Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Good car!
By MJ

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the 2010 Corolla. It is the LE version. Not spectacular, but it is a Corolla, what do you expect? One thing I have noticed is that at half a tank of fuel I have 283 miles - no joke. I had a Tundra before, so I know how to baby and engine. Use the average miles pg display that continuously updates. You will notice that you can very easily keep it in the 40's or more. I am getting 34 miles per gallon combined. It is possible, just don't waste your time accelerating a 4 cylinder. I felt safer in the Tundra, but I prefer the fact that it gets over twice the mileage of the Tundra and that saves a couple hundred in gas a month.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Cruise control. Auto mirrors; and other basic stuff.

Suggested Improvements

I just noticed that the dome light doesn't come on when the doors open, and that is the first time I have been in a car that the interior lights didn't come on. I looked in the manual and they don't in this version. hmm.

Great mileage so far.....
By rangerman7

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

OK. I am the biggest conservative driver that I know. I really keep the rpms down. I have been watching the computer and average miles per gallon. My general rural commute and riding around town so far I have averaged......... 37-38 mpgs!!!!!! I said "aw shucks" when I saw the new Elantra come out with it's 40 mpgs, but with the lifetime drivetrain warranty and 0% financing on my Corolla I still think I made right decision.

Favorite Features

Did I mention MPGS?! Looks sharp.

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality IS cheap. Rear seat room increased would be nice for others next year. Better brakes, maybe.

Disappointed
By windgrace

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2010 Corolla with 9500 miles on it for $15k last summer. It's been a horrible experience. On the drive home a rattle appeared above the driver's side window. I had to take the car down to the dealership once every week regarding the rattle, and they alternated between "It's fixed" to "We can't hear anything." Finally after 2 months they finally found the side air bag was messed up. I have numerous rattles in the headliner, still. The car is eating up tires, as well. Might be suspension issues, but I'm sick of dealing with the dealership. Hoping to trade it in for a new Civic, soon. Will never buy Toyota again. And on top of all of this, the interior materials are horrible!

Favorite Features

Quiet ride, Easy to Park, Comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Where to start: Better interior plastics. At least a 5-speed transmission. Location of the clock is absolutely bizarre. Seat fabric is cheap and attracts lint. Toyota needs to up it's quality control and make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight. The rattles in this thing is unacceptable at 19k miles.

I love my corolla!
By povd

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am going to give a completely honest and unbiased review since I have never owned a Toyota before. So I drive 15 mins on the highway to get to work. I wanted something that is reliable, fuel efficent, fun to drive, and still looks good. I love my Corolla. When I drove it off the lot, I was feeling like I made the wrong decision, but as I kept driving it, I fell in looove :] I have a 2006 BMW M3 Convertible as a summer car and it is very easy to go from that to this corolla. No problem. The fuel economy is awesome. 40 bucks to fill and I get 500-570 KM's on a tank that lasts 10-12 days. And the seats are comfortable for me. But yeah i have quite a few paint chips but oh well. It's plastic.

Favorite Features

Great fuel economy, reliable,stylish, fun to drive, quiet on the road, AUX for your ipod, sound system is good, comfortable seats, sunroof, navigation, push button start

Suggested Improvements

When accelerating my traction control kicks in which is annoying when trying to make a turn when you see a small opening. Prone to paint chips. Steering pulls slightly.

So far so good
By taram21

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my certified 2010 Corolla about 2 months ago with 36000 miles on it.This was defiantly not my first choice when searching for a new car but it was in my price range and I thought it was cute so I went ahead. I drive 80 miles round trip to work every day and so far it's been great. However I do have a few complaints. The seats are not comfortable at all! They also collect lint like another review said. The interior is really boring in my opinion and it is really hard to see the clock. Overall it is cute and fun but I wish I had waited and found something better