Used 2010 Toyota Corolla XLE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Toyota quality still slipping!
By DAN

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 6th Toyota and the worst of the lot. 3 recalls and several trips to fix broken trim, HVAC problems, engine issues etc. Toyota quality for 2010 is the worst I've seen, heard, or experienced. I think I'm done with Toyota and unless they do a quick turnaround, they are not worth their premium price. The interior design is lame and the HVAC system is laughably ridiculous - a chimp could have come up with a better design. The engine is already getting wheezy and noisy.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is great.

Suggested Improvements

Get back to the basics - build a quality product! This is definitely not it. Scrap the HVAC system totally - it's insanely poorly designed.

Love it!
By Elizabeth Libero

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love my new Corolla. The bluetooth, storage, ride, comfort etc. is all there. Getting great mileage. Have not noticed steering problem and I have been looking for it after reading others. I like the way it looks too. I am very pleased and would recommend it to others. I do agree the clock should be moved, but thats about it. I find all the features to be up to Toyota's usual standards. I feel like I am in a Camry most of the time. I have had Toyota's in the past, still have an old Sienna. Got this car to get the good gas mileage and it was the most comfortable one out there.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth/6 disc cd music

Suggested Improvements

Clock does need to move for visibility

I'm Happy
By Elizabeth Libero

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my new 2010 Corolla XLE. I have owned a Tercel, Corolla, Camry Wagon and Sienna. They were all great, so I stayed with Toyota. I am especially pleased with the quiet ride, bluetooth, zippy engine and look. I prefer the cloth to leather since I live in very hot temps. I was excited at the powertrain warranty and oil changes for life as well as my fin. deal. I95 staff treated me like I was buying a Lexus.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, quiet ride

Not Sure Yet.
By corollamon

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 2004 corolla and was excited to purchase the 2010. The interior is much nicer and feels bigger than the 04. Didn't consider other brands due to the success I've had with Toyota's reliability, resale value, and quality. The 2010 model has had recalls but the items I have noticed have not yet been recalled. (See Cons). Gas mileage is great and 7000 miles have gone by without an issue mechanically.

Favorite Features

Climate control, telescoping steering wheel, larger interior, Aux jack, simple and clean looking interior.

Suggested Improvements

Steering is a big issue. I can't seem to stay in one lane. Right and Left makes me look like a potential DUI pull over. Trunk lid. Am I the only one who keeps making the mistake of opening the lid 3/4 and it falls back down?I've got a couple bruises to prove there is a balance issue.

Good entry level model
By Frosty1

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I drive 500-600 miles a week and the gas mileage has been outstanding (37- 40 mpg highway) as long as a speed of 65-70 is maintained during highway driving. This saves about $10 a week in gas cost. Quieter and smoother ride versus a comparable Civic. Previously owned a 2004 Camry LE and the cabin noise is even less! Have seen numerous reviews (mostly with the S trim) citing rattles and other noises, but have yet to see any of these issues. Acceleration is a bit sluggish from a start, but what can you expect from a 1.8L engine. Overall a good commuter car.

Favorite Features

Navigation system, Climate control, Traction control (this kicked a few times already with the slick roads)

Suggested Improvements

No steering wheel controls for radio or heat/air conditioner.