Used 2010 Toyota Corolla S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Fun little car
By al0751

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My parents helped me buy this car used when my truck started costing too much money for inspection each year. While I started out a truck man, and still am to this day, I love my car to death. It is very fun to drive. I get excited to drive it even several months after I bought it. The 5 speed is nice, however there are a few quirks with mine. The clutch pedal squeaks (quite loud when the windows are down and at a standstill), and the shifter also squeaks when I am shifting into first and second gears. Also, sometimes the back window rattles when the radio is on (volume and bass are both not very loud and it still vibrates). Overall, I love the car and will keep it until it dies

I love the amount of power this little 4 cylinder engine can make. If you need to, this thing will fly if in a low enough gear. It is easy to go from 40 to 60 mph getting onto the highway in just a few seconds if the car is in third gear. I also love the gas mileage I get out of this car. I have a heavy foot when it comes to driving. I get quite impatient waiting to get up to speed, so I generally accelerate pretty good, shifting around 4k rpms, and I still reliably get 35mpg combined. I calculate the mpg and compare it to what the car says, and the car generally says between 36-39, while I have gotten anywhere from 33-36mpg. Great car, great mileage, looks good, and really fun to drive

There isn't too much to complain about with this car. My only wishes was that there was more power (although you really can't ask for that from a 4 cylinder), and for the rear window to not vibrate when I turn music on. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Very Pleased
By daigs

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I could not be more satisfied with my Corolla. Sharp exterior looks and a decent interior. Not the highest end interior but not offensively cheap. The best part of the car has to be the excellent fuel economy. I average between 36-39MPG regularly. The the manual transmission, power is there when it is needed. Is the car a racer? No. But for good, reliable, economic transportation that you're not embarrassed to drive, the Corolla is your car.

Looks, Fuel economy

None

Not perfect, but very good overall
By Maurice

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2010 S model for a year, and am very happy with it overall. First of all, the gas mileage is awesome. I have a 5 speed, and if the MPG monitor is right, I can get about 38-39 MPG on the highway. I average 35 on a whole tank of gas. The styling is great. Nice aggressive lowering of the front end, and the ground effects and spoiler make it look much better than the standard models. Interior is nice. There is a lot of plastic components. A few negatives, although minor. Could use back seat pockets. The fabric is loosely attached. One issue I've experienced with the radio is during cold weather, the volume knob will not work. The interior needs to warm up first.

Exterior styling, good combination of gray metallic exterior and black interior.

back seat pockets, a little more punch in the lower gears, and figure out what's wrong with the radio volume knob during cold weather.

Twenty Thousand Dollar Motor
By Rebecca Davis

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car feels unsafe over 55 MPH on the interstate. The seats are so firm on a long trip you are so uncomfortable from the seats being hard. The interior is the cheapest I have ever seen in any small car. The inside dash and door material are the cheapest plastics I have ever seen in a car. The trunk will not open with the inside release or key every time, taken it to the dealer twice still not fixed, road noise is awful. You live and learn,I will never buy a Toyota product again. I paid $20,000 dollars for a motor that uses less gas other than that the rest is one of the cheapest made small cars I have ever seen, mine is a 2010 Corolla with 10,200 miles on it.

gas mileage

Material quality needs major improvement on the inside if the car. Quality is the make it or break it of a company!

Excellent
By XIOMI CARRERA

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I were very happy and pleased with the performance of the salesman. No pressure was done on his behalf. The driving was excellent, and would recommend to others.

All the feature were to my liking. Great

Nothing needs to improve. Everything is perfect on this car.