2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
So far so good
By taram21 on 06/19/14 20:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my certified 2010 Corolla about 2 months ago with 36000 miles on it.This was defiantly not my first choice when searching for a new car but it was in my price range and I thought it was cute so I went ahead. I drive 80 miles round trip to work every day and so far it's been great. However I do have a few complaints. The seats are not comfortable at all! They also collect lint like another review said. The interior is really boring in my opinion and it is really hard to see the clock. Overall it is cute and fun but I wish I had waited and found something better

Don't Waste Your Time or Money!
By cdh0730 on 05/14/14 11:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2010 Corolla LE. The entire dash, the doors and the back rattle BADLY. If I go over a bump in the road, it sounds like the car is literally going to fall apart. We have had to have the rotors replaced or turned about six times now. This car barely has 60k miles on it! I have a 2001 Ford (with 160k miles) and I have replaced the rotors ONCE. We are also about to put on the third set of tires. Each time I go to the dealership, there is yet another recall. The interior design on this car is horrible, and don't even get me started on the seat fabric! There is four year old lint on my seats that I have given up on. Save yourself the hassle, and don't buy this piece of junk!

I love my corolla!
By povd on 07/09/13 09:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am going to give a completely honest and unbiased review since I have never owned a Toyota before. So I drive 15 mins on the highway to get to work. I wanted something that is reliable, fuel efficent, fun to drive, and still looks good. I love my Corolla. When I drove it off the lot, I was feeling like I made the wrong decision, but as I kept driving it, I fell in looove :] I have a 2006 BMW M3 Convertible as a summer car and it is very easy to go from that to this corolla. No problem. The fuel economy is awesome. 40 bucks to fill and I get 500-570 KM's on a tank that lasts 10-12 days. And the seats are comfortable for me. But yeah i have quite a few paint chips but oh well. It's plastic.

The Spartan of the economy cars.
By stinkymcdugan on 03/25/13 20:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is not a sports car, nor is it a luxury car. It's a compact car that happens to be fun to drive and efficent. If your buying this car to race it your buying the wrong car. If your expecting this to ride like a caddy, your likely to be disappointed. If your buying the car to commute to work, and pickup the groceries this is a great car. It is predictable, it manuevers well, it is easy on gas, and it isn't likely to break down. This car will doesn't depreciate as quickly as the rest of the competition. It's not as flashy as some of the others either. The corolla is a spartan car. It does the job well, my last corolla had 340K and still didn't miss a beat.

Longitivity on parts - Brakes
By cirandousti on 01/18/13 06:49 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2010 new model less that 2 years ago. Now at only 32,200 miles the brakes are gone on my car. When I called the dealership I was was informed that some New vehicles are being sold with brake live span of 15,000. This is seriously the reason Toyota is having horrid experiences with this vehicles and after the recall incident you would think that they would sell more "reliable" parts on their vehicles. I am so mad that I have dish out $$ on a 32,2000 mile car, that I will be seeking to trade this vehicle, recommend to ALL those who listen to NEVER purchase a Toyota vehicle. I regret ever purchasing a Toyota and will NEVER purchase another.

CHEAP TO BUY, AND CHEAPLY BUILT TOO!
By retired744 on 06/16/12 18:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

In April 2012, I bought a 2010 Corolla LE with 7018 miles, from a Honda dealer, for $13,685. I bought it because of the advertised great fuel milage, and for the 8 total air bags ( small car safety ). The car is a good vehicle for low speed local travel, but highway noise above 55mph is excessive! I simply would not buy a Corolla again because of the excessive road noise. This is obviously a cheap car, but the all plastic interior is disgustingly cheap. I suppose I got what I paid for, but I now do NOT plan to keep this car. Interestingly, someone else traded it in at the Honda dealership where I bought it. WHY ?? I am now planning to trade it also! I made a mistake buying a 2010 Corolla LE!

Best BANG for the buck!
By azghsthntr on 05/24/12 08:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 Nissan Xterra for a 2010 Toyota Corolla for $13.2 with 39k miles two weeks ago. I wasn't too excited about it at first as I love trucks, but going from filling up every four days to once a week, I cant beat that! I am averaging about 32 mpg with 90% freeway driving. The digital dash options to view avg mpg, temp, time, and current mpg is nice. A/C blows excellent which is a must in this Arizona heat. Radio sound is nice. Motor runs strong for this little four banger. Interior looks and feels cheap, but I can sacrifice that for a more dependable engine any day of the week! We will be taking it for our first road trip this Memorial Day, should be fun and nice drive.

MagLuk
By magluk on 05/22/12 06:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

So I wrote a review two years ago right when I bought the 2010 Corolla. A lot has changed and only for the worse. When I'm on the highway it sounds like there is something retelling around the roof, and I'm getting the feeling like the roof will fall off, it happens more on a windy day, also the car is starting to jerk when I'm in drive at 40mph trying to go faster. The car also has a problem with pick up when I want to accelerate and switch lanes. Over all I'm getting scared of driving this car, and I'm thinking of trading it in, not for another Toyota, I believer they are getting to expensive and the quality is going down hill. The dealer always has excuses on not looking in to this mater.

Disappointed
By windgrace on 05/06/12 07:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2010 Corolla with 9500 miles on it for $15k last summer. It's been a horrible experience. On the drive home a rattle appeared above the driver's side window. I had to take the car down to the dealership once every week regarding the rattle, and they alternated between "It's fixed" to "We can't hear anything." Finally after 2 months they finally found the side air bag was messed up. I have numerous rattles in the headliner, still. The car is eating up tires, as well. Might be suspension issues, but I'm sick of dealing with the dealership. Hoping to trade it in for a new Civic, soon. Will never buy Toyota again. And on top of all of this, the interior materials are horrible!

Loving my used corolla
By qtcountrybo on 03/14/12 20:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Got tired of $75 fill ups and bad mpg's from my pick up so I traded it in on my 2010 Corolla. Love the $30 fill up and 35 mpg. The car is very easy to live with and very simple to use. I reliezed this the second day I had it when I jumped in, cranked it up and was flipping through the radio all without even thinking about what I was doing. Normally it takes a few days to get use to a new car but not this one. Its comfortable, quiet and very realiable. Its no sports car or powerhouse but then again, if thats what I wanted then I would have bought one.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan in VA is:

$140 per month*