Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 204 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

MagLuk
By magluk

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

So I wrote a review two years ago right when I bought the 2010 Corolla. A lot has changed and only for the worse. When I'm on the highway it sounds like there is something retelling around the roof, and I'm getting the feeling like the roof will fall off, it happens more on a windy day, also the car is starting to jerk when I'm in drive at 40mph trying to go faster. The car also has a problem with pick up when I want to accelerate and switch lanes. Over all I'm getting scared of driving this car, and I'm thinking of trading it in, not for another Toyota, I believer they are getting to expensive and the quality is going down hill. The dealer always has excuses on not looking in to this mater.

Well not any more, I had fun driving it at one point but now it's scary.

Well fix the retelling and jerking on the car and most of the problems go away. Don't price your vehicles so high it's only a Corolla and 18K + is to much. People will turn away from Toyota because they are getting to expensive and cheep with their material.

Disappointed
By windgrace

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2010 Corolla with 9500 miles on it for $15k last summer. It's been a horrible experience. On the drive home a rattle appeared above the driver's side window. I had to take the car down to the dealership once every week regarding the rattle, and they alternated between "It's fixed" to "We can't hear anything." Finally after 2 months they finally found the side air bag was messed up. I have numerous rattles in the headliner, still. The car is eating up tires, as well. Might be suspension issues, but I'm sick of dealing with the dealership. Hoping to trade it in for a new Civic, soon. Will never buy Toyota again. And on top of all of this, the interior materials are horrible!

Quiet ride, Easy to Park, Comfortable

Where to start: Better interior plastics. At least a 5-speed transmission. Location of the clock is absolutely bizarre. Seat fabric is cheap and attracts lint. Toyota needs to up it's quality control and make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight. The rattles in this thing is unacceptable at 19k miles.

Exterior parts Built Like LEGO not CARs
By gmei

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had Corolla 2010 S model since 03/2011. Bought it brand new. After a year, I may have ran over the pot holes but that affected the rear bumper. During freeway trip, the two sides of rear bumpers opened up like two wings!!! It was so dangerous. I finally bang on those and got them to snap in place like legos, very flimpsy. When I took my car the the dealer folloowing day, they said it's not warrantied because running over pot holes shifted the rear bumper (lego out of place). My Godh!! This is car and it should be
nuts and bolt in place not plastic snap in place like LEGOS!!! It's not safe to be riding on these corollas. Prior to 2008 corollas are good but the later models are cheap!!!

Need to use more Nuts and Bolts. Cheap exterior parts that fit together like LEGOS need to go!!! They cheat to make car lighter and yield better gas mileage but not safe at all.

Great Car for the Money
By objectivejoe

2010 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car maintains great 30+ MPG even with a full load of groceries, kids and a dog (don't ask how we do do it).

Oil changes are the only maintenance we have done to it since we bought in 2010.

Very reliable.

MPG, Reliability, Great in the Snow (with the right tires)

Power windows and locks to the base model.

Good car
By w0by

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Corolla back in October.
I've had 30+ mpg since I bought it, which makes me really happy.
Now that it's been warming up I've been getting an average of 32.8mpg.
I'm happy with that.
I actually test drove quite a few cars, and kinda was always telling myself my next car would be a Hyundai Elantra.
I actually really liked the feel of this car when I drove it, so I bought this car.
I was reading the consumer reviews of the new 2012 Elantra and real life mpg isn't any better than my car.

gas mileage, nice to drive.

interior quality a little cheap, I hear creaking in the rear window, front window and ceiling. Very odd.