2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
First non-American car
By cburg on 09/24/09 14:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car after our 99 Ford Taurus was eating up our bank account. Overall my wife and I love the car, we drove the Civic and the Sentra. The Toyota had the best ride and options for the money. This car takes the bumps very well. As far as mpg after 3 weeks we are getting 22 mpg. My wife mainly drives the car and she is only 7 miles from work. We drove the LE and didn't like the interior - very plain, not a lot of options. The S model has a lot of nice stuff in it. Does not come with floor mats! 130.00 - that's outrageous.

Traveling FL guy
By Jay on 09/24/09 03:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my car in while traveling to Maryland. After all the dealer tried to pick pocket me, I ended up pick pocketing them. I got the car for right at the TMV price and it's awesome! The car seems to drift to the left a little not sure if it's the crown in the roads or what. I am now in Maryland and nothing is flat here so hard to tell if the alignment is off or tire low. Great car, mileage is close to what sticker says. I averaged 80mph and got 35-36 mpg. I love the fuel economy.

XLE - Cushy Smooth Quiet Car Commuter
By wirelesslink on 09/18/09 19:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

There are several cars to choose from if you still want to sprint on city streets, race in-out of lanes on the freeway and drive canyon roads, but most/all are very noisy, rougher riding, less refined overall and get low mpg. If you want a very quiet, smoother-riding, high mpg commuter or cruiser, at a reasonable price the XLE is a great choice. The engine/auto trans is silky smooth and pulls away from a stop smoothly, not with a jump. With windows closed, auto climate control-set, and your favorite music playing thru the JBL system, your music mutes on incoming/outgoing calls over Bluetooth linked to your phone, controlled by steering wheel controls. A nice ride in a smaller car.

40 MPG and very pleasant to drive
By Old Dude on 09/18/09 11:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This was a Cash-for-clunkers deal. My former car was a loaded 91 Cadillac, so you might imagine an awkward transition, but I love it. The car is quiet, accelerates well enough, easy and pleasant to drive. The S in a dark gray, clearcoat, with tinted windows looks pretty sharp, not that much different than the little Lexus. First drive of 200 miles on the highway hit 40.7 MPG! I get 30 around town. Seats 4 adults very comfortably. Fold down back seats added versatility. Sound system is quite adequate with the 6 speakers. For the price, and I really shopped around, there is nothing I could find to match with such fuel economy. No hint of the weird steering issues others mentioned.

2010 Toyota Corolla
By Texas on 09/16/09 20:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Traded with cash for clunkers . Looked at Mazda 3 , Honda Fit, Toyota XB. Came back to the Corolla. Trunk good size for small car. Quieter then cars in its same class. Agree with others about the clock being moved to radio and the left foot rest is poorly placed. Great commuter car and the S model is very sporty .

Was satisfied, but now skeptical
By Justine on 09/10/09 09:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I recently bought the 2010 Corolla in July, and I am amazed with the fuel efficiency. I just took my car into the dealership for its first oil change. The dealership informed me that a recalled part had to be replaced in my car. When I drove my car home, I noticed this high pitched noise coming from the left front end. The noise occurs when I accelerate, especially at speeds greater than 60mph. I also notice that it occurs when I'm in cruise control. When I took my car back, they couldn't figure out the problem, even after 3 test drives. They initially thought that wind was causing the noise, so they replaced some molding. I still hear the noise.

Good, Reliable Buy
By JP on 09/05/09 06:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We love Toyota in my family. I have owned my Corolla S for two weeks and am getting 33.5 mpg, which is what I was looking for. I was looking for a sporty look and the spoiler and sunroof of the Corolla S was the best I could get for the money. Not fond of the boxy look and the sport fabric of the seats which shows every spot. Love the visibility of the front window, the roomy feel, big trunk, data of mpg, and smooth ride. Do not like the placement of center arm rest which is too far back and center cupholder built only for a travel mug. I'm getting used to the odd placement of the clock and the illogical shifting direction. Overall, very happy with this purchase.

Gas mileage
By rkbeemer on 08/29/09 05:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! The mileage has been shocking... 25 city right on the button, but the highway has been an unbelievable 45.7 miles per gallon @ 65 miles per hour on cruise. I love this car!

One tankful so far
By Dr Deuce on 08/27/09 18:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just got 37+mpg on the 1st tankful of gas. Like others, I am starting to notice the wander. Maybe needs more caster on the front end. It seems peppy enough for a 4. It does have a 4 cyl mild buzz during acceleration. I like the D to 3 shifter and it shifts quickly when asked using that. The door armrest seems to be a little unusual. Cup holder in the center will not accept bigger cups. It is quiet. The radio does have some bass 'boom' to it with some music. MOVE THE CLOCK TO THE RADIO! This is my 1st Toyota.

Corolla From Clunker
By Mark90250 on 08/21/09 14:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in my 4Runner for the CARS rebate and bought the 2010 Corolla. I have to say from where I was it's like driving a Cadillac. I commute in the some of the worst traffic there is on interstate 405 in the Los Angeles area. Counting the commute and on my third tank of gas I am averaging 32.8 MPG. Stop and go traffic all the way home. The sound system is good but turns to great using my iPod through the standard auxiliary input. The front seats are comfortable enough, though headroom is tight even for me at 5 ft 10". Nevertheless it's an enjoyable commute. The ride is smooth and the steering is not stiff as I have read elsewhere. All in all...Very nice.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan in WA is:

$142 per month*