Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 204 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Daytime Dashboard Lights
By Puzzled

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Toyota Corolla LE 2007 and a Honda Civic LX 2010 which had dashboards that lit up as soon as the car started and remained until the car was turned off. I bought a 2010 Toyota Corolla LE two weeks ago only to find that the dashboard lights are controlled by a sensor that begins when the car is started in a darkened garage but fade as soon as the car is in daylight. Even when the car goes through a tunnel or overpass, the lights don't go on. All the mechanics tell me this is the way it's made to work. To me, not having dashboard lights is a safety issue, and it should be rectified by Toyota. The salesman suggested that I cover the sensor. Why? It's supposed to work automatically.

Safety features such as airbags, heavier body frame, good brakes, nice interior, good air conditioner.

Fix the sensor or get rid of it altogether. Put back the lights on the dashboard that were standard on older models.

Toyota quality still slipping!
By DAN

2010 Toyota Corolla XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 6th Toyota and the worst of the lot. 3 recalls and several trips to fix broken trim, HVAC problems, engine issues etc. Toyota quality for 2010 is the worst I've seen, heard, or experienced. I think I'm done with Toyota and unless they do a quick turnaround, they are not worth their premium price. The interior design is lame and the HVAC system is laughably ridiculous - a chimp could have come up with a better design. The engine is already getting wheezy and noisy.

Gas mileage is great.

Get back to the basics - build a quality product! This is definitely not it. Scrap the HVAC system totally - it's insanely poorly designed.

Great Ride Great Price
By mpsmith80

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great. For the lower end LE Model it has a tone of features. It Comes with cruise, traction control, Heated mirrors, 4 speed automatic, Tells you how may miles to an empty tank. For 16,000 I am incredibly happy with what I got. It's a Toyota and it will last forever. The only complaint is the gas mileage. For a smaller car it gets 24 city and 34 hwy. With a small engine and compact size I would expect better.

Lots of bells and whistles for a smaller price. Great acceleration and good turning radius. Makes taking those Portland hills a lot more fun.

Better stereo, improve gas mileage,

Looks great, Runs poorly
By alberto

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

When i first bought this car i was really excited because i felt i had upgraded from my 99 Avalon. Now i just wish I would've gone with a honda or mazda. This car has a lot of trouble accelerating as if the car was pulling something. The steering wheel doesn't seem to turn as much as it should. While driving at 65 mph it was difficult to keep car in between lines. This feels unsafe and worse than my 96 accord. It's infuriating that Toyota would build a car this way as oppose to stepping up their game after all they been going through. The car looks great but id rather drive a car 14 years older.

The looks.

Increase the turning ability, fix the steering issue, fix the crappy acceleration issue and go back to the way you used to make cars accelerate instead of the pedal send signals electronically to the motor to accelerate, and 5 speed should be standard on automatic. So infuriating.

Better cars available than the Corolla
By Vijay

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Toyota of Dallas has great Customer Relations, Service, and New Car Sales. I'm satisfied with them. I am not satisfied with this car. My commute is 6 miles local one-way. I average 22-23 mpg. The steering is stiff, there is a huge driver side blind spot, tire noise is very noticeable, the ABS engages even at low speeds and makes a whirring sound. Cornering and braking doesn't inspire confidence. Acceleration is jerky. Interior is cheap quality with lots of plastic. Look at the flimsy rear cup holders! I wish the headrests and armrests were softer. Lastly my change holder broke already after two months and I didn't use it once. I like the mud flaps, rear bumper protector, cargo net and tray.

Red exterior, large trunk space, ESC, traction control, cruise control, automatic headlights, dual glove compartments. I got a great deal on the car. It comes with 3 years free maintenance, interior and exterior detailing every 6 months, tire replacement for flat tires and dent protection.

The entire car from the engine, transmission, suspension, braking, sound proofing, interior materials and design need to be totally revamped. My baby is two and a half and already can touch the back of the driver seat from her car seat. There definitely needs to be more interior room in the rear.