2010 Toyota Corolla 1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - great gas mileage

2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

great gas mileage
By unclogum on

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Have 14,000 trouble free miles and never, repeat never got less than 35 mpg. Im 59 and retired so I may look at things a little different , but have owned some 40 cars in my life and this one is a good one. Drove the others in its class and this was tops. They hold their value ( check out Ebay and craigs list) are reliable and easy to go 200,000 miles with. Hard to find a low mileage one for sale. If its value for your dollar this is it.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature is gas mileage. driving in town or highway(just returned from 2300 mile trip Or. to Wy. and back) it is getting 35-36.5 mpg (some of that is doing 75+ mph in Montana. I also like the solid feel , not tinny like the ford that is its counterpart. Also like the fact that when the time comes to let it go it will be worth more than a high priced Volvo of same year. When the gas goes up to 5.00 I'll be glad the other guys are hurting worst than me.

Suggested Improvements

Hmmm. The radio could be better seems that channels arn't as strong as they could be. Better speakers would be useful also. (I drove alot of cross country and my caddy had the best tune box.) Leather seat option would be nice and a little higher roof would make it better for tall folks. If your tall the Nissen Versa would be a better fit.