Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Simply an All-Around Great Small Car
By Trent Ford

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

There is no secret what the Corolla is and always has been about: reliability and value. I purchased my 2010 Corolla new and have put 60,000 miles on it. Only non-maintenance issues so far have been a faulty gas cap (on warranty) and a plastic manifold guard that needed re-fastening ($1.75 for zip ties). The original brakes are still going strong, the tires will need replacing soon, but have lasted for 60k. The car is smooth-running, never rough idles and has produced fantastic gas mileage: 36-38 highway & 26-28 city. The interior, as with most Toyotas, is quite bland but functional. The materials are not cheap feeling as in other cheaper economical cars. The only cons about the Corolla are the acceleration, the road noise, and the paint. The car will cruise easily at 80 or 85 mph, but it takes a LONG time to get there. Acceleration is about what you would expect from a naturally-aspirated 1.8L 4-cylinder. As with most cars at this price-point, road noise is very noticeable above 60 mph, but livable. The road noise comes entirely from the poor isolation and not from the tires. The only issue I did not expect when purchasing this car is the quality of the paint. It chips quite easily and the clear coat has begun to erode on the trunk. Granted my Corolla has never experienced a garage, so your experience may vary. Overall this is a fantastic car that has lived up to and exceeded my high expectations. I definitely recommend purchasing one if you need a reliable, safe form of basic transportation.

Leaking water pump
By Ralph H. Randall

2010 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Had to have the water pump replaced at 70K miles. Disappointing!

Good gas milage.

Seat covers .

2010 Corolla LE
By achk

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This has been an overall excellent vehicle. I bought the car new and have put 46,000 miles on it with not a single hiccup. I've never had any issues with rattling or road noise or even recalls and other strange mishaps as others have mentioned. Although this vehicle has been properly maintained by me and not the dealer. My original breaks even still have life left to them and tire wear is uniform. I'm 5'11" and it fits me perfectly, although my only complaint is that the seats are horribly uncomfortable and collect so much static and lint that I gave up trying to keep up. Although fabric softener helps with the static.

So far so good
By taram21

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my certified 2010 Corolla about 2 months ago with 36000 miles on it.This was defiantly not my first choice when searching for a new car but it was in my price range and I thought it was cute so I went ahead. I drive 80 miles round trip to work every day and so far it's been great. However I do have a few complaints. The seats are not comfortable at all! They also collect lint like another review said. The interior is really boring in my opinion and it is really hard to see the clock. Overall it is cute and fun but I wish I had waited and found something better

Don't Waste Your Time or Money!
By cdh0730

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2010 Corolla LE. The entire dash, the doors and the back rattle BADLY. If I go over a bump in the road, it sounds like the car is literally going to fall apart. We have had to have the rotors replaced or turned about six times now. This car barely has 60k miles on it! I have a 2001 Ford (with 160k miles) and I have replaced the rotors ONCE. We are also about to put on the third set of tires. Each time I go to the dealership, there is yet another recall. The interior design on this car is horrible, and don't even get me started on the seat fabric! There is four year old lint on my seats that I have given up on. Save yourself the hassle, and don't buy this piece of junk!

Gas mileage.

Toyota has already improved upon the Corolla with the 2014 release. I rented one while my Corolla spent the day at the dealership for it's many problems and was very pleased. Needless to say, I did NOT want to get my piece of crap back!

• SUV