2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Great reliable small car
By JClyde on 10/30/09 12:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We shopped around quite a while for a "recession car" and finally arrived at the 2010 Corolla LE. We traded in a Jaguar for it. At first going from a Jag to a Corolla may seem like car shock, but my wife really loves the Corolla. The Corolla boasts a nice ride for a small car. The steering and handling feels safe and secure but not especially "sporty", but that doesn't bother us. The car is surprisingly quiet and gas mileage is ridiculously good. For a small car I'm impressed. The ride can't compete with an upscale car, but then again an upscale car can't compete with the Corolla's combination of practicality, low price and great gas mileage. We're VERY happy and highly recommend this car.

Bad design on wipers
By Fix on 10/29/09 14:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have an 07 Tundra , and an 06 corolla, and just purchased the 10 corolla. I have 500km and I cannot drive it in the rain. The wiper design stinks. The little wiper blade puts the rain water back in front of your face on the driver side. You lose vision in the rain and the snow.

The Sporty Corolla S is a Joy to Drive
By Susie from Texas on 10/28/09 21:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my fifth Toyota purchase. I have never had any mechanical problems with any of my cars. I value dependability and Toyota delivers. I downsized from an Avalon XL to the much-smaller Corolla, and I don't regret my decision. My gas mileage is terrific and I can whip into the tightest of parking spaces with ease. The redesigned Corolla S is very attractive and it is a joy to drive.

Decent Car
By BillZ on 10/26/09 09:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Overall it is not a bad car to drive. The transmission is really smooth and the car provides enough power for most drivers in this segment. Steering is electric and feels every bit of it; that is okay for some but not others. This is my first Toyota and I have to say I'm left underwhelmed. It's bland which is Toyota, but my car has not been "reliable". The interior dash rattles due to hard plastics it seems, had to take it in for the recall, fix a loose bracket on the muffler, and replace the front struts - all with under 8000KMS on it, and the bumper half came off when it brushed up against a curb. I don't suggest not buying it, but Toyota's quality might be slipping with this one.

Steering a problem
By Ron on 10/26/09 05:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 2008 Corolla and loved it. The steering and vibration problems with this model are a real problem. I've taken it back twice and the dealer isn't interested in the problem. Now I know why... they can't fix it!

Love This Car
By carebear77 on 10/23/09 11:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for 10 weeks and 4K miles. It was a big change from the Nissan Altima I've been driving for 10 years. Straight city driving gets 25-28mpg. Long road trips on the hwy get 33-38mpg. At 60mph, I get 38mpg: At 80mph, I get more like 33mpg. I notice the computer mileage shows about 2mpg higher than the figures I get the old fashioned way. I've stated the old-fashioned fill-up and calculate method. My husband is 6ft3in, and loves this car. He fits very well in the interior, and even the backseat isn't too bad. 2 children with booster seats fit nicely in the back. We love this sporty S model, much more so than we would have a standard model.

2010 Corolla LE
By HMS on 10/19/09 11:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new Corolla! I average 36mpg. I really searched for a car with great mpg that was affordable too. The LE has all the features I wanted. The radio is good, interior is roomy and comfortable. Excellent choice! Toyota really does a great job making cars for petite people! Thank you!

Seems just fine so far
By Andrea on 10/08/09 20:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

So far I am enjoying the new Corolla. My last car was a 2000 Subaru wagon that died an untimely death; with only 170K I was hoping to get at least 8 more years out of it. However, the LE is far more luxurious than the Subaru. It seems to handle well despite the narrower wheelbase, the mileage (averaging 40MPG) is phenomenal & the car reasonably versatile for a sedan. The car has decent pickup (important in insane Atlanta traffic) and is stable on the highway. It's very comfortable on a long commute (anywhere from 35 minutes to three hours), & I can pack two Goldens and a Labrakita in it with ease if I have enough stinky tuna treats.

Steering
By Aqua Girl on 09/25/09 12:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Wow, I thought it was just me but reading what others say the steering is kinda weird. I hate the small sun visors and not much tint on the window. We did get leather seats and the touring package which was added by the dealer. I think the car is low to the ground and I prefer my Quest over this any day. Not much leg room in the back to my liking, but great for kids. It's perfect for commuting not much else. The sound system is okay, not the best.

Best Car I Own
By James on 09/24/09 19:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When deciding which car to have secondary to a 2010 Camaro, (which isn't that fuel efficient) I always thought about getting a Corolla. After test driving an "S" model, I realized some improvements needed to be made in the power-steering sector as well as in the overall power. What the "S" model couldn't deliver, the "XRS" did. With the 2.4L engine, I could actually feel more power when accelerating which was surprising @ 158 hp, as well as the designated "European Tuned Suspension and Steering". The car is a great choice for people who want a deceivingly powerful compact sedan that is fuel efficient and delivers a great ride. The only cons are the left footrest & a mediocre interior.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan in VA is:

$114 per month*