2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Worst experience
By Unavailable on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Majority of the time i go over a speed bump, sewer, and even pot holes there is a loud disturbing girding noise took it to the dealership and "observed normal operation" still to this day i have continued with this argument and nothing. Just today i drove over small bumps and had my foot on the brakes and still kept going.. Very UNRELIABLE! Worked for this car for 3 Years to get this. An accident is waiting to happen before they help.

Not perfect, but very good overall
By Maurice on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2010 S model for a year, and am very happy with it overall. First of all, the gas mileage is awesome. I have a 5 speed, and if the MPG monitor is right, I can get about 38-39 MPG on the highway. I average 35 on a whole tank of gas. The styling is great. Nice aggressive lowering of the front end, and the ground effects and spoiler make it look much better than the standard models. Interior is nice. There is a lot of plastic components. A few negatives, although minor. Could use back seat pockets. The fabric is loosely attached. One issue I've experienced with the radio is during cold weather, the volume knob will not work. The interior needs to warm up first.

A Truly Wonderful Car
By Jessica on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this car. I can't believe some of the comments on here saying anything but positive things. I have driven many cars in my life and this car is very impressive to me especially for the price. It handles like a dream, gets great gas mileage and is extremely quiet. I find it very smooth and with enough power even with the auto transmission and roomy enough for 4 adults. Trunk space is good and the seats fold down. I love the steering on this and don't have any issues with that as some others have said. It's a power assisted system which is common on most of today's cars especially luxury cars like Lexus. Great car for highway driving also. All around quality choice.

Disappointed with Toyota Corolla
By Gindelm7 on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I knew I was buying a very cheap car that would get great gas mileage. However, I guess that it would be marginally better than my low expectations. Gas is Good, but not what was on the sticker. I'm at around 28 mpg. Tires show excessive wear at only 10,000 miles. And car will not start sometimes. Had it to the Toyota dealer and they can't find the problem. They will however sell me additional services that are not requested. I should have bought the Elantra!

Interior Material is linty
By Billie Barrett on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I read where someone else wrote about the interior material having the lint problem. I am too and feel the fabric choice is very cheap feeling and should have been a higher quality. Unfortunately, I didn't notice it until I bought the car I am very disappointed in the gas mileage because I'm only getting 28 when I thought I would get over 30 easy.

Twenty Thousand Dollar Motor
By Rebecca Davis on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car feels unsafe over 55 MPH on the interstate. The seats are so firm on a long trip you are so uncomfortable from the seats being hard. The interior is the cheapest I have ever seen in any small car. The inside dash and door material are the cheapest plastics I have ever seen in a car. The trunk will not open with the inside release or key every time, taken it to the dealer twice still not fixed, road noise is awful. You live and learn,I will never buy a Toyota product again. I paid $20,000 dollars for a motor that uses less gas other than that the rest is one of the cheapest made small cars I have ever seen, mine is a 2010 Corolla with 10,200 miles on it.

Excellent
By XIOMI CARRERA on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I were very happy and pleased with the performance of the salesman. No pressure was done on his behalf. The driving was excellent, and would recommend to others.

Interior problem
By Sandy Rohtstein on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought the 2010 LE corolla, car performance and style looks great. We have a major issue that nobody wants to address. Toyota says you bought it now live with it. Please analyze this problem the interior material on all seats have tons of lint every time somebody sits in it. The material is very poor quality. Does anyone else have this problem? Please do a review on this subject. Defect or not?

Great Car Corolla S auto. no moonroof
By ant on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car from dealer in GA for $16,300 included tax/dealer fee. Great car, very reliable just have 100 miles on it.

Excellent Budget Purchase
By Phil T on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a high mileage, sporty, reliable commuter, this is the car for you. I went through 3 months of research on the Honda Civic, Mazda 3, and this car. For the money, my needs as a 70 mile commuter a day, Toyota reliability. The decision was easily made. I love the look of the car looks much better than the smiley Mazda or the alien looking Civic. Some notes to those that read other peoples review. The suspension is sport tuned so the steering is a little light at first but with a little break in the steering is more weighted and is easy to drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Corolla in VA is:

$114 per month*