Exterior parts Built Like LEGO not CARs
By gmei on
2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I've had Corolla 2010 S model since 03/2011. Bought it brand new. After a year, I may have ran over the pot holes but that affected the rear bumper. During freeway trip, the two sides of rear bumpers opened up like two wings!!! It was so dangerous. I finally bang on those and got them to snap in place like legos, very flimpsy. When I took my car the the dealer folloowing day, they said it's not warrantied because running over pot holes shifted the rear bumper (lego out of place). My Godh!! This is car and it should be nuts and bolt in place not plastic snap in place like LEGOS!!! It's not safe to be riding on these corollas. Prior to 2008 corollas are good but the later models are cheap!!!
Suggested Improvements
Need to use more Nuts and Bolts. Cheap exterior parts that fit together like LEGOS need to go!!! They cheat to make car lighter and yield better gas mileage but not safe at all.
By heg143
on 07/10/12 13:37 PM (PDT)

I agree! I have the same model... 2010 Toyota Corolla S and my bumper was replaced 8 months ago by a Toyota bodyshop. I was driving on the freeway a few months ago and the bumper started flapping in the wind. Now I am driving around with half a bumper(probably not the safest thing to do). I contacted the bodyshop that replaced it and they said I was probably bumped and the clips came undone but I went to another bodyshop and they said the bumper doesn't fit right. They have been putting me through a nightmare the last few months...I will never buy another Toyota or get service from a Toyota bodyshop!!!!