2010 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: You get what you pay for in th

2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

S Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

You get what you pay for in this great big world!
By jamaicanred on

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car seems to have had every corner cut possible to save money. 1rst, the paint is a joke. Easily chipped, scratched, dinged. I feel that just by looking at the car the paint begins to peel! Buy the paint protection if available, its worth it. 2nd, the car just feels cheap. From the interior controls (ie windows, door locks, mirrors, etc.) to the body panels and trunk deck; flimsy, thin, & cheap. 13k miles and already had the trunk cable break. My 99 civic with 209K miles never had the trunk cable break. Leaves me wondering what will be next. The drive train is about the only positive so far, as the motor runs smooth and the auto trans shift smoothly. But for how long is the ??

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. My GF gets 39 mpg on the highway. Layout of the controls is designed well. The ride is smooth and quiet as well as the motor. It's almost as quiet as a Prius. Trip ODO with outside temp & average mpg is nice. Steering wheel audio controls. Clock. Low gas warning light. Lots of compartments in the interior. Trunk tray comes in handy to keep items from rolling all over the trunk. Headlights are bright and project well. Headlights are also idiot proof as they auto-on when it is dark. Tachometer. Fog-lights. Sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Please remove the square dash corner that I smash my knee into when entering the vehicle. Use better paint!!! Good grief this car chips & scratches way to easy. Bigger gas tank! Better factory tires would be nice. Cheapest floor mats ever made!!! Camon man, you can do better. Tighten down the interior pieces better, way too much clangin and rattling when not on smooth surfaces.