2010 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: OK car..

2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

S Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

OK car..
By w0by on

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2010 Corolla S for a while now. I'm happy that it's getting around 30.5mpg in the city driving, I donít drive much on the highway. The wind noise is pretty quiet.. Things I don't like: It has a 4 speed automatic transmission, why isn't this a 5 speed or 6 speed? Come on Toyota... Loud road noise on concrete highways. Very loud. Unbelievably loud. My friends 2010 Elantra is silent compared to this car.. I hear creaking coming from the drivers side front pillar and back pillar on passengers side. I also hear a weird rattle underneath the dash that sounds like a tan can. Who knows? I've never had a new car with rattles and squeaks...??

Low wind noise, fun to drive, nice interior, the S looks nice and clean. Good MPG. Even if I have a lot of negative things to say about the car, I really do like the car. I test drove a lot of cars and the Corolla drives really nice compared to others.

Quiet the car down, include bluetooth and usb port like every other manufacturer, include a 5 or 6 speed auto transmission. For the price of the car this should've been included, I don't care if it's a Toyota or not. If you're afraid of reliability of other cars, just get a good extended warranty :).
By mcdawgg
on 01/24/12 09:35 AM (PST)

On the topic of the Corolla only having a 4 speed auto: Keep in mind that it STILL beats just about all the cars in its class for mpg. And on top of that, the 4 speed auto is proven, it is a battleship, ultra-reliable. I don't know you can say that for all the new 5 & 6 speed autos that any maker produces. Tires can produce lots of noise on a concrete road vs. ashpalt. The Corolla is very quiet for a car in its class.