2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Fun little car
By al0751 on 06/02/13 12:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My parents helped me buy this car used when my truck started costing too much money for inspection each year. While I started out a truck man, and still am to this day, I love my car to death. It is very fun to drive. I get excited to drive it even several months after I bought it. The 5 speed is nice, however there are a few quirks with mine. The clutch pedal squeaks (quite loud when the windows are down and at a standstill), and the shifter also squeaks when I am shifting into first and second gears. Also, sometimes the back window rattles when the radio is on (volume and bass are both not very loud and it still vibrates). Overall, I love the car and will keep it until it dies

Very Pleased
By daigs on 07/17/11 10:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I could not be more satisfied with my Corolla. Sharp exterior looks and a decent interior. Not the highest end interior but not offensively cheap. The best part of the car has to be the excellent fuel economy. I average between 36-39MPG regularly. The the manual transmission, power is there when it is needed. Is the car a racer? No. But for good, reliable, economic transportation that you're not embarrassed to drive, the Corolla is your car.

Not perfect, but very good overall
By Maurice on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2010 S model for a year, and am very happy with it overall. First of all, the gas mileage is awesome. I have a 5 speed, and if the MPG monitor is right, I can get about 38-39 MPG on the highway. I average 35 on a whole tank of gas. The styling is great. Nice aggressive lowering of the front end, and the ground effects and spoiler make it look much better than the standard models. Interior is nice. There is a lot of plastic components. A few negatives, although minor. Could use back seat pockets. The fabric is loosely attached. One issue I've experienced with the radio is during cold weather, the volume knob will not work. The interior needs to warm up first.

Twenty Thousand Dollar Motor
By Rebecca Davis on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car feels unsafe over 55 MPH on the interstate. The seats are so firm on a long trip you are so uncomfortable from the seats being hard. The interior is the cheapest I have ever seen in any small car. The inside dash and door material are the cheapest plastics I have ever seen in a car. The trunk will not open with the inside release or key every time, taken it to the dealer twice still not fixed, road noise is awful. You live and learn,I will never buy a Toyota product again. I paid $20,000 dollars for a motor that uses less gas other than that the rest is one of the cheapest made small cars I have ever seen, mine is a 2010 Corolla with 10,200 miles on it.

Excellent
By XIOMI CARRERA on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I were very happy and pleased with the performance of the salesman. No pressure was done on his behalf. The driving was excellent, and would recommend to others.

Great Car Corolla S auto. no moonroof
By ant on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car from dealer in GA for $16,300 included tax/dealer fee. Great car, very reliable just have 100 miles on it.

Nice car (when parked)
By Tony the test driver on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a nice car in the S trim. Body kit makes amazing job beautifying this fairly dull car. Only grill remains dull. It is so smooth for a small car, you don't feel if it moves. But this is not enthusiast's car. It has no soul. You may accelerate hard but there is no feel of it. Steering is questionable. Interior is great besides some hard plastic in "should be soft" places, cheap controls and questionable location of the clock. Big trunk. Nice seats. Decent legroom in the back and suitable middle spot with flat floor beneath.

Now has Steering Fixed
By Vic Scales on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I HAD the steering problem many complain about. There is a TSB where they fix it by swapping out the steering computer and now the car is GREAT. Before that I thought I had to get rid of it. Now I LOVE the car and have about 17,000 miles on it.

Steering Fixed ! TSB
By Vic S on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 17,000 miles on the car. At first the STEERING on center wandering was TERRIBLE on long trips over 60mph. Toyota came out with a fix (TSR involved changing the steering computer) and it's now a great car. Before that fix I felt I'd have to get rid of the car! I also own a 2004 Honda Accord and 2008 Honda Accord (both manual transmissions). The Corolla now drives similar to the Accords, which I very much like. The 1.8L engine is nice with the manual transmission. The manual makes it a JOY to drive. It's NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness) is far superior to the civic & NO Kiddy Digital Speedometer. The ride is more like my 04 Accord, which is very good.

Good car so far
By Scott on 07/03/10 19:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Believe it or not, traded a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT for a 2010 Corolla S with 5 speed stick. Added up cost of ownership for the next 5 years and it was a no brainer. I'm actually enjoying the corolla more than the g8 because of the manual transmission. Getting 31 mpg with city/hwy combined. Seems like a lot of road noise, but I suspect crappy Goodyear tires are a big part of that. Steering does feel a little weird at hwy speeds, but doesn't really seem too bad. Car handles a lot better than an Acura v6 tsx I drove, it had tires squealing around every turn. For the price, design and quality of materials is fine. Shifter is pretty smooth and clutch action is light and easy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Corolla in NJ is:

$238 per month*