Steering Fixed ! TSB
By Vic S on
2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I have 17,000 miles on the car. At first the STEERING on center wandering was TERRIBLE on long trips over 60mph. Toyota came out with a fix (TSR involved changing the steering computer) and it's now a great car. Before that fix I felt I'd have to get rid of the car! I also own a 2004 Honda Accord and 2008 Honda Accord (both manual transmissions). The Corolla now drives similar to the Accords, which I very much like. The 1.8L engine is nice with the manual transmission. The manual makes it a JOY to drive. It's NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness) is far superior to the civic & NO Kiddy Digital Speedometer. The ride is more like my 04 Accord, which is very good.
Favorite Features
MPG, Price, Manual Transmission sure helps get up and adds a fun factor, S Trim, NVH for a small low cost car, Ride is good. Best Feature is they fixed the steering (TSB Technical Service Bulletin) concerning on-center-wandering.
Suggested Improvements
Mirror adjustments need to be on armrest where they can be seen. Clock needs to be where it can be seen, Trunk with Spoiler needs a stronger spring. Give me drive by CABLE NOT Wire where the dumb computer interferes with my input. This is an economy car, so I can't complain.