2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Toyota quality still slipping!
By DAN on 08/19/10 07:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 6th Toyota and the worst of the lot. 3 recalls and several trips to fix broken trim, HVAC problems, engine issues etc. Toyota quality for 2010 is the worst I've seen, heard, or experienced. I think I'm done with Toyota and unless they do a quick turnaround, they are not worth their premium price. The interior design is lame and the HVAC system is laughably ridiculous - a chimp could have come up with a better design. The engine is already getting wheezy and noisy.

Great Ride Great Price
By mpsmith80 on 08/03/10 10:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great. For the lower end LE Model it has a tone of features. It Comes with cruise, traction control, Heated mirrors, 4 speed automatic, Tells you how may miles to an empty tank. For 16,000 I am incredibly happy with what I got. It's a Toyota and it will last forever. The only complaint is the gas mileage. For a smaller car it gets 24 city and 34 hwy. With a small engine and compact size I would expect better.

Looks great, Runs poorly
By alberto on 07/31/10 21:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

When i first bought this car i was really excited because i felt i had upgraded from my 99 Avalon. Now i just wish I would've gone with a honda or mazda. This car has a lot of trouble accelerating as if the car was pulling something. The steering wheel doesn't seem to turn as much as it should. While driving at 65 mph it was difficult to keep car in between lines. This feels unsafe and worse than my 96 accord. It's infuriating that Toyota would build a car this way as oppose to stepping up their game after all they been going through. The car looks great but id rather drive a car 14 years older.

Better cars available than the Corolla
By Vijay on 07/30/10 08:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Toyota of Dallas has great Customer Relations, Service, and New Car Sales. I'm satisfied with them. I am not satisfied with this car. My commute is 6 miles local one-way. I average 22-23 mpg. The steering is stiff, there is a huge driver side blind spot, tire noise is very noticeable, the ABS engages even at low speeds and makes a whirring sound. Cornering and braking doesn't inspire confidence. Acceleration is jerky. Interior is cheap quality with lots of plastic. Look at the flimsy rear cup holders! I wish the headrests and armrests were softer. Lastly my change holder broke already after two months and I didn't use it once. I like the mud flaps, rear bumper protector, cargo net and tray.

2010 Corolla S
By Ed on 07/29/10 17:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am pretty happy. I drove so much that it paid to trade in my other car for one with high MPG. The exterior is an improvement from the previous generation. It also has the XRS odometer. I also got a lifetime powertrain warranty. Its a 100 dollar deductible, but I figure in 5 or 6 years I'll have 200K miles and get a new engine and transmission under warranty.

It was fine for me!
By 2handsonwheel on 07/28/10 13:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

There's a bandwagon going on re:electric power steering stuff, that I myself felt strange at first. But after reading through complaints @ highway safety website and test drive one on a freeway, I think I could get used to the new technology and guess what? I did! There are lots of complaints about having to "put two hands" while going over 50+ miles and paying attention to the road all the time but HELLO? You have to anyway! It's not the car, it's you who are not following proper rules of driving at high speed. If that's too tiresome, perhaps one should hire a limo driver. Sorry for my rant but I found eps is just different and if you don't' like it, you should consider other cheap car.

Excellent Choice
By jessica sanchez on 07/22/10 10:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! Customer service was excellent! Car has great features, econimical, and reliable, but also fun to drive. Nice, quiet and very comfortable to ride in. This is my second corolla and everything is great!

I love my car!
By atardi on 07/19/10 09:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the best one I've ever had. It's built nice and it looks nice. This car drives smoothly and its way to good on gas. I had an 1997 mazda protege and if you know that car its a lot smaller than the toyota i have now, but that car spent double on gas than what my Toyota Corolla 2010 does and the miles i put is what i have driven so far in 6 months. Oh and at stadium Toyota they treat you so great even after you have already purchased the car.

2010 Toyota Corolla
By Jen on 07/12/10 21:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I LOVE this car! Customer Service was EXCELLENT in Wilmington, NC. Every questions imaginable was answered. Very Very Thorough. Drives great. Good features. Comfortable able to move the seats and steering wheel. highly recommend!

2010 Toyota corolla S
By angel on 07/06/10 13:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I recently bought a Toyota s, at first sight I loved it but when I put it to the test and decided to step on the gas it was like if some thing was holding me back or if the car was too heavy. I would try to pass up cars but the poor acceleration made it difficult. Also the handbrake doesn't perform as well as I thought it would.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Corolla in NJ is:

$194 per month*