miles of smiles!!!!
By therollaman

2011 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I can't imagine these horrid reviews other than to think that it's sour grapes Mazda and Honda owners trolling. I have over 40K miles of hard mileage calculations, and I have NEVER turned in less than 34 mpg. The lifetime average of my Corolla is a handsome 37.7 mpg (go to Fuelly.com where I post as The Rolla). Never have I had any serious issue with my Canadian-made Corolla. Gripes? OK, it gurgles softly sometimes once you just begin to move forward. The seat height adjuster sometimes gets pushed down getting into and out of the car. Maybe it's a little boring to drive, but at a paltry $17,146 out the door, yeah try to hang with that, overpriced, 20 mpg Mazda zoom-zoom gas hog.

Favorite Features

Great mileage would have to be at the top of the list. But also, I like the styling of the car, exterior and interior. The steel wheels are a little not to my liking, and I really dislike the ratty wheel covers, but that can be fixed after the tires finally wear out and I upgrade to some 16" Toyota aluminum wheels off an S model. I like the interior controls, and having the mist cycle on the windshield wipers is a definite plus. Also, I really like the trip computer with mileage estimates, trip elapsed time, temperature, average speed, and other data. Plus, let's not forget that nice smooth luxury ride. A bit on the soft side, but not objectionable.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the seats were covered with the same fabric as the S model. What the LE came with is a little cruddy looking and grips your clothes when you try to slide in or out. The radio reception seems maybe a little weak. Maybe locating the antenna in the rear glass was not the best idea. The rear sway bar could be tightened up a bit as well. Tip into a corner, and it's a bit mushy up front.