Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Good Mileage - not much else unfortunately
By jring123

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Had this as a rental for 2 weeks - looked like [violative content deleted] outside (scratched, chipped and dented all around) and inside (seat fabric worn, plastic color rubbed off everywhere) after a year - albeit with 30k miles. Even if one reckons in careless handling it did look worse than any other rental I had - including a lot older ones. Performance was ok but not more - I guess I'm spoiled by my saab turbo... Steering was unremarkable, what was a bit strange was the whole Traction Control, Anti-Skid Brake and Cruise Control unit - see below. Seats and Interior were very uncomfortable for my 6'2" - seats don't go back far enough for sufficient legroom and hard plastic on door and dash hurts legs.

40 mpg average going fast on mainly highway & interstate

Traction Control was not really working - got tires spinning easier than on my Saab which has more horsepower and torque and NO traction control.... Anti Skid Brakes where also not so hot - did skid several times while getting used to the strange brake curve with lots of dead way followed by a sharp brake... Cruise Control has a tendency to accelerate while and after going uphill - normally stops after some seconds but once did continue for at least 15 seconds until I switched it off at 80 mph or so. Cheap Interior, outside scratches and dents easily, very uncomfortable even for moderately tall persons, Controls are at awkward places

The seat is so uncomfortable
By iwishihad

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had this corolla for a year and half with 18,000 miles. the worst about this car is that it hurts your lower back because the front seats are so unconfortable. I'm fit in terms of physical shape. Interiro is very boring and buttons are hard to reach. sound system is okay. engine noise is okay. The handling is little off because if I let go my steering wheel on straight road, it turns to right or left. The acceleration is slow than I anticipated but okay. I get around 30 to 31 MPG on 50/50 hwy and city. Although the meter reads 32.5 but I think it's inaccurate. I also notice a wind noice especially when driving on hwy. I wouldn't recommnad Corolla unless you want your back broken.

Toyota goes cheap while others pony up!
By mhadden1

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned several vehicles over the past 10 years, including several Toyota trucks, but this was the first Toyota car I've purchased for myself. My sister has a 2007 (9th generation) and its fit and finish and build quality and materials are lightyears ahead of the current 10th generation. Toyota seems to have traveled back in time with the 10th generation! Not only are the interior plastics cheap and not soft-to-the-touch, they scratch VERY easily. The dash, doors, center console, and key area are scratched like crazy after 24k miles, even with due care not to scratch them! If it weren't for the poor, cheap interior quality, I would probably have liked this car a little better.

Heated mirrors...that's about it!

Get higher grade plastic materials for the interior, put clock up in radio or cluster (not at the bottom of the center stack), a five speed auto should be the standard in 2010+ vehicles (although I would still prefer a manual [which should be 6-speed]).

Great mileage so far.....
By rangerman7

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

OK. I am the biggest conservative driver that I know. I really keep the rpms down. I have been watching the computer and average miles per gallon. My general rural commute and riding around town so far I have averaged......... 37-38 mpgs!!!!!! I said "aw shucks" when I saw the new Elantra come out with it's 40 mpgs, but with the lifetime drivetrain warranty and 0% financing on my Corolla I still think I made right decision.

Did I mention MPGS?! Looks sharp.

Interior quality IS cheap. Rear seat room increased would be nice for others next year. Better brakes, maybe.

Excellent value, great mileage
By shouravv

2010 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2010 basic Corolla A/T 3 months back and I must say that I am loving it. I was initially considering a Yaris, but the Corolla was just priced well enough for me to switch. I am a city driver and am getting 30mpg average. But when on freeways, staying around 55-60mph gets me over 45mpg easily. The engine gives decent acceleration and the brakes are not touchy, the standard speakers (4) are decent and the dash-board layout is straight-forward, and overall the exterior is respectable.

Low price. I paid $14,700 OTD /w all weather package, rear bumper protector, and carpeted floor mats, and got 0% APR 5yr zero down loan from Toyota. Just for comparison, the new 2011 Elantra would cost me $4k more upfront and at least $2k more in interest (3.95% APR).

Make cruise control and power window/locks standard.

• SUV