2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Corolla CE with Enhance Convenience Pkg
By Micheal on 01/04/10 09:19 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research before buying the car. For the limited amount of money I had the Corolla offered the best value. It has a quiet, smooth, pleasant ride; it can corner surprisingly well and fast (for a commuter car), though it is not fun nor exciting. My body is 6'2" and 180 pounds. I have just so-so leg space with the seat all the way back; fortunately, the steering wheel telescopes and tilts nicely. My left elbow is way past the door elbow rest, so I can't use it; the right elbow rest aligns nicely, but is hard plastic. The seat is uncomfortable - no lumbar support and the seat cushion is too narrow so the side bolster dig into the butt. Excellent fuel economy; good visibility.

Nice Change
By Kellie on 01/02/10 17:46 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My old car was a 2001 Ford Escape and the change was very welcome. I love the fuel economy. While it is on the smaller side, it is the perfect size for my needs. I am looking forward to saving some $$ over the next few years.

2010 Corolla LE, Nice car!
By dozosu on 12/30/09 08:45 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Having been a loyal Honda Civic owner for many years I made the switch to a Corolla. The Corolla rides better and is quieter, 2 features that I've grown to appreciate as I've gotten older. I paid 16,500 for an LE with automatic, remote entry, cruise, 6-CD changer, and heated outside mirrors. To me that's a bargain considering the average price of a new car sold these days. This car does everything very well and spending more seems like a rip-off.

Good entry level model
By Frosty1 on 12/18/09 13:00 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I drive 500-600 miles a week and the gas mileage has been outstanding (37- 40 mpg highway) as long as a speed of 65-70 is maintained during highway driving. This saves about $10 a week in gas cost. Quieter and smoother ride versus a comparable Civic. Previously owned a 2004 Camry LE and the cabin noise is even less! Have seen numerous reviews (mostly with the S trim) citing rattles and other noises, but have yet to see any of these issues. Acceleration is a bit sluggish from a start, but what can you expect from a 1.8L engine. Overall a good commuter car.

ABS Issues, interior noise
By angry in antioch on 12/16/09 18:39 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

So I bought this car, and from day one, under normal driving conditions, if I'm braking and I hit a bump or pothole, the OVERSENSITIVE ABS kicks in and increases the stopping distance. Loud and heavy vibration, felt at the pedal. This is an issue that definitely needs to be addressed, I bought this car for the safety rating, but it's not safe. I cart around young family and this vehicle is definitely not safe. I regret buying this car. Has only 7k miles on it and I sit and watch it collect dust.

WOW Value
By WinATL on 12/14/09 11:30 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2010 Corolla S for an incredible price with automatic, spoiler, power package and 16 alloy wheels. I also looked at Mazda3, Kia Forte and Honda Fit. Toyota beat them all on price to my surprise; I suppose the Toyotathon helped! It drives very well for a small car and the 4cylinder auto is responsive and eager to go. It's not going to win a drag race but cruises at highway speeds very quietly and economically. Looks fairly sporty with the rear spoiler, but again it's not a corvette. Very quiet at highway speeds and rides very smoothly!

Unsatisfied
By Delsher on 12/06/09 19:26 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am very unhappy with my corolla S, the vibration of the steering wheel when I stop at the red light is very bad, the RPM fluctuates between 750- 780, and when the heater on sometimes fluctuates between 500-900, went to the dealer and their answer was you are not driving BMW, and that all Corollas vibrate like that.

Wow, I just save $20 bucks
By me on 12/06/09 06:12 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Well, I just filled up my new LE and It only cost me $31.00. I got 400 miles out of the tank. My previous car cost me $50 to 58 to fill and I got 400 miles to the tanks. This car will pay for it's self in a few years. The bucket seats are not the greatest fo all day driving and the automatic steering is something different, but hey I bought a car that will last and has great gas mileage not a Corvette. I love my car. This war will save me about $80 per week. That is about $4000 per year savings in gas and in 3 1/2 years the car has paid for it's self.

90% As Good as my Lexus!
By Wabash2001 on 12/04/09 05:09 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After driving a Scion xD (and not liking it at ALL), I test drove a Corolla "S." Night and day difference! My other car is a 2008 Lexus IS 250 with lots of options, and this Corolla is 90% as good. It's quiet. It gets great gas mileage. The list of features is impressive. There's plenty of room and while a bit on the bland side, it's peppy and predictable. Other, similar econo-cars either skimp on the features or cost several thousand more. The Corolla does what it should, and I don't regret the purchase at all! Sure, there are room for improvements--but at this price it's hard to consider the car a compromise.

Vibrates like a 20 year old car
By Delsher Sino on 12/02/09 19:02 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I do not want you to make the same mistake, even though I bought brand new 2010 car, the car vibrates like a 20 year old car, you can feel the vibration in the steering wheel, doors, seats. I told the dealer about the vibration and his answer was that all Toyota corolla vibrates and that I am not driving BMW.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Corolla in VA is:

$114 per month*