A nice car. Could be better
By howeda7 on
2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I have had my 2010 Corolla S since July 2009. Overall, I have no major complaints. At 17K miles I have only done standard maintenance (and 2 of 3 recalls.) The steering seems fine to me, but I'm guess I'm not one to drive with me knees or one-handed. Acceleration is not special, but who expected it to be? Never had an issue passing anyone when needed, and have looked down to see I was going 80 without realizing it more then once. Exterior look is nice. Did accumulate several scratches quickly, but not sure if that was bad luck or not. Interior is OK. The S model shouldn't have the lint issue (if there is one) due to the sport fabric. The fabric does seem difficult to fully clean though.
Favorite Features
Full display with MPG, miles before fill, etc. is nice. Aux port for BlackBerry/Ipod is nice. Sound system seems fine to me, but I'm not picky about that.
Suggested Improvements
Three recalls, while I had no issues personally, don't make you feel good about long-term value. MPG is disappointing. While 35 MPG on a long trip is easy, it only averages 25-27 in daily commuting. You can subtract 1.5 MPG from what the computer says to get the true #. It inflates the # consistently. The clock not being on the center stack is ridiculous. It did give me an excuse to buy a GPS. The warning alarm when you leave the lights on is WAY too quiet. I have twice been left with a dead battery. While I do have some hearing loss, I literally have to strain to hear it. With automatic headlights, you generally don't have to mess with turning off and on, but there's always rainy days