2009 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Please Change The Name

2009 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

2009 Toyota Corolla

XRS Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Please Change The Name
By Prog on

2009 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am a long time Toyota owner and a first time Corolla XRS owner. I am a male in my late 20s and for how agressive and clean the car looks, the name evokes a complete opposite response from people. Everyone thinks it is a weak chick mobile. I wish Toyota would keep the platform, change the name and market the car more like the Civic. Anyway, the bottom line is I wanted a car that got great gas mileage, carried 5 passengers, has decent speed, is reliable, and looked good. It was the smart choice due to unforeseeable gas prices, but unless your friends, family, or peers know what the new XRS looks like, they will think you drive that old school rollerskate.

Airbags galore. I also like the extra horse power over the stock. It is more noticeable at speeds between 0-30 mph and 70-100 mph. I don't know exactly why? Maybe the 30-70 mph is the mpg sweet spot and they toned it down in that range. I test drove the S in automatic for comparison.

It needs a beefier looking rear end and I wish that they improved the sound system performance. They should have added a subwoofer. Also, the XRS needs TRD exhaust or something that will make it louder. The car is so quiet. People with manual transmission like a nice sounding growl.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review