2010 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews 7

2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
It is what it is and I LOVE it!
By Teresa on 08/26/10 11:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I read all these reviews before I bought my car and was a little turned off. So glad that I didn't listen! I love my new car! I have had it for about 3 days. It is what it is. No you are not gonna get a race car, but you trade off with good gas mileage!

Good car for the price
By Corners on 08/23/10 12:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Leased a 2010 Corolla S (auto) to have reliable, trouble free, safe transportation for the next 3 years. I have a second kid on the way, and while my car is not the "family" car (wife drives a Sienna), there are still times we need to use my car, and the Mustang just isn't going to work with a rear facing car seat. ;) Anyways, the car is very comfortable to drive, but in no way exciting. It's basic transportation, and does well at this. The looks are sporty, but that's as far as the sportiness goes. Power is adequate, but lacking. The 4 speed transmission is outdated compared to the competition. The rated city fuel economy is optimistic. 24 mpg city is reality.

Good car!
By MJ on 08/20/10 19:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the 2010 Corolla. It is the LE version. Not spectacular, but it is a Corolla, what do you expect? One thing I have noticed is that at half a tank of fuel I have 283 miles - no joke. I had a Tundra before, so I know how to baby and engine. Use the average miles pg display that continuously updates. You will notice that you can very easily keep it in the 40's or more. I am getting 34 miles per gallon combined. It is possible, just don't waste your time accelerating a 4 cylinder. I felt safer in the Tundra, but I prefer the fact that it gets over twice the mileage of the Tundra and that saves a couple hundred in gas a month.

Daytime Dashboard Lights
By Puzzled on 08/20/10 10:02 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Toyota Corolla LE 2007 and a Honda Civic LX 2010 which had dashboards that lit up as soon as the car started and remained until the car was turned off. I bought a 2010 Toyota Corolla LE two weeks ago only to find that the dashboard lights are controlled by a sensor that begins when the car is started in a darkened garage but fade as soon as the car is in daylight. Even when the car goes through a tunnel or overpass, the lights don't go on. All the mechanics tell me this is the way it's made to work. To me, not having dashboard lights is a safety issue, and it should be rectified by Toyota. The salesman suggested that I cover the sensor. Why? It's supposed to work automatically.

Toyota quality still slipping!
By DAN on 08/19/10 07:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 6th Toyota and the worst of the lot. 3 recalls and several trips to fix broken trim, HVAC problems, engine issues etc. Toyota quality for 2010 is the worst I've seen, heard, or experienced. I think I'm done with Toyota and unless they do a quick turnaround, they are not worth their premium price. The interior design is lame and the HVAC system is laughably ridiculous - a chimp could have come up with a better design. The engine is already getting wheezy and noisy.

Great Ride Great Price
By mpsmith80 on 08/03/10 10:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great. For the lower end LE Model it has a tone of features. It Comes with cruise, traction control, Heated mirrors, 4 speed automatic, Tells you how may miles to an empty tank. For 16,000 I am incredibly happy with what I got. It's a Toyota and it will last forever. The only complaint is the gas mileage. For a smaller car it gets 24 city and 34 hwy. With a small engine and compact size I would expect better.

Looks great, Runs poorly
By alberto on 07/31/10 21:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

When i first bought this car i was really excited because i felt i had upgraded from my 99 Avalon. Now i just wish I would've gone with a honda or mazda. This car has a lot of trouble accelerating as if the car was pulling something. The steering wheel doesn't seem to turn as much as it should. While driving at 65 mph it was difficult to keep car in between lines. This feels unsafe and worse than my 96 accord. It's infuriating that Toyota would build a car this way as oppose to stepping up their game after all they been going through. The car looks great but id rather drive a car 14 years older.

Better cars available than the Corolla
By Vijay on 07/30/10 08:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Toyota of Dallas has great Customer Relations, Service, and New Car Sales. I'm satisfied with them. I am not satisfied with this car. My commute is 6 miles local one-way. I average 22-23 mpg. The steering is stiff, there is a huge driver side blind spot, tire noise is very noticeable, the ABS engages even at low speeds and makes a whirring sound. Cornering and braking doesn't inspire confidence. Acceleration is jerky. Interior is cheap quality with lots of plastic. Look at the flimsy rear cup holders! I wish the headrests and armrests were softer. Lastly my change holder broke already after two months and I didn't use it once. I like the mud flaps, rear bumper protector, cargo net and tray.

2010 Corolla S
By Ed on 07/29/10 17:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am pretty happy. I drove so much that it paid to trade in my other car for one with high MPG. The exterior is an improvement from the previous generation. It also has the XRS odometer. I also got a lifetime powertrain warranty. Its a 100 dollar deductible, but I figure in 5 or 6 years I'll have 200K miles and get a new engine and transmission under warranty.

It was fine for me!
By 2handsonwheel on 07/28/10 13:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

There's a bandwagon going on re:electric power steering stuff, that I myself felt strange at first. But after reading through complaints @ highway safety website and test drive one on a freeway, I think I could get used to the new technology and guess what? I did! There are lots of complaints about having to "put two hands" while going over 50+ miles and paying attention to the road all the time but HELLO? You have to anyway! It's not the car, it's you who are not following proper rules of driving at high speed. If that's too tiresome, perhaps one should hire a limo driver. Sorry for my rant but I found eps is just different and if you don't' like it, you should consider other cheap car.