Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Love my Sleek and Sporty Corolla S!
By thill357

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Being that this is my first car, I don't have much experience on owing other cars, but I can tell you that I truly love this sporty Corolla S! The exterior looks sharp with the alloy wheels, fog lights, spoiler; it completes the package! The black cloth interior with the super bright and sporty gauges are awesome! The black interior is much better then the tan LE cloth. The only thing I don't really like is where the digital clock is located. It really makes you take your eyes off the road. The engine has enough pep to get you moving; not crazy fast nor super slow. I have also been averaging 35mpg! Can't beat that! I would reccomend this vehicle to anyone! A great and reliable Toyota!

Sporty looks, fog lights, spoiler, sunroof, black cloth interior, heated outside mirrors, optitron gauges, large trunk, AUX input jack, MPG, quietness, large back seat, bullet proof reliabilty.

The only thing I would change on this vehicle would be the location of the digital clock. Maybe some where higher up on the dashboard.

I love my corolla!
By povd

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am going to give a completely honest and unbiased review since I have never owned a Toyota before. So I drive 15 mins on the highway to get to work. I wanted something that is reliable, fuel efficent, fun to drive, and still looks good. I love my Corolla. When I drove it off the lot, I was feeling like I made the wrong decision, but as I kept driving it, I fell in looove :] I have a 2006 BMW M3 Convertible as a summer car and it is very easy to go from that to this corolla. No problem. The fuel economy is awesome. 40 bucks to fill and I get 500-570 KM's on a tank that lasts 10-12 days. And the seats are comfortable for me. But yeah i have quite a few paint chips but oh well. It's plastic.

Great fuel economy, reliable,stylish, fun to drive, quiet on the road, AUX for your ipod, sound system is good, comfortable seats, sunroof, navigation, push button start

When accelerating my traction control kicks in which is annoying when trying to make a turn when you see a small opening. Prone to paint chips. Steering pulls slightly.

Fun little car
By al0751

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My parents helped me buy this car used when my truck started costing too much money for inspection each year. While I started out a truck man, and still am to this day, I love my car to death. It is very fun to drive. I get excited to drive it even several months after I bought it. The 5 speed is nice, however there are a few quirks with mine. The clutch pedal squeaks (quite loud when the windows are down and at a standstill), and the shifter also squeaks when I am shifting into first and second gears. Also, sometimes the back window rattles when the radio is on (volume and bass are both not very loud and it still vibrates). Overall, I love the car and will keep it until it dies

I love the amount of power this little 4 cylinder engine can make. If you need to, this thing will fly if in a low enough gear. It is easy to go from 40 to 60 mph getting onto the highway in just a few seconds if the car is in third gear. I also love the gas mileage I get out of this car. I have a heavy foot when it comes to driving. I get quite impatient waiting to get up to speed, so I generally accelerate pretty good, shifting around 4k rpms, and I still reliably get 35mpg combined. I calculate the mpg and compare it to what the car says, and the car generally says between 36-39, while I have gotten anywhere from 33-36mpg. Great car, great mileage, looks good, and really fun to drive

There isn't too much to complain about with this car. My only wishes was that there was more power (although you really can't ask for that from a 4 cylinder), and for the rear window to not vibrate when I turn music on. Other than that, I have no complaints.

The Spartan of the economy cars.
By stinkymcdugan

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is not a sports car, nor is it a luxury car. It's a compact car that happens to be fun to drive and efficent. If your buying this car to race it your buying the wrong car. If your expecting this to ride like a caddy, your likely to be disappointed. If your buying the car to commute to work, and pickup the groceries this is a great car. It is predictable, it manuevers well, it is easy on gas, and it isn't likely to break down. This car will doesn't depreciate as quickly as the rest of the competition. It's not as flashy as some of the others either. The corolla is a spartan car. It does the job well, my last corolla had 340K and still didn't miss a beat.

fuel economy predictability cabin space affordabilty

I would like to see the clock integrated into the stereo. I believe subtle changes to the interior panels would make the car more appealing. Toyota should run synthetic in these models to make the frequency of oil changes less demanding.

Overall Garbage
By wicked31036

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Got this as a hand me down three weeks ago with 32,000 miles. Ride is terrible. I feel every pebble in the road. Traction control stunts hard/quick acceleration at all speeds. Steering wonders at high speed. Cheap interior quality, the plastics rattle. Wind noise is bad. Cheap feel overall. Dealer has to do certain customizable feature for you. My 2005 Civic with 183,000 miles was better in every way. Including MPG. (Note: I never changed the shocks and only did routine maintenance on it) And this car does not have as much room as the Civic. Civic all the way.

The windows don’t fog up easily. Better A/C than the Civic. Plenty of cubby holes for storage. Have not had any major problems yet.

Beef up build quality. Take traction control out. Use a mechanical linkage for steering. Work to improve MPG to par with competitors. Improve suspension.