2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
One sweet ride
By DWS on 07/15/09 04:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car has all the safety features as standard equipment and that was important to me. The ride is very quiet, road noise, almost non- existent. This coupled with the roominess and comfort make you think you are in a larger sedan. As a commuter car, the size is just right and the gas mileage very good. I have been buying Toyotas since 1984, and this is my third Corolla. They just keep getting better.

Going from a Truck to a Sedan
By ELS on 07/07/09 17:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a car with good gas mileage and reliability. I drove a 1997 Ford F-150 for several years, and the gas and maintenance was putting a dent in my checkbook. I researched and test drove 3 cars: Honda Fit, Hyundai Elantra, and the Toyota Corolla. All fit into my price range of 15000-19000. It was close between the Hyundai and Toyota, but I chose the Corolla. It came down to reliability and dependability. Plus, they're both priced about the same. I've had my Corolla LE (keyless entry and cruise control) for about a week. This was my first time purchasing a car and I order through Carsdirect.com because I didn't want to deal with hassling. I got a good deal; paid 16.2.

So far so good
By mattyxl on 07/02/09 12:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased my Corolla S in early June, it came down to the Corolla or the Lancer GTS. It came down to mileage, I drive 80 miles per day so the Toyota was just more sensible. So far I have gotten 37 hwy, awesome. Interior is very comfortable as I am a bigger guy. W/o the spoiler the corolla's look is as boring as it gets but with the S add ons it looks pretty cool. The ride is pretty smooth, not too much outside noise. The engine really has no pickup however. There are some odd placements of the cruise and side view mirror controls. Overall I really feel I made the correct purchase.

You don't need a spoiler with a 1.8
By KB on 06/04/09 13:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have driven this S Corolla for about a week and have owned 98 and 90 Corollas. The gas mileage is around 40 on the open road, so it's going to do what a Corolla is supposed to do. The road noise level is acceptable and does not interfere with the radio. The interior has plenty of room, if you like to ride with your arm on the door it will be uncomfortable because it is farther away. If the 2.4 engine was standard instead of the 1.8 there would be less down shifting with cruise on when going up hills which is more frequent than it should be with the 1.8 engine. Electronic assisted steering seems to wander a bit, maybe a sensitivity issue or alignment? All in all I did buy it for the gas use.

A Great Car
By JDR on 05/30/09 21:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have put 1200 miles on this car and I love it. I looked at several similar cars and it came down between the Corolla S and the Civic EX. I have driven a 95 EX for fifteen years and it has done an excellent job. Being 6’ tall I need good legroom. I drove 3 new EX’s, a very good car but who decided to put the park brake handle where my knee rest, this was unacceptable. The legroom Corolla S is fine the seats feel great. The mileage has been 36, 37 and 38 MPG, wished it was 48. I read that some did not like the electric steering, but I think it is fine. I also drive a Miata, the Corolla just goes where I point it and does not wander. Bought this 2010 at dealer invoice, no extra fees.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Corolla in VA is:

$114 per month*