2010 Toyota Corolla Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2010 Corolla Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Sort Reviews by

Vibrates like a 20 year old car
By Delsher Sino

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I do not want you to make the same mistake, even though I bought brand new 2010 car, the car vibrates like a 20 year old car, you can feel the vibration in the steering wheel, doors, seats. I told the dealer about the vibration and his answer was that all Toyota corolla vibrates and that I am not driving BMW.

Moving down or up?
By ExMR2

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just totaled a 2001 MR2 Spyder and bought a new 2010 corolla S instead. I have driven normal corolla and wasn't expecting much out of the S model, but I was surprised. It was well rounded and much nicer. It is not by any means fast, but it does way better than you would expect a 132hp sedan to do. Overall the look is great, awesome gas mileage, and an unbelievably good interior for the price I paid (which I got one hell of a deal). If you are looking at one but the name "corolla" scares you off, give it a shot anyway, you might be surprised.

Favorite Features

Interior Creature comforts for the price. I'm moving from an MR2 Spdyer...so this thing is super comfy, quiet, smooth, and has a great sound system at this cost.

Suggested Improvements

Come on guys...no extra power than the normal corolla? I believe it is geared differently, but 10 or so horse power would have been nice.

Bread and Butter Car
By Grandpa

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After many test drives, I narrowed the field to the Kia Forte and the Toyota Corolla. I judged the Corolla's seats to be more comfortable, and that's very important and very personal. Overall, the Corolla is quite competent and well mannered. It's quiet on the highway. It is sufficiently peppy, and handles well. Between the seat controls and the tilt and telescoping steering wheel, I can get quite comfy in the driver's seat. I also know for a fact that the anti-lock brakes work very well.

Favorite Features

Smooth engine, smooth automatic transmission, compliant suspension, excellent fuel economy, comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Have a five-speed automatic transmission or CVT available as an option, move the clock up about a foot so you can safely look at it while driving.

A satisfied customer so far {2months}
By morgan

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my Camry in for the Corolla as I like the ease of maneuvering a smaller car. It is too bad that some " expert" reviewers find the Corolla a turnoff because of the electric steering. It is a little different but perfectly acceptable. Also some reviewers complain of lack of power. I've been pleased so far.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage. Small size means easier to park. Inexpensive to purchase, and hopefully to maintain.

Suggested Improvements

At night there is no light that I can find to turn on to illuminate the key hole. Maybe one exists and I haven't found it yet.

Back Pain
By BWC

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Even though specs say car is bigger, it seems smaller inside; feel crunched. All Corollas have slanted seats (toward back, fall into a "V" shape) which kills the back unless you use a slanted cushion. I'd like to know who designs cars and why don't they get consumer's input?

Favorite Features

Nice ride, economical.

Suggested Improvements

Make seats straight, not slanted toward back into V shape.

Solid Economy Car
By NYCCT

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Overall happy with the vehicle. Repeat Toyota buyer, but did switch one vehicle to Honda FIT this year.

Favorite Features

Reliable.

Suggested Improvements

The gap between the front and rear windows and the body trap small leaves. When I used the hose to blast them out (couldn't do it with my fingers) there was water penetration within the vehicle. Makes me worry about future potential interior body rust.

Very pleased
By dvd0060

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

For the money this car is fantastic! The 1.8 liter engines has plenty of get up and go (I was surprised!) great breaks, handling is light and steering was quick and accurate (made it kinda fun to drive). The seats are comfy and there's plenty of room inside. Stability and trac are standard! This car feels more substantial the you might imagine. Low road noise and very absorbent ride, all help make the car feel like quality.

Favorite Features

Stability control is standard at no additional price. Nice and quiet on the road. Good handling! Very easy to drive! Amazing MPG, I averaged 38.2 first tank. Combo highway and city (@60 mph) highway.

Suggested Improvements

The placement of the digital clock is kinda stupid! Seat fabric feels cheap. A dedicated ipod connection would be nice.

American Built Beauty
By Paul K

2010 Toyota Corolla XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The 2010 Corolla XLE is a solid American-built car. The improvements over the previous generation are monumental; It is like driving an entry level Lexus for $20K, but with good fuel economy. Hugs the road. Not a single rattle, squeak, or clank to be heard. Roof is a bit too low for tall people. Sunroof, auto-climate control, and navigation are nice touches.

Favorite Features

Eats up bumps and road imperfections with aplomb. Very comfortable seats. Quiet, solid ride and drive. It's good to buy an impressive small car while also supporting American factory workers (Corollas are assembled in California). The switches, buttons, and ventilation fan are all quiet and smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Suggest increase roof height by 4 inches to improve ingress\egress.

Pleasantly Surprised
By cf

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second corolla and it is a solid car. Great mpg and more comfortable than I expected! The 1.8 is as good as it gets for an economy car and the sport look is outstanding. Got the package discount and what a difference that makes! The ride is steady and sure and the feel is vague at highway speed but that will take getting used to. Cheap plastic but this car stickered for the same as my 99 corolla with more features!

Favorite Features

sport package with wheels, spoiler, sunroof, great mpg

Suggested Improvements

Better seat material! Shows everything and is too thin.

Extremely happy
By CEM

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I felt compelled to write a review after reading Edmund's statements about Corolla being last in some survey. I truly am extremely happy. Averaging 30mpg combined hwy/local. Very nice look external and internal. Seats more comfortable than the Civic which I previously owned. Quiet. Handles tremendously well. Accelerates smoothly including uphill. Auto shifts smoothly. Multi-CD player sounds great. It's the smooth ride I think really impresses and the nice design. Then just add the quality - confidence this will last 100-200k miles or more.

Favorite Features

Hard to pick. MPG, quality, reliability, design.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of anything I'd change. Those who'd pay for a better stereo can always add it.