2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Toyota quality still slipping!
By DAN on 08/19/10 07:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 6th Toyota and the worst of the lot. 3 recalls and several trips to fix broken trim, HVAC problems, engine issues etc. Toyota quality for 2010 is the worst I've seen, heard, or experienced. I think I'm done with Toyota and unless they do a quick turnaround, they are not worth their premium price. The interior design is lame and the HVAC system is laughably ridiculous - a chimp could have come up with a better design. The engine is already getting wheezy and noisy.

Love it!
By Elizabeth Libero on 05/01/10 11:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new Corolla. The bluetooth, storage, ride, comfort etc. is all there. Getting great mileage. Have not noticed steering problem and I have been looking for it after reading others. I like the way it looks too. I am very pleased and would recommend it to others. I do agree the clock should be moved, but thats about it. I find all the features to be up to Toyota's usual standards. I feel like I am in a Camry most of the time. I have had Toyota's in the past, still have an old Sienna. Got this car to get the good gas mileage and it was the most comfortable one out there.

I'm Happy
By Elizabeth Libero on 04/16/10 07:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my new 2010 Corolla XLE. I have owned a Tercel, Corolla, Camry Wagon and Sienna. They were all great, so I stayed with Toyota. I am especially pleased with the quiet ride, bluetooth, zippy engine and look. I prefer the cloth to leather since I live in very hot temps. I was excited at the powertrain warranty and oil changes for life as well as my fin. deal. I95 staff treated me like I was buying a Lexus.

Not Sure Yet.
By corollamon on 02/28/10 18:29 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 2004 corolla and was excited to purchase the 2010. The interior is much nicer and feels bigger than the 04. Didn't consider other brands due to the success I've had with Toyota's reliability, resale value, and quality. The 2010 model has had recalls but the items I have noticed have not yet been recalled. (See Cons). Gas mileage is great and 7000 miles have gone by without an issue mechanically.

Good entry level model
By Frosty1 on 12/18/09 13:00 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I drive 500-600 miles a week and the gas mileage has been outstanding (37- 40 mpg highway) as long as a speed of 65-70 is maintained during highway driving. This saves about $10 a week in gas cost. Quieter and smoother ride versus a comparable Civic. Previously owned a 2004 Camry LE and the cabin noise is even less! Have seen numerous reviews (mostly with the S trim) citing rattles and other noises, but have yet to see any of these issues. Acceleration is a bit sluggish from a start, but what can you expect from a 1.8L engine. Overall a good commuter car.

American Built Beauty
By Paul K on 11/12/09 06:12 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The 2010 Corolla XLE is a solid American-built car. The improvements over the previous generation are monumental; It is like driving an entry level Lexus for $20K, but with good fuel economy. Hugs the road. Not a single rattle, squeak, or clank to be heard. Roof is a bit too low for tall people. Sunroof, auto-climate control, and navigation are nice touches.

XLE - Cushy Smooth Quiet Car Commuter
By wirelesslink on 09/18/09 19:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

There are several cars to choose from if you still want to sprint on city streets, race in-out of lanes on the freeway and drive canyon roads, but most/all are very noisy, rougher riding, less refined overall and get low mpg. If you want a very quiet, smoother-riding, high mpg commuter or cruiser, at a reasonable price the XLE is a great choice. The engine/auto trans is silky smooth and pulls away from a stop smoothly, not with a jump. With windows closed, auto climate control-set, and your favorite music playing thru the JBL system, your music mutes on incoming/outgoing calls over Bluetooth linked to your phone, controlled by steering wheel controls. A nice ride in a smaller car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan in VA is:

$140 per month*