2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Best BANG for the buck!
By azghsthntr on 05/24/12 08:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 Nissan Xterra for a 2010 Toyota Corolla for $13.2 with 39k miles two weeks ago. I wasn't too excited about it at first as I love trucks, but going from filling up every four days to once a week, I cant beat that! I am averaging about 32 mpg with 90% freeway driving. The digital dash options to view avg mpg, temp, time, and current mpg is nice. A/C blows excellent which is a must in this Arizona heat. Radio sound is nice. Motor runs strong for this little four banger. Interior looks and feels cheap, but I can sacrifice that for a more dependable engine any day of the week! We will be taking it for our first road trip this Memorial Day, should be fun and nice drive.

MagLuk
By magluk on 05/22/12 06:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

So I wrote a review two years ago right when I bought the 2010 Corolla. A lot has changed and only for the worse. When I'm on the highway it sounds like there is something retelling around the roof, and I'm getting the feeling like the roof will fall off, it happens more on a windy day, also the car is starting to jerk when I'm in drive at 40mph trying to go faster. The car also has a problem with pick up when I want to accelerate and switch lanes. Over all I'm getting scared of driving this car, and I'm thinking of trading it in, not for another Toyota, I believer they are getting to expensive and the quality is going down hill. The dealer always has excuses on not looking in to this mater.

Disappointed
By windgrace on 05/06/12 07:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2010 Corolla with 9500 miles on it for $15k last summer. It's been a horrible experience. On the drive home a rattle appeared above the driver's side window. I had to take the car down to the dealership once every week regarding the rattle, and they alternated between "It's fixed" to "We can't hear anything." Finally after 2 months they finally found the side air bag was messed up. I have numerous rattles in the headliner, still. The car is eating up tires, as well. Might be suspension issues, but I'm sick of dealing with the dealership. Hoping to trade it in for a new Civic, soon. Will never buy Toyota again. And on top of all of this, the interior materials are horrible!

Exterior parts Built Like LEGO not CARs
By gmei on 04/16/12 15:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had Corolla 2010 S model since 03/2011. Bought it brand new. After a year, I may have ran over the pot holes but that affected the rear bumper. During freeway trip, the two sides of rear bumpers opened up like two wings!!! It was so dangerous. I finally bang on those and got them to snap in place like legos, very flimpsy. When I took my car the the dealer folloowing day, they said it's not warrantied because running over pot holes shifted the rear bumper (lego out of place). My Godh!! This is car and it should be nuts and bolt in place not plastic snap in place like LEGOS!!! It's not safe to be riding on these corollas. Prior to 2008 corollas are good but the later models are cheap!!!

Great Car for the Money
By objectivejoe on 04/14/12 05:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car maintains great 30+ MPG even with a full load of groceries, kids and a dog (don't ask how we do do it). Oil changes are the only maintenance we have done to it since we bought in 2010. Very reliable.

Good car
By w0by on 03/31/12 09:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Corolla back in October. I've had 30+ mpg since I bought it, which makes me really happy. Now that it's been warming up I've been getting an average of 32.8mpg. I'm happy with that. I actually test drove quite a few cars, and kinda was always telling myself my next car would be a Hyundai Elantra. I actually really liked the feel of this car when I drove it, so I bought this car. I was reading the consumer reviews of the new 2012 Elantra and real life mpg isn't any better than my car.

Loving my used corolla
By qtcountrybo on 03/14/12 20:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Got tired of $75 fill ups and bad mpg's from my pick up so I traded it in on my 2010 Corolla. Love the $30 fill up and 35 mpg. The car is very easy to live with and very simple to use. I reliezed this the second day I had it when I jumped in, cranked it up and was flipping through the radio all without even thinking about what I was doing. Normally it takes a few days to get use to a new car but not this one. Its comfortable, quiet and very realiable. Its no sports car or powerhouse but then again, if thats what I wanted then I would have bought one.

low mileage
By lhecorolla on 02/01/12 07:41 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have it since 2010. I'm driving 80% - 90% on highway, around 70mph, usually full load, 4 persons. Now, it shows only 30mpg when I add gas. I've been watching in different weather, hot/warm/cool, it is around there. The meter in the car stills shows 36mpg which I don't understand. Can someone tell me why? how to improve it?

Engine Malfunction (Internal malfunction in the throttle body assembly)
By prabhu2 on 01/17/12 12:25 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had really bad experience with Toyota Corolla 2010. When I was driving, all of a sudden I felt that my steering wheel was tightened up and very hard to turn. Lights on my dashboard (ABS, ENGINE MALFUNCTION/CHECK ENGINE INDICATOR, BREAK, VSC OFF) were lightened up and my car came to a total stop after about 3 minutes. I was very scared as I had my baby and family in the car when this happened. I tried starting my car several times but it failed to respond. I towed the car to the local dealer.The dealership people got back to me saying there was an internal malfunction in the throttle body assembly. They fixed and I took back the car and I put another 100 miles and again the same incident ha

So far, so good
By chuckrussell on 01/15/12 06:19 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have been very pleased so far. Reliable transportation and averaging 37 mpgs! Wish I could have afforded a camry, though.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan in VA is:

$114 per month*