2009 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: TRD Supercharged XRS

2009 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

XRS Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

TRD Supercharged XRS
By TRDSupercharged XRS on

2009 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Corolla XRS and as a birthday present my father had it supercharged it for me at the factory($3,190, the same TRD supercharger available for the tC). I now put out 206 hp and 171 lb.-ft of torque. With the supercharger I now get about 22 to 24 mpg city and close to 34 mpg highway. I also love the shift feel of the five-speed gear box,very smooth. In gloss black my Toyota XRS with tinted windows, interior LED light enhancements and awesomely crisp JBL sound system the car has proven fun and stylish.

Safety ratings, fuel economy, peppy acceleration, very smooth quiet ride, assembly quality.

If anything I guess a six speed close ratio transmission would be nice for even better shifting and highway fuel consumption. The two red rear reflectors on the lower portion of the back look ok at night in your headlights from behind, but in the daylight they look a bit tacked on.