Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great mileage so far.....
By rangerman7

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

OK. I am the biggest conservative driver that I know. I really keep the rpms down. I have been watching the computer and average miles per gallon. My general rural commute and riding around town so far I have averaged......... 37-38 mpgs!!!!!! I said "aw shucks" when I saw the new Elantra come out with it's 40 mpgs, but with the lifetime drivetrain warranty and 0% financing on my Corolla I still think I made right decision.

Favorite Features

Did I mention MPGS?! Looks sharp.

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality IS cheap. Rear seat room increased would be nice for others next year. Better brakes, maybe.

Excellent value, great mileage
By shouravv

2010 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2010 basic Corolla A/T 3 months back and I must say that I am loving it. I was initially considering a Yaris, but the Corolla was just priced well enough for me to switch. I am a city driver and am getting 30mpg average. But when on freeways, staying around 55-60mph gets me over 45mpg easily. The engine gives decent acceleration and the brakes are not touchy, the standard speakers (4) are decent and the dash-board layout is straight-forward, and overall the exterior is respectable.

Favorite Features

Low price. I paid $14,700 OTD /w all weather package, rear bumper protector, and carpeted floor mats, and got 0% APR 5yr zero down loan from Toyota. Just for comparison, the new 2011 Elantra would cost me $4k more upfront and at least $2k more in interest (3.95% APR).

Suggested Improvements

Make cruise control and power window/locks standard.

A nice car. Could be better
By howeda7

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my 2010 Corolla S since July 2009. Overall, I have no major complaints. At 17K miles I have only done standard maintenance (and 2 of 3 recalls.) The steering seems fine to me, but I'm guess I'm not one to drive with me knees or one-handed. Acceleration is not special, but who expected it to be? Never had an issue passing anyone when needed, and have looked down to see I was going 80 without realizing it more then once. Exterior look is nice. Did accumulate several scratches quickly, but not sure if that was bad luck or not. Interior is OK. The S model shouldn't have the lint issue (if there is one) due to the sport fabric. The fabric does seem difficult to fully clean though.

Favorite Features

Full display with MPG, miles before fill, etc. is nice. Aux port for BlackBerry/Ipod is nice. Sound system seems fine to me, but I'm not picky about that.

Suggested Improvements

Three recalls, while I had no issues personally, don't make you feel good about long-term value. MPG is disappointing. While 35 MPG on a long trip is easy, it only averages 25-27 in daily commuting. You can subtract 1.5 MPG from what the computer says to get the true #. It inflates the # consistently. The clock not being on the center stack is ridiculous. It did give me an excuse to buy a GPS. The warning alarm when you leave the lights on is WAY too quiet. I have twice been left with a dead battery. While I do have some hearing loss, I literally have to strain to hear it. With automatic headlights, you generally don't have to mess with turning off and on, but there's always rainy days

great gas mileage
By unclogum

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Have 14,000 trouble free miles and never, repeat never got less than 35 mpg. Im 59 and retired so I may look at things a little different , but have owned some 40 cars in my life and this one is a good one. Drove the others in its class and this was tops. They hold their value ( check out Ebay and craigs list) are reliable and easy to go 200,000 miles with. Hard to find a low mileage one for sale. If its value for your dollar this is it.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature is gas mileage. driving in town or highway(just returned from 2300 mile trip Or. to Wy. and back) it is getting 35-36.5 mpg (some of that is doing 75+ mph in Montana. I also like the solid feel , not tinny like the ford that is its counterpart. Also like the fact that when the time comes to let it go it will be worth more than a high priced Volvo of same year. When the gas goes up to 5.00 I'll be glad the other guys are hurting worst than me.

Suggested Improvements

Hmmm. The radio could be better seems that channels arn't as strong as they could be. Better speakers would be useful also. (I drove alot of cross country and my caddy had the best tune box.) Leather seat option would be nice and a little higher roof would make it better for tall folks. If your tall the Nissen Versa would be a better fit.

Insurance
By audrymorg

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove the Toyaota Corolla, loved it. Not to mention the warranty is amazing. It took me 3 weeks to make a finale decision on a new vehicle. I did not go with the Corolla only because my full coverage insurance would double on this vehicle. So please before you buy call your insurance and ask for a insurance quote. That may make your decision for you. I bought a new 2011 Jeep Patriot and my insurance only went up 20.00. Please get a quote first! Tough decision.

Favorite Features

Price

Suggested Improvements

Put some changes in the interior design. Cruise control location and the clock, temp, & mileage should not be all at a push one button.