2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
So far so good
By taram21 on 06/19/14 20:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my certified 2010 Corolla about 2 months ago with 36000 miles on it.This was defiantly not my first choice when searching for a new car but it was in my price range and I thought it was cute so I went ahead. I drive 80 miles round trip to work every day and so far it's been great. However I do have a few complaints. The seats are not comfortable at all! They also collect lint like another review said. The interior is really boring in my opinion and it is really hard to see the clock. Overall it is cute and fun but I wish I had waited and found something better

Don't Waste Your Time or Money!
By cdh0730 on 05/14/14 11:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2010 Corolla LE. The entire dash, the doors and the back rattle BADLY. If I go over a bump in the road, it sounds like the car is literally going to fall apart. We have had to have the rotors replaced or turned about six times now. This car barely has 60k miles on it! I have a 2001 Ford (with 160k miles) and I have replaced the rotors ONCE. We are also about to put on the third set of tires. Each time I go to the dealership, there is yet another recall. The interior design on this car is horrible, and don't even get me started on the seat fabric! There is four year old lint on my seats that I have given up on. Save yourself the hassle, and don't buy this piece of junk!

Love my Corolla S! So Cute and Fuel Efficient!
By kharris1981 on 03/28/14 14:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been one of the most reliable fuel efficient cars I have owned in a while. I have had it since 2011 and it now has 30k on it and runs perfect. I only have to fill up the tank once every week and a half. Fantastic car with cute sporty look!~

Love my Sleek and Sporty Corolla S!
By thill357 on 10/15/13 09:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Being that this is my first car, I don't have much experience on owing other cars, but I can tell you that I truly love this sporty Corolla S! The exterior looks sharp with the alloy wheels, fog lights, spoiler; it completes the package! The black cloth interior with the super bright and sporty gauges are awesome! The black interior is much better then the tan LE cloth. The only thing I don't really like is where the digital clock is located. It really makes you take your eyes off the road. The engine has enough pep to get you moving; not crazy fast nor super slow. I have also been averaging 35mpg! Can't beat that! I would reccomend this vehicle to anyone! A great and reliable Toyota!

I love my corolla!
By povd on 07/09/13 09:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am going to give a completely honest and unbiased review since I have never owned a Toyota before. So I drive 15 mins on the highway to get to work. I wanted something that is reliable, fuel efficent, fun to drive, and still looks good. I love my Corolla. When I drove it off the lot, I was feeling like I made the wrong decision, but as I kept driving it, I fell in looove :] I have a 2006 BMW M3 Convertible as a summer car and it is very easy to go from that to this corolla. No problem. The fuel economy is awesome. 40 bucks to fill and I get 500-570 KM's on a tank that lasts 10-12 days. And the seats are comfortable for me. But yeah i have quite a few paint chips but oh well. It's plastic.

Fun little car
By al0751 on 06/02/13 12:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My parents helped me buy this car used when my truck started costing too much money for inspection each year. While I started out a truck man, and still am to this day, I love my car to death. It is very fun to drive. I get excited to drive it even several months after I bought it. The 5 speed is nice, however there are a few quirks with mine. The clutch pedal squeaks (quite loud when the windows are down and at a standstill), and the shifter also squeaks when I am shifting into first and second gears. Also, sometimes the back window rattles when the radio is on (volume and bass are both not very loud and it still vibrates). Overall, I love the car and will keep it until it dies

The Spartan of the economy cars.
By stinkymcdugan on 03/25/13 20:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is not a sports car, nor is it a luxury car. It's a compact car that happens to be fun to drive and efficent. If your buying this car to race it your buying the wrong car. If your expecting this to ride like a caddy, your likely to be disappointed. If your buying the car to commute to work, and pickup the groceries this is a great car. It is predictable, it manuevers well, it is easy on gas, and it isn't likely to break down. This car will doesn't depreciate as quickly as the rest of the competition. It's not as flashy as some of the others either. The corolla is a spartan car. It does the job well, my last corolla had 340K and still didn't miss a beat.

Overall Garbage
By wicked31036 on 03/20/13 11:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Got this as a hand me down three weeks ago with 32,000 miles. Ride is terrible. I feel every pebble in the road. Traction control stunts hard/quick acceleration at all speeds. Steering wonders at high speed. Cheap interior quality, the plastics rattle. Wind noise is bad. Cheap feel overall. Dealer has to do certain customizable feature for you. My 2005 Civic with 183,000 miles was better in every way. Including MPG. (Note: I never changed the shocks and only did routine maintenance on it) And this car does not have as much room as the Civic. Civic all the way.

Longitivity on parts - Brakes
By cirandousti on 01/18/13 06:49 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2010 new model less that 2 years ago. Now at only 32,200 miles the brakes are gone on my car. When I called the dealership I was was informed that some New vehicles are being sold with brake live span of 15,000. This is seriously the reason Toyota is having horrid experiences with this vehicles and after the recall incident you would think that they would sell more "reliable" parts on their vehicles. I am so mad that I have dish out $$ on a 32,2000 mile car, that I will be seeking to trade this vehicle, recommend to ALL those who listen to NEVER purchase a Toyota vehicle. I regret ever purchasing a Toyota and will NEVER purchase another.

CHEAP TO BUY, AND CHEAPLY BUILT TOO!
By retired744 on 06/16/12 18:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

In April 2012, I bought a 2010 Corolla LE with 7018 miles, from a Honda dealer, for $13,685. I bought it because of the advertised great fuel milage, and for the 8 total air bags ( small car safety ). The car is a good vehicle for low speed local travel, but highway noise above 55mph is excessive! I simply would not buy a Corolla again because of the excessive road noise. This is obviously a cheap car, but the all plastic interior is disgustingly cheap. I suppose I got what I paid for, but I now do NOT plan to keep this car. Interestingly, someone else traded it in at the Honda dealership where I bought it. WHY ?? I am now planning to trade it also! I made a mistake buying a 2010 Corolla LE!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Corolla in VA is:

$114 per month*